Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since Jack still appears to be on sabbatical, I've been looking up her Wikipedia entry (nothing interesting and far less accurate than the pink button above). This led me to the Vimes Boots Index entry and hahahahahahahaha what a load of old pish.

As you were ninnies. I'm back to catching up.

ETA " hopes to have the first edition of the VBI published mid-February 2022." 😂😂
Anyone fancy editing that wiki to include the ONS FOI and the fact that it DOESN'T EXIST? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don't think it's so much that they didn't notice, more that they don't give a flying duck about poor people. Poors obviously don't deserve nice food or adequate nutrition. They should be able to pull money out of their arse budget their way out of poverty.
I havent really figured out the extent of her income because my head kind of stops at sums like 10k a month and i cant even imagine having them, at all. If 10k a month started comin into my account I would have the most enormous savings account because a) I'd think it was temporary b) I wouldnt know what to do with it. What I do know is that I could not, and I mean could not, pretend to people I spend hours in Asda picking that shitey food, knowing its tit(and the Cacio E pepe recipe says she does) and then sell that you can feed a family for 20quid and I did it regularly. I think she does have *some* experience of poverty and she knows fine well what she is selling and why someone would want her to sell that you can do that. To d that with that much in your account makes you scum. The worst. There are things I would do for money but that is not on the bleeping list, no matter how much, or what was at stake.

The reason people are rich is they spend less money? Boots index. duck you you bleep. I am glad you have to live for the next forty years known as the bootstrap cook who did that to people in this climate, after 100k people were killed in broad daylight between 2010-2022 while you waxed lyrical about it.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
A thought occurred to me as I lie in the bath.
What is the process of signing up to patreon? Does it verify users in any way? Use bank details etc?
Would it be possible for, for argument's sake, a publisher to sign up 100fake accounts to make the patreon of one of their writers look busier and more popular than it really is?
Does jack's 750 include several 100 accounts that never post, that never interact, that never even appear to log in?

#nakedandwetthinkingofjack
Yeah, you pay for it,, so you need a valid card, billing address, same as paying for anything else online. It'd be very weird to artificially boost the numbers as all it would do is make her look richer, while costing money (patreon fees, card processing fees.... Only a few %, but still.)

Jack hasn't posted on it for two years. I doubt there's that much activity from supporters - aside from people asking for refunds. There's nothing to react to/discuss.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
She's going to say she was hounded off Twitter and was forced to leave because of threats etc isn't she ..? 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 30
You've got to love the squigs who keep trying to bring up slop in the middle of all ~this~. It's like turning up to a car crash and asking a person being pulled out of a car by the fire brigade if they've got any advice about restaurants in the local area before they get loaded into an ambulance.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I could have sworn she said the swollen eye was from an insect bite. Maybe there’s been more than one. I don’t buy the bathroom tap explaination. The likelihood of falling onto a sink and only hitting a localised area like that is pretty teensy. Especially if falling at speed. Lolling over the toilet absolutely hammered and falling face first onto it is a more plausible explanation.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yeah, you pay for it,, so you need a valid card, billing address, same as paying for anything else online. It'd be very weird to artificially boost the numbers as all it would do is make her look richer, while costing money (patreon fees, card processing fees.... Only a few %, but still.)

Jack hasn't posted on it for two years. I doubt there's that much activity from supporters - aside from people asking for refunds. There's nothing to react to/discuss.
I see. Well. duck off very much for the clarity. ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 17
From the last couple of threads (I've been BUSY in my deliciously ordinary PAYE job)...

Marm, I have a function to calculate the hours since last tweet. Record was 140 in the dayhab phase. I think when we counted chairs. Problem is whether we go with original content or include replies? Do retweets count? Can't really work with likes as I don't know a way to get the time - if anyone does let me know.
Last original tweet that currently remains is 70 hours old, last remaining reply 58 hours old.

FruitJack, I got the dirtiest look (on a bus) when I saw your Sunday comment. I was shaking like the proverbial shitting dog, getting some very odd looks.

I am pleased to see Jack off social media, and I do live in hope that things will change. The Teemill shop is progress. I also know we've had false hope before. A person will not change until they are ready to accept there is a need to do so.
She ain’t ever changing. She had the whole rehab time and came back even worse. I have no hope for her redemption tbh. 😞

Reactions: 31
I havent really figured out the extent of her income because my head kind of stops at sums like 10k a month and i cant even imagine having them, at all. If 10k a month started comin into my account I would have the most enormous savings account because a) I'd think it was temporary b) I wouldnt know what to do with it. What I do know is that I could not, and I mean could not, pretend to people I spend hours in Asda picking that shitey food, knowing its tit(and the Cacio E pepe recipe says she does) and then sell that you can feed a family for 20quid and I did it regularly. I think she does have *some* experience of poverty and she knows fine well what she is selling and why someone would want her to sell that you can do that. To d that with that much in your account makes you scum. The worst. There are things I would do for money but that is not on the bleeping list, no matter how much, or what was at stake.

The reason people are rich is they spend less money? Boots index. duck you you bleep. I am glad you have to live for the next forty years known as the bootstrap cook who did that to people in this climate, after 100k people were killed in broad daylight between 2010-2022 while you waxed lyrical about it.
10k a month is literally a lottery prize.

Reactions: 34
This might be where I hold my hand up and confess that as well as reporting her whole story to the Daily Mail and suggesting they investigate her inconsistencies and potential frauds... I also reported the Teemill stuff to the fundraising commission.
I think the daily mail were the ones who ignored it the last time someone tried to tell them.

Reactions: 20
Yep, it's coming...
It would lessen the begging opportunities. On Twitter anyway.
I have less than 10k a year pension. Worked hard in my professional post 32 years. Never mind there's lots like me. It's a different time it really is nowadays.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
If you fell on a tap surely you would do serious eye and eye socket damage. Just think how much it hurts if you poke yourself in the eye and that would be a whole lot worse.

ETA: I just tried to Google about eye injuries, but I really hate close up eyes, so actually wanting to sleep tonight I hurriedly closed it all down. :sick:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
You've got to love the squigs who keep trying to bring up slop in the middle of all ~this~. It's like turning up to a car crash and asking a person being pulled out of a car by the fire brigade if they've got any advice about restaurants in the local area before they get loaded into an ambulance.
One has asked her about substitutions in their shopping delivery. It’s happened a few times now, apparently. Mate, my Ocado driver wouldn’t know about mine, so, to be fair, how do you expect Jack to have a scooby?

Unless…. they think Jack is now working at a depot? The warehouse has ditched state of the art robots and the forensic smol pixie is being really helpful by writing out a stock inventory by hand. 5 items down, 689,432 to go. Yay, the forever home is getting closer!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.