Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a look about for a smaller church group or community centre. There’s two churches near me that run food bank and soup kitchen services and they get my donations-I also bask in my effort free giving as a woman on my street collects it from me coz she was the drop-off point during covid! 😎
Sadly, without 🔺 myself, those that exist are at churches and are part of TT. I was searching all over the internet at the weekend and those are the only ones I can find. It seems ridiculous there aren't more, given the size of the place I live. :(
I'm sure there'll be a local group of some sort who are desperate for money, I'll ask around on good old FB, but thankspaceyou x

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The merch thing was another level of bananas. There was no planning whatsoever, just a manic attempt at a cash grab moment. She didn't even take the time to locate the apostrophe and it was already live, selling tit. Then it raises 10k+ in a day or two??? Then never mentioned again despite being so insanely lucrative?! Nothing about it made sense. Investigation seriously needed!
I don't even know if it was a cash grab it just being addicted to likes and kudos. She loves the idea of launching a catch phrase #thunderclapforcarers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Just want to say solidarity to any fellow TT volunteers here who might be feeling a bit meh at the slagging the TT is getting.

*beans, pasta and Fray Bentos salute* 💚
As a former user and then donator to my local TT I have all respect for the "foot soldiers" ♡ (*) I think the issue is with the big corporate style machine behind it, that appears to spend the larger part of its resources on paid "social" projects/lobbying etc. TT are certainly not alone in that, many charities or CICs are similarly run.
(*)exception made for the halloween rejection biddy I mentioned a few weeks back

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Imagine if somebody -anybody - had spent last couple of years showing that you CANNOT now feed a person adequately long-term on £10 or £12 a week (that did a good veggie diet for us in 1990's) backed up with proper nutritional analysis. Might have done so much good.
I gave this post a heart but it didn't seem enough.

This, exactly this, is the crux of the matter for me.

Yes she's an unpleasant woman on twitter, yes the teemill thing is dodgy af, and 2 years of patron for no output is just ridiculous, but those things only really effect people who have chosen to interact with her.

But the £20 a week shopping with 1 carton of Uht milk in it and that is supposed to do two people's cereal breakfasts and hot drinks for a week bullshit is the absolute core of it.

People CAN NOT manage with £20 a week to spend on food. They just can't .

Jack playing dress up as a poor person is drowning out that truth.
(edited as I'd missed out the word 'only'

• Heart
Reactions: 88
She promised a recipe for her one-pan caramelised banana and choc sauce pancake recipe. All I know is that the sauce is made from chocolate, oil and milk, and it’s shown on top of the banana pancake. One pan. Really makes you disbelieve think
It IS one-pan, because she used a BOWL for the sauce.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't even know if it was a cash grab it just being addicted to likes and kudos. She loves the idea of launching a catch phrase #thunderclapforcarers
That was insane, wasn't it? Something about emailing your MP every Thursday or some such nonsense, from the woman who took herself to A&E with a make-up black eye to prove to Tattlers that IT REALLY HAPPENED!

Reactions: 31
I always laughed at how she cropped that image because there was nothing on the paper 😂

View attachment 1595389
#peekabo
Sorry but who posts a photo of themselves taking a picture of themselves peeping at the camera to make sure it's catching the right expression? She's just a joke!

Just want to say solidarity to any fellow TT volunteers here who might be feeling a bit meh at the slagging the TT is getting.

*beans, pasta and Fray Bentos salute* 💚
This makes me so sad, because it's definitely not the fault of the volunteers, just one person. :(

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
This is why it infuriates me that they are the only organisation Jack ever publicly promotes. No due diligence done whatsoever.
Aren’t they friends with someone at TT? Someone on the board or something like that? Was it all a paid-for advert, that should have been declared? And with most influencer-business collaborations, the influencer is supposed to propose the content and get it signed off by the business before they publish it. TT didn’t get to do that with the teemill stuff, and I wonder if their relationship was over before that.

Reactions: 18
#peekabo
Sorry but who posts a photo of themselves taking a picture of themselves peeping at the camera to make sure it's catching the right expression? She's just a joke!

This makes me so sad, because it's definitely not the fault of the volunteers, just one person. :(

I think a salute to the much maligned Fray Bentos pie is due. Sorry if you thought I wa sslagging off volunteers I really wasnt. Its the model not the volunteers.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Ah, the good ol' days before nip slips and accidental front bottom shots.
But but but ... #THATWASNOTHERFANNY!# Apparently ... 😇

Actually - considering how litigious the smol one has become of late - how would she sue someone for stating it was - would she have to bare her fanny in a court of law?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think a salute to the much maligned Fray Bentos pie is due. Sorry if you thought I wa sslagging off volunteers I really wasnt. Its the model not the volunteers.
Not me dear heart, for I was also slagging them off.😕 Totally agree though - the volunteers should be given the kudos that seems to only be bestowed upon smol pixies who are so far up their own arses it's no wonder they talk a load of shite :poop:.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wonder if one of her luvvie mates has engaged the services of a reputation management/PR company? Wouldn't surprise me. I feel like these [alleged, m'lud] allegations have gained traction over recent weeks.

Reactions: 18
Sadly, without 🔺 myself, those that exist are at churches and are part of TT. I was searching all over the internet at the weekend and those are the only ones I can find. It seems ridiculous there aren't more, given the size of the place I live. :(
I'm sure there'll be a local group of some sort who are desperate for money, I'll ask around on good old FB, but thankspaceyou x
Most foodbanks will be at churches- (google results always gives you tt as soon as it sees foodbank but scroll past) try being other-church specific eg search methodist or baptist.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wanted to comment on this but forgot:
Screenshot 2022-09-20 214644.png

Note on 08 June she said the number of (nasty) messages she gets is thankfully a small percentage of her overall messages. And she didn't need any extra safeguarding.
Now, a couple of months later, the opposite appears to be the case - it's relentless, her inbox is full of them, etc, and one of the reasons she's moving home is because of stalkers, threats, etc. Makes you think.
Personally I'm more inclined to believe the June statement (just that little part of it mind you!). She just can't help herself, blowing every little thing completely out of proportion.

Jack Monroe, Trump the Second

Reactions: 51
She promised a recipe for her one-pan caramelised banana and choc sauce pancake recipe. All I know is that the sauce is made from chocolate, oil and milk, and it’s shown on top of the banana pancake. One pan. Really makes you disbelieve think
Chocolate powder and coconut oil IIRC [yuck]

It's like that five-ingredient sticky toffee prune pudding, where she said the topping could be tinned caramelized milk *or* condensed milk diluted with a bit of water. Condensed milk diluted with water is just runny condensed milk. It's not going to taste like caramelized milk at all. If you threw in a bit of Demerara sugar the taste would be a closer, but I guess that bit of cookery knowledge was a bit too advanced for JM....

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Most foodbanks will be at churches- (google results always gives you tt as soon as it sees foodbank but scroll past) try being other-church specific eg search methodist or baptist.
Thanks so much, I'll definitely do more research (interestingly, the first was my old church from when I was a kid, the second was a different religion). x

What a helpful bunch of ninnies on here! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.