Jack Monroe #40 Implies David Walliams takes coke, jumps bandwagons to stay woke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20200706-165325_Daily Mail Online.jpg
Barry says it perfectly! Jack always looks for the negative as she is a negative person. Others have said it more eloquently than I could but even if she doesn't like what DW writes, the fact that her son is enthusiastic about reading is incredibly positive given his age, and she could use his enthusiasm to guide him "if you like this, maybe this author would be interesting" - having first read or at least researched the author?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There's a second tweet by Jane too.
Just saw this and am admitting my ignorance. Is "bootstrap" considered racist?

View attachment 173872
The whole pulling yourself up by the bootstraps is very problematic. In the UK, it's often about class. In the US, it has racial connotations. This explains it quite well.

Bootstrapping is a term from the phrase ‘to pull oneself over a fence by one’s bootstraps’ that emerged in the early nineteenth century United States. It is derived from what is called the “Horatio Alger Myth.” Alger wrote rags to riches stories in the late nineteenth century that celebrated capitalist markets and insisted that if a poor person worked hard and was lucky enough to solicit the aid of an older wealthy person, they could improve their social position, thus gaining wealth and honour.

There are two major problems with the notion of ‘bootstrapping’. The first is that it’s obviously a fundamentally flawed concept. This is backed up by empirical evidence showing that those born into both the top and bottom tiers of the income index tend to stay where they are from one generation to the next. Furthermore, African Americans are disproportionately likely to be stuck at the bottom and fall from middle incomes across generations. The second problem with the bootstrapping myth is that it ignores the fact that blacks were not even legally entitled to receive a wage for their work at all, let alone equal wages with whites, until anti-discrimination laws were gradually put in place (which only then made it possible to begin fighting systematic racism).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Um fraus...I think Nigella and DW are friends.....
A kid who was at nursery with one of mine had an aunt that worked for Nigella. (tenuous link I know) The aunt was some sort of freelance PA and worked for a couple of famous people. Nigella made the aunt's wedding cake as a wedding gift.
The aunt gave the kid a signed DW book at a birthday party (aged about 3) and said that Nigella had asked DW to sign it as a favour.

Strange the things that come flooding back into memory all these years later

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I am disappointed that the Mail has allowed her the platform of being a hero. I think they jumped at the chance to bash David Walliams to get the clicks on their page.
I have a feeling Jack will get away with this as Walliams is not very popular. And that will reinforce to Jack that she could keep causing hateful pile-ons again and again. I wonder who Jack will choose next. No wonder she struggles to sleep, living with the knowledge that you are a hateful person must be tough.

Edit: However I bet all celeb cooks and writers are taking note 👀 Some might cheer her on at the ring side but surely many will be wary of being associated with her in terms of professional capacity in the future.

Reactions: 29
This sums her up quite nicely. I refuse to believe her behaviour is down to poor mental health or a difficult childhood, she’s pure nasty.
9F5CC70B-AE64-488C-AF63-84CD6F21F4A4.jpeg

Reactions: 19
I hate to be “that person” but are there screenshots of the now deleted drug and sexual orientation tweets? Would anybody mind sharing?

Reactions: 6
Popped out to some run some errands and run back to see its in the Independent now.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
View attachment 173899Barry says it perfectly! Jack always looks for the negative as she is a negative person. Others have said it more eloquently than I could but even if she doesn't like what DW writes, the fact that her son is enthusiastic about reading is incredibly positive given his age, and she could use his enthusiasm to guide him "if you like this, maybe this author would be interesting" - having first read or at least researched the author?
duck, I hate these DM comments. They are all just so misogynistic. Brings me no joy.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
duck, I hate these DM comments. They are all just so misogynistic. Brings me no joy.
Me too. She must be loving them, and funnily enough, not upset by them. The only things that upset her are the true ones.

Thanks very Matt much.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.