Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mid way through my grunk but came here to suggest

'Toot toot! It's da sound of da police' for thread title

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Just had a late night thought hows her job hunting going?

With the current climate and her wish to be a home owner with morgage in a year or two she isn't being very economical. I mean i have actually had the conversation with my husband of taking up a few evening shifts in tescos or something to up our income. Despite already having a job 5 days a week.
He told me we would be ok but i feel i need to do something.
I offered her the opportunity to apply for a vacancy in my company...via Twitter DM, when "Hunger Hurts 2" first landed and before i knew about "The Grift" and all the chaoses. It was. a £40-50k a year copyright/ PR / marketing position. She never replied. It was that that got my digging into what she was all about. If she was applying for dozens of minimum wage jobs and boiling soap, then surely she'll jump at the chance of a decent paid work from home job in her own field?

Makes you think.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 126
Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Jack’s recipe for Bread, Bean and Fennel Stew. I don’t know who or the context because it is Sunday morning and long term readers will know what happened since I read it. Anyway I was intrigued because I love fennel and it isn’t an ingredient I’ve seen Jack use much. I read the intro and thought it was odd even by Jack’s standards that you could replace a vegetable with a teaspoon of sugar and any old dried herb. I was even more surprised that she only wanted 1/2 a teaspoon. It was fennel seed. She never mentions this. Furthermore, 1 tin of beans, 1 tin of tomatoes and 2 thin slices of cheap bread served 4. A group of friends ‘devoured with gusto’ a bowl of 1/4 of a tin of tomatoes, 1/4 of a tin of baked beans, half a slice of white bread, a tiny amount of vegetable stock, 1/8th of a teaspoon of fennel (seeds; I’m going to measure this later but it’s maybe 2?) and 1/4 of a teaspoon of lemon juice.

I think this might be my aneurysm. I’ve committed to the kidney bean and pineapple thing now but I might change my mind and do this.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Bahahahaha love it if she's self published her memoirs with patreon money. Floptastic
I really hope that she publishes a memoir - it will be impossible for her to row back from the ‘facts’ that she puts down in black and white and it’ll be chockfull of lies/inconsistencies ripe for parsing and critical analysis.

Cannot wait!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Some squig has put this…“amplified by rightwing blue tick commentariat accounts “

I ain’t right wing or blue tick- just Someone who saw through the lies, the whole trans phase which offended me personally & discovered this home in Tattle.

Reactions: 33
Now probably isn’t the most convenient time, but sporadically, this pops into my head.
38E18DDF-DE8C-44D8-93A4-778EE1BE4EAE.jpeg
08ED112D-AEFD-42B0-A608-A865E36189C2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Well that's progress! Was this after they added a sizzling soundtrack to her Lorraine spot? I haven't read her recent recipes because I like food and enjoy cooking 😜 but I'm happy that the canal has made a positive impact in some way.

I want the foley to have come from a THAT MAN clip.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I offered her the opportunity to apply for a vacancy in my company...via Twitter DM, when "Hunger Hurts 2" first landed and before i knew about "The Grift" and all the chaoses. It was. a £40-50k a year copyright/ PR / marketing position. She never replied. It was that that got my digging into what she was all about. If she was applying for dozens of minimum wage jobs and boiling soap, then surely she'll jump at the chance of a decent paid work from home job in her own field?

Makes you think.
I truly hope that job went to a good candidate who got there off their own merit, is reliable, experienced and professional

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She's deployed the tell me I'm great and I changed your life shout again.

Interesting how she RT'd that description of empathy that includes believing ppl when your gut tells you otherwise right before preposterous new claims of how she's being terrored. Interesting innit
That Brene Brown quote has been very popular on Twitter and I've spent longer than I am comfortable with it thinking about. Basically I think empathy is a starting point rather than a goal in itself? So yes, hear someone describing how they feel walking in their wellies, but if you can actually see, with your own eyes, that in fact they are wearing high heels, and you want to help them - in addition to recognising their feelings, you want to help them change their shoes. And at the very least, however empathetic you are, don't let their narrative about their shoes influence you to put on high heels instead of wellies if it's raining and you need to empty the compost bucketn

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm so, so very sorry, Axel, Izzy, Duff, Slash and even Steven, my dear hearts.

