Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A Jack Monroe biography would draw a heck of a lot of attention to any discussion discrepancies especially around what happened with the Ltd company folding and ONS claims 🥳
This is true, she could never do a biography because it would have to be in the fiction section. I mean, it would be torn apart by any serious reviewer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
If I recall correctly, Traumy S, you are a vegetarian so here are some
(if you’re vegan, you’re SOL with the entire book as far as I can tell, sorry. Oops, “Soz.”) View attachment 1586386

The Salads section includes the interestingly named Asian Coleslaw (with bottled ‘Italian’ dressing and ‘Italian soup mix’)
View attachment 1586387

For all the meat eaters, here are four tasty
View attachment 1586388

Just conjecture, but I strongly suspect Big Canned Soup and Georgia Churches to be in cahoots.
How long do you give it before Jack ‘cooks’ and posts one of the Georgia Bangers I’ve posted today? :unsure: ETA requesting a chicken dish with a heckin good pink salad please.
I only found out who TD is about two weeks ago and sad to report her thing is USA cuisine, I was expecting French or Spanish and feel cheated.

Reactions: 9
9 bookcases full of cookbooks? How many libraries dues this bungalow have?
Only the one- it's next to the indoor swimming pool, and down the corridor from the games room.
One of the people engaging with that awful account that said the thing about pushing Jack is a massive Jack stan. They were also tweeting some quite disturbing things about harm befalling Jack because of EVIL MOLLY. If you think the first account is weird, this one is off the scale. Horrible tweets behind spolier.

Yes, I saw this one. I wondered if it was Jack-adjacent. It's very nasty.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Her telling Eamon Holmes ' yer stressin me mate' is my fave quote of hers whilst she made an abomination on screen if uncooked pasta.
Remember she is not a chef nor even a cook she’s just someone who fitted a guardian editor’s idea of a poor person who tried to feed her kid aspirational food and is just like normal parents- she’d struggle to cook beans on toast to order for SB - I couldn’t cook an omelette on air but wouldn’t think I could - the likes of JO and Tom Kerridge have years learning just to chop veg to order beyond delivering 200 covers a night - pixie has zero clue how far off their game she is

• Heart
Reactions: 49
She can't because Molly has done nothing wrong. It's a pure intimidation tactic. She's threatening a low paid HCA who lives in a shared rented house when she knows that even if successful (wouldn't happen) there's nothing to take. That's to try and get Molly to fold because even though she has nothing Jack could take as a settlement she could still end up massively out of pocket trying to defend herself. That won't happen either because no lawyer would take it on. Secondly Molly has mentioned she doesn't yet have settled status but hopes to get it and train as a nurse, so Jack is also threatening her with the police as that would have the potential to threaten both of those or at least it would if Molly had actually done anything wrong, which she hasn't. The only time Jack checks her privilege is to make sure it's still working before using it against someone else. For all her claims of belonging to marginalised groups, when push comes to shove, she's white and middle class when she needs the power that gives her.
Thread title nominate
Bib
Wise words from Jenny Digits

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Jack thought so too. She invented dead dog yoghurt bowls in retaliation.
Proper showed Leggy what was what, that did.
I find leggy a bit creepy and Machiavellian - a guy in his 40s with a young single mum trying to break into his field would raise alarm bells

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If I recall correctly, Traumy S, you are a vegetarian so here are some
(if you’re vegan, you’re SOL with the entire book as far as I can tell, sorry. Oops, “Soz.”) View attachment 1586386

The Salads section includes the interestingly named Asian Coleslaw (with bottled ‘Italian’ dressing and ‘Italian soup mix’)
View attachment 1586387

For all the meat eaters, here are four tasty
View attachment 1586388

Just conjecture, but I strongly suspect Big Canned Soup and Georgia Churches to be in cahoots.
How long do you give it before Jack ‘cooks’ and posts one of the Georgia Bangers I’ve posted today? :unsure: ETA requesting a chicken dish with a heckin good pink salad please.
Random question, is there any method to the symbol madness? Some have a cross, some a dove of peace and some a crown of thorns, what’s that about?
Doesn’t seem to relate to how close to the lord god, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit eating the food will make you as every recipe is like some kind of penance.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She’s retweeted the dead cat post AGAIN? I’m speechless.

This is the most desperate example of damage control I can think of. Trying to drown out legitimate questions about donations with sycophantic guff from FBPEs and horny middle aged men. Cringe.

ETA: I also don’t think it’s normal to be doing that at nearly midnight on a Saturday. I do genuinely believe it might be related to ❄
I guess after a hard weeks work she’s got a lot of housework and cleaning to do … she’s been talking about vacuum cleaners a lot.. dyson, shark, Henry
2571B0DA-A679-4E35-80E5-AD9C603B0F77.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Can you imagine if she released a memoir? How’d we even take on that task? We’d have to divide the chapters and make a database to keep track of the LIES.

Forgot that Leon stole her ideas too. In addition to Tom Kerridge and Jamie Oliver of course.
Would that be the Leon restaurants owned by Mr Dimbleby of the Dimbleby report I mentioned earlier, pushing for the Healthy Start increase? ( Or is there some other Señor Leon chef person I haven't heard of?)

Reactions: 18
Would that be the Leon restaurants owned by Mr Dimbleby of the Dimbleby report I mentioned earlier, pushing for the Healthy Start increase? ( Or is there some other Señor Leon chef person I haven't heard of?)
Leggy used to work/own with Mr H Dimbleby of the report, yes

Reactions: 21
Off topic, but just heard Debbie singing on Jimmy Jabs- Brooklyn 99 and got horrific flashbacks to the other night's shower spectacle.
4:11
My 13 year old said 'Is that Jack Monroe again'?
I am deaded.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Her ex Allegra (Leggy) co founded it

Reactions: 19
‘Put chickpeas in pan and add the onions’
And the angels and all the little children wept.
She just has no clue does she? No love for food at all and no desire to learn. Maybe if she’d bought one good recipe book and read it she’d have seen that onions go first. Would’ve been more use than 100’s of unread books taking up 9 bookcases. The ability to start a sauce from an onion and a garlic clove or two is essential in all cooking - especially the kind she says she’s promoting or ‘having to do because poor’. She says she promotes using what you have in but then what she has in is just thin beans and eyeball sosiges and crunchy little onions. Why can’t we have nice things?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Real life women don't write messages with a lipstick, they just buy another 76 of them then tweet about not being able to pay their rent.
Has anyone ever written a message with their lipstick or is it just a ... narrative device? Makes u think 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.