Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so glad my best pal Georgia Church Suppers has come round for dinner again. She makes me do hootin, rootin' and, indeed, toot tootin'.
If I recall correctly, Traumy S, you are a vegetarian so here are some
(if you’re vegan, you’re SOL with the entire book as far as I can tell, sorry. Oops, “Soz.”)
05B1A412-D6E7-4662-914B-513DEC40B56A.jpeg

The Salads section includes the interestingly named Asian Coleslaw (with bottled ‘Italian’ dressing and ‘Italian soup mix’)
33CFCD1C-2670-4EF7-B0C7-1946E801CA44.jpeg

For all the meat eaters, here are four tasty
5E426AA8-3C31-4B90-BC42-950476A71FB0.jpeg

Just conjecture, but I strongly suspect Big Canned Soup and Georgia Churches to be in cahoots.
How long do you give it before Jack ‘cooks’ and posts one of the Georgia Bangers I’ve posted today? :unsure: ETA requesting a chicken dish with a heckin good pink salad please.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
OK. I've had a flick through Veganish.
She gives SB's dad's name and pretty much 🔺️ where or at least who he works for.

She admits she used someone else's recipe in one of her books. Doesn't say adapted it, just used it in Tin Can't Cook

Sleeper train from Edinburgh to London anyone? It's juddering, don't bother.

And one of our favourites, major High Street store nicking her cauliflower mac n cheese.

I have honestly just flicked through at random and got these! So I then went to the mentions at the back. And indeed her then poor, poor partner is mentioned. Go well LJC.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
The biggest revelation for me was a few weeks back when someone found the TD origin story from about 2015-6 where she was trying to help Jack steer things in the right direction back then and it didn’t work.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Whyyyy does she seem to think she's so endlessly fascinating that anyone would want her memoir?? Oh i was just an orinary lil middle class nepositm babe until I jacked it all in to go on the dole for 6 months. And look at me now!
If it was completely actually true and not Jack true it would be morbidly fascinating.
Why someone from a relatively affluent background pretended to be poor, and then said person told lie after lie to maintain the facade. Throw in a terrible addiction to attention and SM.
Told well and with honesty, humour and humility it could be good.
However it is Jack so will be self pitying and dishonest.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Why would a cook who’s actually got talent need 9 bookshelves of cookbooks? Unless they were ripping off other people’s recipes ofc
Nigella has hundreds of them, I have quite a lot that increases even when I'm not meant to buy anymore, I try and declutter and get rid every couple of years of ones I'm not they bothered about so I can fit new ones in.

But I do read mine, and cook from them, reading a bit of Ina after a rubbish day at work is balm for the soul, l bet no one has ever said that about jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Can you imagine if she released a memoir? How’d we even take on that task? We’d have to divide the chapters and make a database to keep track of the LIES.

Forgot that Leon stole her ideas too. In addition to Tom Kerridge and Jamie Oliver of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The biggest revelation for me was a few weeks back when someone found the TD origin story from about 2015-6 where she was trying to help Jack steer things in the right direction back then and it didn’t work.
Yes I feel that TD was waaay ahead of the curve. Which makes it stranger that she hasn't told Nigella in no uncertain terms what Jack's all about. TD my love you'd be doing everyone a favour, not least Nigella herself who can't seem to stop enabling this lil grifter, for whatever 👀 reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
How many times has she retweeted Dead Cat? 3? 4?

Jack, if you are reading this, and I know you are...

You have a live cat and dog at home that need feeding. Best get to it or maybe they'll file a bleeping police report themselves.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Daily Kitchen was a revelation to me. It had never occurred to me that she cant actually cook and doesnt know anything about food. Never even remotely. I want them to commission it, but to do that to him would be cruel and unusual punishment.
I’d like them to commission it (Live, again) and have her present it on her own.

I’d fly back to the UK especially to watch it on a telly in Southend Asda. Or round at Matt’s with him and Mrs. Matt.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'd actually be interested in her memoir as it would be an official timeline she has committed to. Be interesting to compare to our wiki and receipts

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
The over-dubbed sizzle of a frying pan on her Lorraine slot will never stop making me 🦉🍾. Bit like her and her life really. 😁
Her telling Eamon Holmes ' yer stressin me mate' is my fave quote of hers whilst she made an abomination on screen if uncooked pasta.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Can you imagine if she released a memoir? How’d we even take on that task? We’d have to divide the chapters and make a database to keep track of the LIES.

Forgot that Leon stole her ideas too. In addition to Tom Kerridge and Jamie Oliver of course.
THose breakfast muffins at Leon are lush.

Reactions: 11
OK. I've had a flick through Veganish.
She gives SB's dad's name and pretty much 🔺️ where or at least who he works for.

She admits she used someone else's recipe in one of her books. Doesn't say adapted it, just used it in Tin Can't Cook

Sleeper train from Edinburgh to London anyone? It's juddering, don't bother.

And one of our favourites, major High Street store nicking her cauliflower mac n cheese.

I have honestly just flicked through at random and got these! So I then went to the mentions at the back. And indeed her then poor, poor partner is mentioned. Go well LJC.
This is fabulous. A few random pages and we pretty much have jack twitter chaos bingo
- overshare about a family member
- accuse someone of plagiarism
- "painstaking" recipe construction
- hyperbole and hand wringing over normal activities (catching a train)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I just looked to see if there was a release date for the “thrifty kitchen” book, because her publishers site had said Spring, not sure if it still does though.

But, on Amazon saw THIS! 👀

View attachment 1586369
Memoir, 224 pages. I lol. Maybe the 12 month delay is how long it will take the editor to strike out the most obviously bonkers 1700 extra reams.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.