Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
. But the person - who knows me well - said something along the lines of ‘she represents every behaviour you hate’. Well, quite.
that really speaks well of you. And since joining here I’ve found the decency and warmth of this community something of a safe place. People disagree but not rudely or viciously. People apologise and offer support. And nobody wants anything but the best for Jack, really. It’s just that the best thing for her - leaving social media, refunding money, focusing on the real people in her life, engaging honestly and genuinely with therapy - isn’t what she wants to do because she’s narcissistic and greedy and has found an easy route to rewards.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I never thought she’d make that much with her jar rattling, but then I didn’t consider how much she did indeed raise on the Kickstarter and the (thankfully on a proper fundraising site) TT appeal…what if all those people gave her similar amounts again? She could have absolutely raked it in…
I would love to know how much she's raked in, in one way or another, over the past decade. We only really know about the hugely publicised things like the kickstarter (thanks for raising awareness of that hugely successful beg, Guardian) and other historical stuff like the 'paypal me so I can get presenter training even though I am definitely not in it for the celebrity status' and obviously alllll the other begs she's done over the past couple of years, both subtle and outright. But there's about 8 years missing which she's hidden by deleting her tweets. I bet she got a TON of cash from the paypigs for her Katie Hopkins court case, even though her lawyer is PRO BONO, and there will be so much else, pre-tattle. It would take a really good forensic 😏 accountant to dig it all up but my God. The sheer gall of her. The greed, the lack of morals. The brazenness. The lack of anything resembling guilt.

• Angry
Reactions: 69
I just went and looked again at episode 6 of DKL (THE ONE WITH THE WHITE SAUCE/MILK) and jesus christ. Matt asks her how she comes up with recipes and she says "One and done". On pressed to elaborate confirms - with no shame - that the vast majority of her recipes feature no fine-tuning whatsoever. She "comes up with something weird" and that's that.

How in the name of all that's holy do people seek out her recipes over literally anything else?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Ps @Trauma Frotters - it's one of my favourite frau names and so apt that I giggle every single time.
Why thank you! I stumbled onto Tattle via a search for Thomas Cohen ( I wanted to see was he still wearing robes etc) into the Peaches Geldof thread. I had never even heard of Tattle but as a nebby sort, I was drawn in. Lurked then made an account in order to track threads. Used my usual social media name as I am a lurker, not a poster type.

Much to my surprise, I found myself wanting to join in with the snappy, hilarious and compassionate chat in the JM threads so I de-activated my account, ready to sign up with an anonymous user name. I nearly broke my neck to snag Trauma Frotters after the tweet 😄

When I saw the threads on Jack, I regret to say I was a Jackolite. I ( blush) made a cross tweet in her defence during the That Man incident and (gag) bought a book. I wondered what people could be saying about her BUT the pump was primed so to speak. I had never forgotten an account I follow grumpily commenting on Jack both flaunting and gatekeeping her expensive prescription drugs with their oh so unwanted weight loss side effects ( what I now know to be the red lipstick hollow cheeks outchy mouth era).

Fraus, I took no convincing to see the light 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
Racist squig is at it again, trying to provoke a row. I won’t post the tweet, I’ve reported it. He’s desperate for a FM attack.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I'm so glad my best pal Georgia Church Suppers has come round for dinner again. She makes me do hootin, rootin' and, indeed, toot tootin'.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
I just went and looked again at episode 6 of DKL (THE ONE WITH THE WHITE SAUCE/MILK) and jesus christ. Matt asks her how she comes up with recipes and she says "One and done". On pressed to elaborate confirms - with no shame - that the vast majority of her recipes feature no fine-tuning whatsoever. She "comes up with something weird" and that's that.

How in the name of all that's holy do people seek out her recipes over literally anything else?
Daily Kitchen was a revelation to me. It had never occurred to me that she cant actually cook and doesnt know anything about food. Never even remotely. I want them to commission it, but to do that to him would be cruel and unusual punishment.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm so glad my best pal Georgia Church Suppers has come round for dinner again. She makes me do hootin, rootin' and, indeed, toot tootin'.
Georgia Church-Suppers sounds like an upmarket estate agent. Tootling around Islington in her Foxton’s mini. Jack clinging to the roof, desperate to buy a modest 5 bed townhouse in Barnsbury, flinging spoons at the windscreen to get her attention.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I mean, really. How does she attract so many followers idiots on twitter?

Is it because she's been on the telly? I've been on the telly! And the radio - TWICE!

Is it because she's a tit cook? I'm also a tit cook.

Is it because she's such a vulnerable smol wickle pixie standing at just 5' 1.7" She's .2 of an inch taller than I am.

Is it because she's 'poor?' I'm much poorer than she is.

Is it because she can sing like that? I also can sing 'like that'. Again, it ain't pretty ...

Is it because she's an attention-seeking, sympathy-seeking liar who refuses to seek out a proper job to make an honest living, posts endlessly about all her many, many dubious illnesses/conditions, disgraces her family, begs for donations and flashes her fanny on Twitter? Ah. That might be it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Daily Kitchen was a revelation to me. It had never occurred to me that she cant actually cook and doesnt know anything about food. Never even remotely. I want them to commission it, but to do that to him would be cruel and unusual punishment.
I will never get over her having the big THAT MAN meltdown somehow being rewarded for it and then being so bleeping abysmal. Imagine thinking you can compete on an equal footing with Jamie Oliver then walking into a TV studio and making horse spunk lasagne. I mean, if it had been a prank I'd have hooted but she seems oblivious to her own lack of basic competence. There are disinterested kids in first year Home Economics making better stuff than her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Georgia Church-Suppers sounds like an upmarket estate agent. Tootling around Islington in her Foxton’s mini. Jack clinging to the roof, desperate to buy a modest 5 bed townhouse in Barnsbury, flinging spoons at the windscreen to get her attention.
She's very good friends with Chelsea Flower Show and Kingston Upon Thames.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.