Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1594343

This makes £2.19 profit. So £2.19 provides three days emergency food for one person.

View attachment 1594353

This makes £4.50 profit. So actually £4.50 provides three days emergency food for one person.

Both figures sound like gross underestimates, unless it relates to one of those community supermarkets where you pay £3.00 but get £15.00 worth of goods but those aren't emergency food services, so I presume it be more likely to relate to a foodbank.

I am aware that Jack is autistic so cannot lie. She loves facts and is FORENSIC so she won't have just farted some nonsense onto t-shirts and tote bags. I look forward to hearing which figure is correct and seeing a fully costed breakdown of these emergency three day food parcels. I'm sure Jack has already been softly, gently behind the scenes educating foodbanks on providing food at these incredibly low prices.
I know it’s been said before but her signature at the bottom of the quotes says it all. Why does her name need to be on it at all?! It’s basically trademarking The Poverty™️. Vile.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'd find a way somehow, even if it meant having to email her agent or something, but that's just me.🤷‍♀️
Not hard to do, the agent's email address is in Jack's Twitter profile. I'd be doing this if I were one of the annoyed Patreon subscribers, which thankfully I'm not (I'm annoyed obvs but I'm not a Patreon sub).

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Black eye explanations.

Tripped over foot. Hit tap and sink.
Screenshot_20200901-233107_Fenix.jpg

Tripped over dumbbell. Hit toilet.
Screenshot_20220712-145248_Twitter.jpg

🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
. [snip] The prices of food have gone through the roof, that she's suggesting you can spend £20 a week for two adults and a child is a barefaced, malicious lie, fostering the illusion that the poor are starving because they can't budget. Sorry for the rant, but her fantasy shopping makes me livid.
it also encourages the government to keep benefits low, because they can point to Jack’s performative povvo shops and say that £20 a week is enough to feed someone (or even more than one person) with nutritious food long term.

Which it clearly isn’t, so some of the worst damage that she’s done is to give the government “evidence” that those of us who spend more than £20 a week to feed ourselves out of our benefits are being profligate.

The Patreon and the fundraising are bad, but this to my mind is worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
JM keeps her dumbbells in the bathroom? Is this part of the pre-move downsizing experiment?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I've seen a few people posting saying that if they cancel their subs, then they lose their ability to message JM directly (because they can't on Twitter) - I know that was a reason for some. Wouldn't work for me, I'd find a way somehow, even if it meant having to email her agent or something, but that's just me.🤷‍♀️
Having said that, all they have to do is @ her in a comment on Twitter or Instagram and she'd be all over it, because we all know she actively seeks out her own name. Sad bastard.
I think the best option open to these people is to go through her agent. She just ignores them on Twitter unless they're an obvious fraud. If enough people contact her agent she'll tit herself and might actually sort out refunds.

Reactions: 26
JM keeps her dumbbells in the bathroom? Is this part of the pre-move downsizing experiment?
She works out on the loo but also only uses Twitter on the loo. Think she might be constipated at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Probs not in the same vein as the same way Mary Loves Dick ;) (apologies to Derek Acorah ... ) but it appears that once again, now Karl Loves Jack.
I refer back to my first post of today - she's such a poisonous snake. No doubt she's given him the sob stories by dm and he's bought it.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
THis is actually wha has shocked me. By the by all the dodgy money tit, the food. I am no gourmet cook, but cooking is wonderful and when you have no money cooking is wonderful, baking is wonderful, things have flavours. Rice is not interchangeable, if I dont have pudding rice I cant make rice pudding, herbs are not interchangeable, cooking has rules and things have flavour and flavour matters. Bone broth is different to stock cubes. I think its indicative of the contempt that the Guardian and that set holds us in that they didn't even notice she couldn;t cook. Noone noticed she doesn't know anything about food. Why?
I don't think it's so much that they didn't notice, more that they don't give a flying duck about poor people. Poors obviously don't deserve nice food or adequate nutrition. They should be able to pull money out of their arse budget their way out of poverty.

Reactions: 18
but she is not known as an artist, or a postcard maker - she’s “famous” for being a poor person/cook.
So why are the rewards not linked to her abilities or reason for fame?
“Because Jack” is probably the answer but really she set herself up to fail because she would have to produce extra stuff every single month!
Don't limit Jack to cookery! Jack is a renaissance grifter. A polygrift, if you will.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This was my first thought too.

I've got a black eye before, twice, through my own clumsiness. Never ended up with shiny shiners though.

Reactions: 12
As far as the patreons go I reckon that the vast majority are rich enough not to notice. A lot of people are wealthy enough. It's the intermittent begging and playing on people's kindness that gets me. She's played them and knows what to say.
I will never know how she sleeps. How can she enjoy and live with the things that she's got by deception ? Because that's what it is.
Ugh.

Reactions: 32
👀 she's just liked a new tweet. Is it the beginning of a triumphant return?

Edit: on her favourite topic of course, how unfair it is that she can't get a mortgage for the forever home.
Screenshot_20220922-064920~3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.