Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Babes, same.
I think its a case of 'well, we tried, what can we do' mentality with Jacksie's parents and simultaneously washing their hands of her but enabling her too by their silence.
But...
Do something to 'lower my standing and reputation in the community' and I'll absolutely bollock you 100%. Re: big gun. And no you ain't coming around for Sunday dinner...(this is Big Dave BTW, not me).
And I'm very interested in the community cafe. These places usually have accommodation over the shop like flats...
You can see where I'm going can't you.
Also Jacksie's floorplan. Big stove burner? Nah love, it'll fall through the floor.
Eta: #IStandWith...chippy teas and posh hats for our 400th. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Happy 400!

Someone, upthread, mentioned going back in time to talk about Big Dave and I'd like to put my two pen'orth in on this. My dad (also called Dave 😬🔺) was in the military, also a para like BD but also a Marxist. My dad signed up at 16 when he new nowt about owt. His politics were formed, over the years, through having a Labour voting, trade unionist father and his own experiences. I can imagine BD signing up young and becoming institutionalised by the army, becoming fully submerged in royalist Queen and Country rhetoric and his politics developing after his time in the forces. What I find really strange is once you've decided you're a Marxist that you would still also be a royalist. I don't think my dad was ever a royalist but for my whole life he was a Marxist and I didn't even know there was a Queen's speech at Christmas until I was about 14/5. Any monarchism that was forced on my dad whilst he was in the army completely disappeared after becoming a Marxist.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I keep thinking about that DM she posted for no apparent reason a few months back when she was supposedly undergoing her spiritual awakening - all the stuff about "I've decided I'm not worrying about [redacted], I've done nothing wrong, I'm doing nothing wrong and if people want to make drama etc etc"

At the time it sounded to me like she was trying to justify something (more so to herself than whoever she was talking to) that she knew, deep down, was actually wrong.

Given all the strangeness around the Teemill stuff, it really makes you think.

Reactions: 38
The replies are going off on that tweet I love it. Literally one trying to defend Jack with the TT money screenshot the rest like, what trolling? She needs to answer some QUESTIONS. Ah, it's finally happening 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Link to the GoFundMe for the book in case anyone wants to read the original ask and the update in full (thanks to @Yel )
It ultimately raised £44,643 which at the £3.50 per book cost she states in the update is
View attachment 1592380
books. So she basically managed to flog 12,755 copies of her own book so she could “donate it”.

And appears to have kept all the £10.99s for the same book donated directly into her personal PayPal, or at least, there’s zero proof whatsoever that she did anything other than keep it.
I still find this so scandalous. What she did there was the complete opposite of charity. Jack's the sort of person to bring something to a bake sale, calculate her profit margins, and then only donate the profits to charity, rather than the full amount raised. An absolute fool of the highest order, or, as some of our Celtic Fraus may say, she's a tube.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Does anyone know which tweet they hid? Lots of good replies up, am wondering why that one and also if perhaps they’ve given up.
Embarrassment of a publication-just sticking up for a mate. This is how other scammers got away with it for so long. Nepotism and platforming liars.

I still find this so scandalous. What she did there was the complete opposite of charity. Jack's the sort of person to bring something to a bake sale, calculate her profit margins, and then only donate the profits to charity, rather than the full amount raised. An absolute fool of the highest order, or, as some of our Celtic Fraus may say, she's a tube.
Yes, it’s disgusting. And even if she only made ‘7p per book’ which given her relationship with the truth is likely bollocks, that’s £900 odd extra in her pocket and a polish to the halo the idiots believe exists.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm catching up because I've been BUSY but something I was told recently is if you're selling a product/service via social media, the average conversion rate is roughly only 1-3% of your audience yet Jack claims to have got proceeds/profits (totally interchangeable in Jackland so no idea which) of £11k in a matter of hours? 🤔

ETA I suppose for charity it's probably different actually. Sorry am EXHAUSTED because I've been so BUSY today.

Reactions: 26
I think its a case of 'well, we tried, what can we do' mentality with Jacksie's parents and simultaneously washing their hands of her but enabling her too by their silence.
But...
Do something to 'lower my standing and reputation in the community' and I'll absolutely bollock you 100%. Re: big gun. And no you ain't coming around for Sunday dinner...(this is Big Dave BTW, not me).
And I'm very interested in the community cafe. These places usually have accommodation over the shop like flats...
You can see where I'm going can't you.
Also Jacksie's floorplan. Big stove burner? Nah love, it'll fall through the floor.
Eta: #IStandWith...chippy teas and posh hats for our 400th. 😁
Imo, I think they're just exhausted after 20+ years of this tit. J did a snarky pity-party post after her mum said something helpful(about a pudding?) clearly indirectly aimed at them all . It would take a huge amount of energy and time to even partly help her or control her worst impulses - and they can't spare it and risk their own and siblings' wellbeing, especially as it'll probably be for nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Yes, it’s disgusting. And even if she only made ‘7p per book’ which given her relationship with the truth is likely bollocks, that’s £900 odd extra in her pocket and a polish to the halo the idiots believe exists.
Exactly! Also it does really get on my wick how she's centred as a saintly figure because she's the one to hand over the money to a charity. My Dad used to organise a lot of charity events in his workplace before he retired (🔺) and he never once focused any of the attention on himself. It was about how much they had raised as a community of people. Big, big difference there. (Not trying to paint my Dad as a DH figure btw (lol), just as a man who is able to carry out his responsibilities properly!)

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Jack talked about the delays being because of legal paperwork.

That sounds like bollocks to me. She gets money from Teemill, donates it to the charity via their website/bank transfer/cheque (whatever their preferred method is). She'll get a nice thank you note/email which she can share with people who bought t-shirts.

No legal paperwork required.
She pulled a figure out of thin air, re the sales of the dodgy merch, she was then backed into a corner to donate funds to TT. I am no marketing guru, but I find it very hard to believe she made that much profit in such a short space of time.

I reckon it was her own money, not teemill profits she handed over. Thus she is trying to claw back as much as she can by not passing to other charities

Reactions: 28
I think it's really interesting that TT have suddenly decided to chime in, and it's in a Molly thread. They have been tagged over and over for weeks but I don't ever remember them actually responding to anyone. They must be aware of what's going on, and it looks like they are trying to distance themselves by stating the exact date when they stopped receiving any donations from Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Exactly! Also it does really get on my wick how she's centred as a saintly figure because she's the one to hand over the money to a charity. My Dad used to organise a lot of charity events in his workplace before he retired (🔺) and he never once focused any of the attention on himself. It was about how much they had raised as a community of people. Big, big difference there. (Not trying to paint my Dad as a DH figure btw (lol), just as a man who is able to carry out his responsibilities properly!)
Has anyone pointed out before (no doubt they have) the parallel with Arthur Fowler and the Christmas Club money

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.