Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's the thing folks, when Jackeroo claimed that David Walliams was a coke-snortin' ho who wrote racist, fat-shaming stories, his publisher Harper Collins defended him. Jack implied that there was something sinister in Walliams changing his name from Williams--it's apparently his stage name. For his career. Ironic because...Monroe. Her pearl-clutching when she was crying, "But what about the children?!?!" was so incredibly cringe-ily conservatively Tory. I know she screamed racism and all kinds of lefty wordz, but the Karen vibe was so strong. And we know she did this, not out of a depth of consciousness, but because she saw him as an easy target to raise her own public profile.

I don't particularly like him and there is very valid criticism of the books--but it was buried in the histrionic self-promotion. Jack pissed away a chance to actually have a positive effect because her motivation was fucked. She is a Manchurian Candidate progressive who is wholly killing the people and values she claims to hold dear. Anyone for a game of solitaire?

As for the Twitter threats, Jack has a handle on that.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
They do interview under caution for benefit fraud - at least they do for DLA / PIP

It doesn’t mean police present - and it’s usually only when they think there’s a case against the person I believe

• Wow
Reactions: 22
If I read that someone had had "hundreds of thousands" of harassing messages online.... My first thought would be.... Well you must be a bit of a twit then

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Lies upon lies 🙄. Oh and as for "false allegations" about your sobriety Jack, you were the one who lied and pretended you were sober for months on end, only to admit later in your Diva.pdf that you actually hadn't been. So don't be surprised that people don't take you at your word. That and you act like such a tool on the Internet all the time, that people naturally draw that conclusion. Your behaviour is shocking.
And so what if people speculated whether she was or was not sober? That isn't actionable as defamation--not the way she's stated it. You bring it to the meeting and Let go and Let God. You cannot control the Twitterverse.

Reactions: 28
dunno about anyone else, but if i was so scared of being stalked and/or doxxed i was gonna move house, I'd be moving a lot sooner than 6 months from now

I'd be out of there so quickly, i wouldn't even have time to practise living in the new house!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Maybe a tech frau could tell me. But how would Jack know if someone had tried to Jack into her tmill account?
Not familiar with how Teemill works, but Wordpress, PayPal, etc all send me emails when I sign in from a device that I don't normally use. So assuming that the evil hackers were using their own computer or phone, perhaps Teemill lets the account holder know if there's an attempted login from somewhere than the usual eye pea.

Or maybe (perish the thought) JM is just making sh*t up again.

Reactions: 31
She's going to have 4 and a half hours sleep. Someone is going to wake up a very grumpy little pumble

• Haha
Reactions: 34
As always with Jack’s “grain of truth” approach I suspect she was interviewed under caution for furlough fraud by the DWP, or by HMRC about her tax evasion. Or both. But that’s our fault, and nothing to do with her being avaricious and incompetent.

Also, I’m sorry to sound callous but people who repeatedly talk about their suicide attempts (especially while trying to influence how people interact with them) are never actually the ones who go through with the act. The fact that she’s repeatedly willing to try and shut down criticism with threats of self harm minimises the horror people who’ve lost loved ones by suicide go through.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
I’m still relatively new to the chaos but I’m getting the overwhelming feeling that Jack is not of the abolish prisons school of left wing thought. Rarely these days do you see someone online quite so litigious and arrest hungry.

Anyway, if I was receiving this amount of unwanted interactions I’d simply close my DMs and change my notification settings so I only saw replies from people I know. Perhaps that’s too simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I guess Asda baked bean squig never received a response to their question to Jack earlier either. Poor squig. 😢

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.