Shed a tear 'cause I'm rinsin' you
I'm still alright to smile
And squigs, I tweet about me every day now
Weren't a time when I wasn't a twit
But you send cash for free
There is no doubt you're in my heart now

Said "Eamonn, bake it slow, and it'll thicken up just fine"
All I need is just a little patreon
Said "Squiggles boil it slow and it'll fall apart just fine"
All I need is just a few more patreons
Little casheos
I fall down all the stairs 'cause it's a weird old bungalow
If I can't have cash right now, I'll wail dear
Sometimes I get so tense but I can't speed all the time
And you know love there's one more thing to consider

Said "Squiggles, paypal now and things will be just fine"
You and I'll just use a little pumble
Said "Squiggles, pay top tier 'cause my lights aren't shining bright"
You think I've got what it takes to make it
I'll always fake it
Hmm, I always break it
If I can't monetise it

[Instead of a great guitar solo and then acoustic guitar, we now have the sounds of a piano being battered with one hand - why, oh, why doesn't the ouchy shoulders stop this travesty?]

Just a little patreons, yeah-yeah
Just a little pumble, yeah-yeah
I've been tuning my face all night
Just trying to get it right
It's hard to see me with so many around
You know I just love the applause of a crowd
And the slop don't change but maybe the names
I ain't got time for no shame 'cause I need cash
Yeah, yeah, yeah I need cash (I need cash)
Oh, I need cash
I need you, I need you, I need you

To payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy me.

Hnnnnnngghhhh.
Bravo! The more I think about it the more GnR is fertile ground for Jack modifications, although The Spaghetti Incident just works :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
"as toxic and psychopathic as a thrill killer lying in wait for a random victim"

Screenshot 2022-09-18 at 10.30.26.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62

Makes you think.
You dodged a bullet there. She’d be a terrible copywriter. Completely rigid in her terrible writing style, overly written prose, and completely unable to take any feedback or criticism on board. PR would be a disaster too. Unless your business is happy to have fanny pics on their professional account. Or get hounded because she’s used some dated slur.

Also, she’s bone idle.

I hope you found someone decent. I’d apply for that. £50k and work from home. Nice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
If I recall correctly, Traumy S, you are a vegetarian so here are some
(if you’re vegan, you’re SOL with the entire book as far as I can tell, sorry. Oops, “Soz.”) View attachment 1586386

The Salads section includes the interestingly named Asian Coleslaw (with bottled ‘Italian’ dressing and ‘Italian soup mix’)
View attachment 1586387

For all the meat eaters, here are four tasty
View attachment 1586388

Just conjecture, but I strongly suspect Big Canned Soup and Georgia Churches to be in cahoots.
How long do you give it before Jack ‘cooks’ and posts one of the Georgia Bangers I’ve posted today? :unsure: ETA requesting a chicken dish with a heckin good pink salad please.
OMG, this is incredible! By total accident (due to not reading and possibly not even possessing the damned thing) Jack has recommended a ‘banging’ book with recipes that are COMPLETELY ‘all up in her ‘niche’! And are from cans! And are equally disgusting!

Pardon myexcitement and overuse of exclamation marks, the whole Eastern European cookbook/Georgia Church Suppers debacle is Pure. Comedy. Gold. What a moron she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It would be EXACTLY THE SAME tit she's been coming out with for the past 10 years. Rehashed lies. Almost daring people to object. Good luck Carole you imbecile 🥰
Rehashed Lies is 👨‍🍳 💋. Soz mods will stop ♥🎩 meine Frauen now and stick to the point.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What happened to all the adventures/mini breaks she was going to take him on during the school holidays.???? I can’t get over that. For me that’s very telling she’s not parenting well or even trying to.
It’s been speculated that wider family don’t trust her with SB hence why her weekend away with him was with his dad, stepmother and half-siblings to ensure she was supervised.

Reactions: 24
Well that's progress! Was this after they added a sizzling soundtrack to her Lorraine spot? I haven't read her recent recipes because I like food and enjoy cooking 😜 but I'm happy that the canal has made a positive impact in some way.
Int. ITV studios. The Lorraine team are editing a recent cookery slot
Lorraine and co: Well this is awful. We've paid good money for this and it's unusable. What are we going to do?
Foley artist: TTZZZZTTZZZZZZZZSSSZZSSZZZSSZZZZ
L and co: applaud, cheer, give that man a raise

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.