Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Prior to dayhab we were treated to pictures very obviously in LJC’s Old place, so there’s an assumption LJC had a hand in it, but who knows"?
Blimey Hotes! Those "Found a little happy place" Kryten like photos plus a creep praising her "lovely bottom "
Fuxache send memory wipe o's

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I truly hope that job went to a good candidate who got there off their own merit, is reliable, experienced and professional
Down to the last two. Someone from a museum and someone from a large heathcare trust...i can't even imagine the chaos if the offer had happened. So glad i dug around and found this place and Molly's thread. Wish more sycophants were willing to open their eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
What happened to all the adventures/mini breaks she was going to take him on during the school holidays.???? I can’t get over that. For me that’s very telling she’s not parenting well or even trying to.
Exactly! And for someone so immensely privileged to have the sheer masses of space she does / be able to hoard receipts for over a decade / 13 book cases of food books, where are the tidbits of childhood? She only ever rolls out the same 3 drawings of his or the same 2 pristine teddies, we’ve got teddies a year or two old that are far more destroyed by love than her 12+ year old ones. Makes u think.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
I noticed that an influential poverty researcher / campaigner that I follow has liked an anti Jack adjacent tweet (sorry to be vague). The last time this person tweeted support of Jack was at the end of May.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
very odd article.. Claims that Jack started in a music video. An extra in a locally filmed music video for a failing girl band, so grain of truth.

Jack is Musical and has a beautiful voice. She isn't and doesn't

Model beautiful, and being asked by upmarket retailers to model for them - probably got a few freebies from Boden. Then there was that nasty plasticy bag for putting things in from tiggy+book a year or so ago.

Won't work with anyone until she has checked what they pay their cleaners and staff. Like Suoerdrug.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Jack’s recipe for Bread, Bean and Fennel Stew. I don’t know who or the context because it is Sunday morning and long term readers will know what happened since I read it. Anyway I was intrigued because I love fennel and it isn’t an ingredient I’ve seen Jack use much. I read the intro and thought it was odd even by Jack’s standards that you could replace a vegetable with a teaspoon of sugar and any old dried herb. I was even more surprised that she only wanted 1/2 a teaspoon. It was fennel seed. She never mentions this. Furthermore, 1 tin of beans, 1 tin of tomatoes and 2 thin slices of cheap bread served 4. A group of friends ‘devoured with gusto’ a bowl of 1/4 of a tin of tomatoes, 1/4 of a tin of baked beans, half a slice of white bread, a tiny amount of vegetable stock, 1/8th of a teaspoon of fennel (seeds; I’m going to measure this later but it’s maybe 2?) and 1/4 of a teaspoon of lemon juice.

I think this might be my aneurysm. I’ve committed to the kidney bean and pineapple thing now but I might change my mind and do this.
This is ridiculous. Even serving two you would need extra bread, and something like potatoes or dumplings to make it a filling meal.
I have done the whole thing of stretching a tin of beans into a meal myself, but you do need to add quite a few things to it.
Also, if you are using beans as your main protein source you really need half a tin per person, so there's no way this should be considered four portions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
Exactly! And for someone so immensely privileged to have the sheer masses of space she does / be able to hoard receipts for over a decade / 13 book cases of food books, where are the tidbits of childhood? She only ever rolls out the same 3 drawings of his or the same 2 pristine teddies, we’ve got teddies a year or two old that are far more destroyed by love than her 12+ year old ones. Makes u think.
It’s because they are just props. Nothing in the world has any value to her but herself and things she does. It’s beyond tragic.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It must be sobering to realise just how tit you are at a job that you literally have to beg for people to praise you for doing a good job.

I have worked in a few different fields and i have never asked anyone for a pat on the back, in fact i get a bit embarrassed when my boss praises me or thanks me for something i have done. ( i know i am weird) if and when i make a mistake i am the first to apologise and modify the problem. She has alot to learn.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Its only ever Jack squawking about how she could find people irl and knock on their door for the crime of not thinking her sphincter is the source of all light. If anyone from tattle did that they'd be banned and booted off.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It’s because they are just props. Nothing in the world has any value to her but herself and things she does. It’s beyond tragic.
The difference between her and his lifestyle is beyond me. She loves hoarding tat but doesn’t extend the same generosity to him, sorry but there’s no reason a child in her income level’s household (before or now) shouldn’t be able to get that Lego set she was balking at the cost of, there’s no reason he shouldn’t have a passport and no reason she can’t take him to London when she goes just to go to the thoroughly naff Groucho to eat pasta? I just hope she’s paying maintenance to his resident parent so he can take him to do all these nice things.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I just ventured over to twitter as i'm falling behind with these threads, last time I looked 'princeofpegging' was trending, this time 'enochpowell'. Why do people spend time on there? It is horrible. Anyway, my point is, singing vid 1343 likes, 'mental fragility' post 25k likes. Her audience love the misery & drama & she delivers it, they are all equally disgusting ghouls.

• Sad
Reactions: 48
The difference between her and his lifestyle is beyond me. She loves hoarding tat but doesn’t extend the same generosity to him, sorry but there’s no reason a child in her income level’s household (before or now) shouldn’t be able to get that Lego set she was balking at the cost of, there’s no reason he shouldn’t have a passport and no reason she can’t take him to London when she goes just to go to the thoroughly naff Groucho to eat pasta? I just hope she’s paying maintenance to his resident parent so he can take him to do all these nice things.
She’s appalling. It’s a tale very familiar to me, I’ve been his age and moved to a box room without my stuff, screamed at for needing new school shoes, had every semblance of childhood artefact tossed in a skip… while the parent had every perceivable luxury and was frequently showered with praise, which was their oxygen, by people who did not truly know them. It’s a punishment for not cooperating with their rhetoric, and it’s fascinating to watch it be attempted in such a wide sphere.

ETA I hope he has a safe, loving, space to enjoy being his age and self ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
Whyyy would she recommend this shite? As a genuine Poor, one of my favourite and best things for tea is beans on toast. It's grating all my pumbles, this is. 😠
Because her recipes were never for cooking. They were for Guardian readers so noone had to discuss that austerity was Labour policy too...

Her recipe is awful. A clear sign that she genuinely does not give a duck about food, texture, sapor, anything. What good are nine bookshelves of cookbooks if this is what you come up with?
Nine bookshelves of cookbooks in a bungalow. I know it cant be the ttle of a thread but I just wanted to say it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
I remember she described her son as “bookish”, yet the only children's book I've ever seen in her home is a Harry Potter one (which he probably brought over from his dad's). There were zero books in “his new bedroom”, and zero space to put any books in.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
What happened to all the adventures/mini breaks she was going to take him on during the school holidays.???? I can’t get over that. For me that’s very telling she’s not parenting well or even trying to.
To me it says his dad won't let her take him away, hence her tagging along on their trip to Pontins.

Reactions: 20
Because her recipes were never for cooking. They were for Guardian readers so noone had to discuss that austerity was Labour policy too...

Nine bookshelves of cookbooks in a bungalow. I know it cant be the ttle of a thread but I just wanted to say it.
Love when she posts pics of her bookshelves/hoard. Here’s a banger.

0AC52A40-DE43-4B41-962A-66CBCC36431D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.