Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Evening, as it is All Quiet On The Grifting Front, I have had chance to refresh my knowledge and read the Wiki…

Dear god. It’s soooo bad. Not the Wiki obvs, the Monroe.

Also, Thank(space)you @Marmalade Atkins for all you do. 💕💪🏼
EDIT: She does a bastard chaos just as I post 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Reminder: Jack will be at the Hastings book festival this Saturday.

View attachment 1594249

ETA - S O L D O U T
View attachment 1594255
View attachment 1594256
I'm off to see Michael Palin in a couple of weeks, I bet he's a lot more interesting than our Jackie.

I still have no idea why they have booked her for this, her agent must be amazing. Once again she's is taking the place of a person who would be an excellent speaker. Maybe she won't bother turning up.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
as it’s quiet can I ask what grunking means? i’ve read the wiki but couldn’t see it there (although maybe i’m blind 😂)

EDIT: might have jinxed it! was all quiet as I was posting!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Honestly I’ve been there with drug induced paranoia and this is up there with the weird tit I used to believe.

Btw thank you to thread archivists new and old for ur time and service to the canal’s records keeping 🙏🏻❤ Sorry not reacting to those posts there’s just a LOT atm x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I got a black eye once from coming home when it was pissing down. My wet shoes skidded on the step down to my kitchen, I had an umbrella in one hand and flailed out with my other hand to the door which just swung back. There was one of those moments which go on forever before I faceplanted onto tiles laid on concrete. I was starting a new job the next day and they gently asked me DA questions.

It hurt like duck but didn’t look like that

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I thought that her website was down for maintenance and she couldn’t access Patreon because her previous assistant had access to it?! Pull the other one Jack!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I havent really figured out the extent of her income because my head kind of stops at sums like 10k a month and i cant even imagine having them, at all. If 10k a month started comin into my account I would have the most enormous savings account because a) I'd think it was temporary b) I wouldnt know what to do with it. What I do know is that I could not, and I mean could not, pretend to people I spend hours in Asda picking that shitey food, knowing its tit(and the Cacio E pepe recipe says she does) and then sell. I think she does have *some* experience of poverty and she knows fine well what she is selling and why someone would want her to sell that you can do that. To d that with that much in your account makes you scum. The worst. There are things I would do for money but that is not on the bleeping list, no matter how much, or what was at stake.

The reason people are rich is they spend less money? Boots index. duck you you bleep. I am glad you have to live for the next forty years known as the bootstrap cook who did that to people in this climate, after 100k people were killed in broad daylight between 2010-2022 while you waxed lyrical about it.
The rich people Jack loathes so much would be appalled at her spendthrift, wasteful shopping habits. Frittering money away on lipsticks and silver teaspoons. Her spending habits and her preferred brands are so middle class-that’s one of her big giveaways. I bet it kills her having to keep her Jo Malone hidden.
I think she’s experienced skintness of her own making but true poverty-I doubt it. Why would she? Smart girl, good family, affluent area with plenty work. I’m a gobshite from a crappy place and a really unstable family background, spent time in care, supported myself from a young age, had kids young, all my jobs for 20 years were service industry jobs until I went to university as a mature student and I only ever considered myself skint/broke-i didn’t see myself as living in poverty-maybe I should have but I just put it down to everyone had their hard times and things get better-you work, you train, you qualify, kids get older, but more freedom, qualify higher, work more=more money. It’s a tough grind but it’s not the Dickensian urchin life she makes it out to be. Unlike her I got a lot out of my skint years and I actually am weirdly thankful for them now because I learned a lot about life, me, priorities, how to cook…😆

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.