Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking this exact thing! They are not the same thing, in terms of their physical properties or flavour profile. Jack really doesn't understand how food *works*. Her recipes are infuriating if you know anything about cooking, food chemistry, flavours, cooking techniques, texture etc etc etc etc as they could be so much better
THis is actually wha has shocked me. By the by all the dodgy money tit, the food. I am no gourmet cook, but cooking is wonderful and when you have no money cooking is wonderful, baking is wonderful, things have flavours. Rice is not interchangeable, if I dont have pudding rice I cant make rice pudding, herbs are not interchangeable, cooking has rules and things have flavour and flavour matters. Bone broth is different to stock cubes. I think its indicative of the contempt that the Guardian and that set holds us in that they didn't even notice she couldn;t cook. Noone noticed she doesn't know anything about food. Why?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Has she ever came back about the 600% increase in that persons care costs? What if that person still thinks Jack’s looking into it for them?
It’s absolutely infuriating…
No dear heart - people got the wrong end of the stick and were jumping in - that’s what was infuriating. Now duck off x

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Do you mean, why didn't Patreon stop the money going to Jack, or why didn't the squigs stop paying as soon as they figured out it was a scam? From the discussion on Twitter it sounds like Patreon doesn't care if a provider isn't providing what they promised, as long as the payments are still coming in and Patreon is still getting its cut. For some of the squigs it sounds like their credit card company has time limits on when they can dispute a payment, and that time limit has passed. I guess they can cut off payment now, but they don't have any recourse to get the money they already paid and got nothing in return.
ALSO since physical rewards Patreon has no way of knowing if sent out

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Do you mean, why didn't Patreon stop the money going to Jack, or why didn't the squigs stop paying as soon as they figured out it was a scam? From the discussion on Twitter it sounds like Patreon doesn't care if a provider isn't providing what they promised, as long as the payments are still coming in and Patreon is still getting its cut. For some of the squigs it sounds like their credit card company has time limits on when they can dispute a payment, and that time limit has passed. I guess they can cut off payment now, but they don't have any recourse to get the money they already paid and got nothing in return.
I thought that you can stop a payment to whoever it is at any time. I understand that recourse is different. Here's me talking and I pay my bills at the post office so I don't really know. Patreon don't care of course, it's a business. Basically it was up to people to stop paying her for not fulfilling her obligations.

Reactions: 16
I was flicking through Delia's Frugal Food the other day, and found the introduction v. pertinent both to Jack's nonsense and our current situation.
20220921_212508.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 63
In hindsight I think there probably was a black eye, however it got massively exaggerated and elevenerifed like everything else.

Reactions: 21
Imagine if somebody -anybody - had spent last couple of years showing that you CANNOT now feed a person adequately long-term on £10 or £12 a week (that did a good veggie diet for us in 1990's) backed up with proper nutritional analysis. Might have done so much good.
Exactly this. We spend 30 pounds a week for the two of us on average, but it's without cat food (we have 4), cat litter, toilet roll (comes in bulk from Amazon), and protein (I do bulk orders from Muscle Food and Donald Russell every few months). I also have a very well stocked pantry which gets replenished when needed. The prices of food have gone through the roof, that she's suggesting you can spend £20 a week for two adults and a child is a barefaced, malicious lie, fostering the illusion that the poor are starving because they can't budget. Sorry for the rant, but her fantasy shopping makes me livid.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
That's a very shiny shiner. 👀
I didnt know bruising went pearlised. How old do you think bruising is before it hits the pearly stage...let me think...there is fresh, then red, purpple black, green...am glad A+E were able to help her. Do you think they used Micellarwater with the arnica?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Removing the Teemill store, draws a line under it and gets rid of questions about why it's still there and how much it's making. That doesn't answer those questions from February until today. As we know Jack is very, very stupid and not half as cunning as she thinks she is, she probably thinks the matter is closed. It isn't, she still needs to account for the post TT funds and explain the highly misleading information on the emergency food merch.
Yes, and there are also questions waiting about patreon (people being misled into thinking she’s poor so signing up under false impression) and PayPal income for all sorts (media training, court cases). This one isn’t blowing over Jack.

Reactions: 20
I thought that you can stop a payment to whoever it is at any time. I understand that recourse is different. Here's me talking and I pay my bills at the post office so I don't really know. Patreon don't care of course, it's a business.
I think most credit card companies have a time limit - maybe three months? - during which you can ask them to cancel a charge if the seller hasn't provided the goods or the services, or if they did and they're deficient. Or if there's a charge on your bill that you didn't make. The very few times I've had to cancel a charge, the credit card companies have been pretty good about doing the cancellation, although they expect you to try to work it out with the seller first. But if you don't bring it to their attention before the end of the time limit, you're considered to have accepted the charge, and you can't dispute it with the credit card company. Although you could still dispute it with the seller and get the charge reversed, the seller just posts the credit to your credit card account.

Cancelling an automatic payment on PayPal or on a credit card is straightforward - you go to the website where you entered the payment information and un-tick the automatic payment box.

Reactions: 12
I thought that you can stop a payment to whoever it is at any time. I understand that recourse is different. Here's me talking and I pay my bills at the post office so I don't really know. Patreon don't care of course, it's a business. Basically it was up to people to stop paying her for not fulfilling her obligations.
I've seen a few people posting saying that if they cancel their subs, then they lose their ability to message JM directly (because they can't on Twitter) - I know that was a reason for some. Wouldn't work for me, I'd find a way somehow, even if it meant having to email her agent or something, but that's just me.🤷‍♀️
Having said that, all they have to do is @ her in a comment on Twitter or Instagram and she'd be all over it, because we all know she actively seeks out her own name. Sad bastard.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.