Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They don’t even print it, it really actually is DIVA.pdf 😳😭
I wonder if jack knew that when they contacted them...

Skipping about the crappy bungalow all a Twitter about a magazine photo shoot... wanting to see it in the local Smith's.. probably someone working there she wanted to watch at work like a weird person.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It’s over. The Diva magazine post shows it. It’s literally only the fact that Jack doesn’t allow replies that’s creating an illusion of respectability. You’d expect a mix of support and criticism, but this shows that away from those directly invested in supporting Jack, the game is up.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
I wonder if jack knew that when they contacted them...

Skipping about the crappy bungalow all a Twitter about a magazine photo shoot... wanting to see it in the local Smith's.. probably someone working there she wanted to watch at work like a weird person.
She’s been in the .pdf! Believe it or not that photo is meant to be her, the fraus read it via a free trial in an app if you’re keen. I’m pretty sure we had diva.pdf as a thread title if you wanna search for its debut - she’d massively hyped it claiming she had her boobs out.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Imo, I think they're just exhausted after 20+ years of this tit. J did a snarky pity-party post after her mum said something helpful(about a pudding?) clearly indirectly aimed at them all . It would take a huge amount of energy and time to even partly help her or control her worst impulses - and they can't spare it and risk their own and siblings' wellbeing, especially as it'll probably be for nothing.
I’ve felt truly terrible and so sorry for her mother from her mum’s posts in reply to her on two occasions (I only know of these two, there are surely more). One was when Jack was on a giant woe is me about her birthmarks and her awful parents, and her mother explained that Jack’s version was simply untrue.
C81B3C5E-2AAB-47C6-A10F-2BE7F2FE7F70.jpeg

FDD2871C-9669-460E-A825-46DC58C35F48.jpeg
The other time was when Jack was being all effusive and gushing about “Mom” on Twitter and her own mother responded because she (as you would) thought Jack was talking about her. Jack was talking about Nigella.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 114
I think it's really interesting that TT have suddenly decided to chime in, and it's in a Molly thread. They have been tagged over and over for weeks but I don't ever remember them actually responding to anyone. They must be aware of what's going on, and it looks like they are trying to distance themselves by stating the exact date when they stopped receiving any donations from Jack.
I wonder if Jack/her agent reached out to them at the same time as Diva to provide support.

The best thing for her to do would be to lose her phone charger for a week.

Reactions: 32
Not squigging Kelly as she has 26k followers. She was the one having her work tagged and Facebook posted yesterday.

Screenshot 2022-09-20 153704.png

Screenshot 2022-09-20 153808.png

Screenshot 2022-09-20 153906.png

FdGs_7hWQAAkkPS.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 97
I’ve felt truly terrible and so sorry for her mother from her mum’s posts in reply to her on two occasions (I only know of these two, there are surely more). One was when Jack was on a giant woe is me about her birthmarks and her awful parents, and her mother explained that Jack’s version was simply untrue.
The other time was when Jack was being all effusive and gushing about “Mom” on Twitter and her own mother responded because she (as you would) thought Jack was talking about her. Jack was talking about Nigella.

Wow! That is quite something.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
😲 omg! Poor Evelyn being painted that way to her audience of thousands. What a nasty little toerag she is

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 79
Hi all. New frau, but long time watcher.

I knew someone similar with strong up and downs and lies, lies, lies, borrowed money, etc. as it turned out. The biggest issue happened when tied turned and us friends started asking for money back, not accepting excuses. Everyone is ok, people did not get their money back, however, it was an alarming drama which just made everyone stay away and cut their losses. Then that was it. New group, from what I heard similar happened.

I have a strong suspicion it's all gearing up to some tweets of "event" which will force shut everyone asking questions down for a while. And no, I don't mean Jack being harmed for real!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Kelly is emerging as a unique kind of heroine here - 30something lifestyle blogger who won't be pushed around by Jack.

What's really interesting to me is that a month ago, Kelly would have been celebrated on Tattle as a brave pioneering outlier. At last, someone stands up to Jack!

Now, Kelly is part of a group including Trifle, Molly and that academic poverty scholar, who just won't let it drop. It's changed a lot since... when, July?

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Check the typo for the Count 😳

I think the Teemill was Jack over egging the pudding. She bragged about the money raised, and eventually was held to that amount. It would be interesting to know how many bits of merch were actually sold though.
I absolutely believe she got the maths wrong - £10,000 turnover in a couple of days would be 416 t-shirts at £24. But the actual profit released on that would only be £3120. So she'd have to sell 1333 tasteless t shirts to get to £10k profit to donate. If any maths teaching fraus would like to use this as a homework problem, be my guest

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
This makes me feel so sad for her mother and father. Jack would do well to remember that one day her parents won't be around to make amends to and she will have to live with the consequences of her words, as will her wider family. Don't take them for granted Jack, even if they can find a way to tolerate contact with you now, it's at the price of being constantly disappointed and hurt by what you say and do.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Oh, that’s really sad. Imagine your kid(s) doing this. Like a punch to the stomach.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
It’s over. The Diva magazine post shows it. It’s literally only the fact that Jack doesn’t allow replies that’s creating an illusion of respectability. You’d expect a mix of support and criticism, but this shows that away from those directly invested in supporting Jack, the game is up.
Jack, this afternoon
1663685705672.png

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Kelly is emerging as a unique kind of heroine here - 30something lifestyle blogger who won't be pushed around by Jack.

What's really interesting to me is that a month ago, Kelly would have been celebrated on Tattle as a brave pioneering outlier. At last, someone stands up to Jack!

Now, Kelly is part of a group including Trifle, Molly and that academic poverty scholar, who just won't let it drop. It's changed a lot since... when, July?
I think HH2 was a big turning point. It contained nonsense that didn't require an honorary degree in Jack Monroe Lore to see through. Followed quickly by Molly was like a one-two punch. People were emboldened to take the piss out of rinsed hoops and Jack lost control of the narrative.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
Oh, that’s really sad. Imagine your kid(s) doing this. Like a punch to the stomach.
It’s also that she blames them for the fact she can’t swim IN HER 30s because it’s their fault she never learned at school. You’ve had half your life since you left school to learn, Jack. It’s truly pathetic how much she views herself as a perpetual victim.

ETA @Cucumberthunder post above. Agreed totally. And Jack exacerbated matters for herself by posing a hand full of engagement rings she was “pawning” a week after HH2. These engagement rings that she could have sold before pleading the woeful situation (with tip jar) in HH2. That engagement rings tit tipped a lot of people over.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.