Jack Monroe #40 Implies David Walliams takes coke, jumps bandwagons to stay woke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She won’t get away with it if he chooses to call in his lawyers. She openly defamed him on a public platform. The daily mail is just a rag. I wouldn’t line my cats litter trays with it.

If she has the audacity to even attempt to critique one of his books after this pile on she’s got a bigger brass neck than I gave her credit for.

Reactions: 23
I am disappointed that the Mail has allowed her the platform of being a hero. I think they jumped at the chance to bash David Walliams to get the clicks on their page.
I have a feeling Jack will get away with this as Walliams is not very popular. And that will reinforce to Jack that she could keep causing hateful pile-ons again and again. I wonder who Jack will choose next. No wonder she struggles to sleep, living with the knowledge that you are a hateful person must be tough.

Edit: However I bet all celeb cooks and writers are taking note 👀 Some might cheer her on at the ring side but surely many will be wary of being associated with her in terms of professional capacity in the future.
To be fair to the DM this seems to be a journalistic tactic for them. Some stories are reported in a neutral or even positive way, knowing that their readers will disagree as you can see in the comments. Their readership generally holds certain views and most of the reporting supports those opinions, but they throw in a wildcard every now and then to keep them sharp. Probably also to do with avoiding legal trouble as some fraus have suggested, but the effect is positive anyway. The DM doesn’t have to say XYZ about Jack - their readers are already ahead of them

I briefly glanced at the journalist’s Twitter, seems he primarily covers sports and may be a little left leaning (or at least critical of the government). Doubtful that he wrote that article expecting woke responses hailing Jack as a hero, though!

Reactions: 15
For fucks sake Jack, did you learn nothing from your court case.

Point one, defamation is a civil action, or tort. ( That means 'wrong) Not a criminal action. That means the judgement is ' on the balance of possibilities 'not beyond all reasonable doubt'. To use the old expression would the man on the Clapham Omnibus think you were referring to DW?

Point two. You do not have to name someone in a defamation case, it but has to be clear who or what you meant. This is case law, not something I have made up in my head.

If DW goes after you, and you can't bring receipts, you are fucked.
Exactly. Sally Bercow tweeted asking why somebody’s name was trending with a tongue in cheek emoji and was successfully sued for libel, it cost her £50K.

I hope DW and his team sue her bleeping arse. Though she’ll plead poverty and say she’s got nothing to sue for. She rents don’t you know.

Reactions: 39
They’ve spelt her name wrong and so much of what they’ve said is out of context and makes her look good. Urgh. Fuming.
Ugh! Genuinely disappointed and actually close to upset that she can be so vile and get away with it. I bet she’s so bleeping pleased with herself.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Exactly. Sally Bercow tweeted asking why somebody’s name was trending with a tongue in cheek emoji and was successfully sued for libel, it cost her £50K.

I hope DW and his team sue her bleeping arse. Though she’ll plead poverty and say she’s got nothing to sue for. She rents don’t you know.
It would be sweet karmic justice if she got sued for libel and lost. No chance of owning a house when she's got hundreds of thousands of pounds of legal costs to stump up...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
We are really teetering on edge of censorship here. ( Think china) I think it's actually unfair that kids today are not being trusted enough to read a book( age appropriate) and be allowed to make an informed choice on the themes within the book. How can we educate people of there only seeing one side of the story( the approved side). In my own humble opinion they need to be given both sides and be guided to make the sensible decision. The world is an awful place, full of awful people and they are not going to go away because we keep shoving books about fairies and all things nice under our kids noses. They need educating on the good and the bad and adequate guidance. I worry for my kids. There going to struggle in this new world.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If you @ someone on insta, should it show on their page under tagged? Can't see anything on Arena Flowers page.
No, the tagged means tagged in a photo, so if she’s just @ them in the caption but not tagged them in the photo it won’t show up

Instagram is a bit confusing

ETA: realised it was a story post not a grid post, so it won’t appear anywhere else

Reactions: 7
Can you submit or request @LimeGoss articles? It would be great if someone could put something together about this, and just provide a more up-to-date roundup of the JM shitshow since JO.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If you @ someone on insta, should it show on their page under tagged? Can't see anything on Arena Flowers page.
I don't know how tagging works on Insta, but those flowers are wilting and they're crispy and browning on the edges so they'd probably delete it anyway. They look tit compared to the fresh bouquets on their grid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
My mother also never policed what I read. I was reading Jackie Collins as a young teenager (as were many other teenage girls) and so on. I now have a life long love for reading because it was encouraged and I can also think critically. I'm not damaged by any stereotypes I read in a book or by any whimsical childhood books that didn't include right on characters.

We are really teetering on edge of censorship here. ( Think china) I think it's actually unfair that kids today are not being trusted enough to read a book( age appropriate) and be allowed to make an informed choice on the themes within the book. How can we educate people of there only seeing one side of the story( the approved side). In my own humble opinion they need to be given both sides and be guided to make the sensible decision. The world is an awful place, full of awful people and they are not going to go away because we keep shoving books about fairies and all things nice under our kids noses. They need educating on the good and the bad and adequate guidance. I worry for my kids. There going to struggle in this new world.
Exactly, the world is not a utopia and it's far more damaging to pretend otherwise

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.