Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am going to do a formal ASA complaint which includes the Asda promotion and the Teemill stuff. Am not using that ActionFraud police thing. Its too much,

Reactions: 27
That was insane, wasn't it? Something about emailing your MP every Thursday or some such nonsense, from the woman who took herself to A&E with a make-up black eye to prove to Tattlers that IT REALLY HAPPENED!
Woah. Just when you think you've heard it all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I think a salute to the much maligned Fray Bentos pie is due. Sorry if you thought I wa sslagging off volunteers I really wasnt. Its the model not the volunteers.
No, no, I knew you weren’t slagging off the actual volunteers. The model does indeed have its faults but each TT foodbank works slightly differently and I can say that our foodbank has lifted/changed the three visit limit since Covid, plus we’ve set up a couple of schemes to help the local community in a non-foodbank, non-referral-based way. (Don’t want to say where because 🔺.) But yes, I knew you and others who mentioned the TT and their ways weren’t having a go at volunteers. 😀

I totally blame Jack for all the tins of prunes we get given, though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Can I just add something that annoys me, about this poverty cos play. The frequent yellow sticker hauls and photos as though she needs the reduced priced items, but she is in fact taking the cheaper products from real poor people who need them!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
She promised a recipe for her one-pan caramelised banana and choc sauce pancake recipe. All I know is that the sauce is made from chocolate, oil and milk, and it’s shown on top of the banana pancake. One pan. Really makes you disbelieve think
Suitable for diabetics too apparently 😬

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1595188
🥳 will we finally get to find out how Jack uses Pythagoras’ Theorem every day?

Lol. 'So I sat and I did all the maths and the nice lady at Asda told me which products were to be seen as scarce and then I told everyone I was forensic with laser focus but those mean people who added up my patreon with their dodgy statistical methods...they are trying to drive people to suicide you know and Asda are so helpful...no the ONS didnt agree with the figures I came up with but they are a big mean corporation and only interested in Marks and Spencers meal deals and I cant afford that in this snow...'

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Have a look about for a smaller church group or community centre. There’s two churches near me that run food bank and soup kitchen services and they get my donations-I also bask in my effort free giving as a woman on my street collects it from me coz she was the drop-off point during covid! 😎
Some years ago I tried to volunteer for TT. I can't remember exactly what happened now, but I recall that they made it nigh on impossible due to red tape. In the end, I gave up.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The three visit rule is misinterpreted and applied differently but it’s designed to catch a) there’s a lot of fraud if it’s free it’s very attractive to spend money you do have elsewhere but mainly b) if you are visiting regularly there is an underlying issue that means you do not have enough money to feed yourself and that has to be addressed.

We will go beyond three but only with traceable investigation and bringing in other agencies. It’s usually a benefits mess up that needs sorting, prioritising non-priority debts unnecessarily that can be dealt with better otherwise, substance abuse or MH issues, some people simple have limited capabilities and need help, abusive relationships - a partner or often a child with issues taking their money. Keeping handing out parcels without questions is very irresponsible.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
From the last couple of threads (I've been BUSY in my deliciously ordinary PAYE job)...

Marm, I have a function to calculate the hours since last tweet. Record was 140 in the dayhab phase. I think when we counted chairs. Problem is whether we go with original content or include replies? Do retweets count? Can't really work with likes as I don't know a way to get the time - if anyone does let me know.
Last original tweet that currently remains is 70 hours old, last remaining reply 58 hours old.

FruitJack, I got the dirtiest look (on a bus) when I saw your Sunday comment. I was shaking like the proverbial shitting dog, getting some very odd looks.

I am pleased to see Jack off social media, and I do live in hope that things will change. The Teemill shop is progress. I also know we've had false hope before. A person will not change until they are ready to accept there is a need to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
They should set her a maths problem.
An influencer has an income of x, rent in the local area is x and said influencer spend £20 at Asda on food, the influencer still has to recycle soap and lightbulbs. How much money is mysteriously is being mysteriously being sucked out of this person's household...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I had a book in ooh the late 80s / early 90s called Feed Your Family for £5 a day. That was a stretch, even back then. It assumed you were getting milk tokens, for instance.
But I bought it in a bargain shop, it did prove to be very useful at times, and nobody was trying to gain international stardom it

• Heart
Reactions: 28
You can tell she put exactly no thought into how much she was promising.

I used to support a youtuber on Patreon, but the way his was set up there was only one tier - $5 - and you were only charged if he actually put out bonus content that month. There were months where he was very honest that testing and writing up a new recipe just wasn't going to happen on top of everything else, and that was fine, because he didn't take any money. Patreon really should encourage that as a model, imo, instead of just doing automatic withdrawals every month no matter what you actually get.
I support a couple of youtubers at about £8/9 a month because I think their work is important but I'm pretty broke- but you still get nice little previews of upcoming vids and some chatty newsletters and stuff which feels like they're really trying; and actually appreciate their supporters.
I usually support the people I feel really need the support to get started, but if they get huge I probably wouldn't bother any more.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.