Jack Monroe #395 That’s not my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
didn't jack say her and oh bought like 10 of those godawful hats together?

now look at this hat

20220916_143638.jpg

maybe davy b (?medium dave) was harold all along

makes u think

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I’ve lost track of who ICO squig is, does anyone know if she’s chimed in on the coroners info discussion on twitter yet?

Reactions: 15
Just remembered she’s now worked for Twitter and Google, so just needs Facebook and Instagram for a Full House (not a house to live in, sadly 🙁)
If you add in the likes of Samsung and Sainsbury’s - and the government and Superdrug - to name but a few, she’s rubbed shoulders and been paid to work with some of the world’s biggest brands and institutions now, which apart from making money for herself, have led to very little obvious change that I can see.
Definitely. Not. Corporate. Though. And definitely serving others 🙄 I’m sure now she’s sat next to and had dinner with the Big Google MD and 100 CEOs 😭 and stayed in a £400 a night room at Soho House, change really is coming this time 🤞🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 54
It’s longer than the sodding Iliad.
I was just thinking about how Jack’s always said she’s subjected to ‘vile abuse’ and until recently there was sweet fa on Twitter criticising her (she was talking about here but obviously too much of a coward to name the site-after all, she’s admitted it’s even turned some of her nearest and dearest which is odd if it was just baseless abuse…). Well now, she really is getting criticism but people can see it’s largely based on her own dodgy behaviour and statements.
Chapeau karma. Now duck off.
You've just made me remember that was another thing that baffled me about her. That she uses to say she was subjected to horrific trolling and I never found any, even when I was on Twitter a lot.

Reactions: 32
Just remembered she’s now worked for Twitter and Google, so just needs Facebook and Instagram for a Full House (not a house to live in, sadly 🙁)
If you add in the likes of Samsung and Sainsbury’s - and the government and Superdrug - to name but a few, she’s rubbed shoulders and been paid to work with some of the world’s biggest brands and institutions now, which apart from making money for herself, have led to very little obvious change that I can see.
Definitely. Not. Corporate. Though. And definitely serving others 🙄 I’m sure now she’s sat next to and had dinner with the Big Google MD and 100 CEOs 😭 and stayed in a £400 a night room at Soho House, change really is coming this time 🤞🏻
Smacks of Clemmie Hooper (aka mother of daughters) ‘I’m going on holiday for you lot, so I can review it for you, aren’t I noble’

• Wow
Reactions: 28
You've just made me remember that was another thing that baffled me about her. That she uses to say she was subjected to horrific trolling and I never found any, even when I was on Twitter a lot.
I think she's so used to everyone saying how wonderful she is to be so brave despite being so poor and she's so caring, that anyone saying "hang on a second, this doesn't quite add up, can you please explain?" is classified in her mind as "horrific trolling".

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Same. Was actually one of the first things that raised my suspicion after seeing her with spam as a ‘vegan’

Reactions: 22
And that in itself (actual tangible reward postcards, lol) is absolutely ridiculous when she could have just offered reward codes and automated monthly newsletter-type emails with exclusive recipes (how we laughed), tips and available offers and such like. She's such a lazy plum.
I don’t want to sound like a #1978 truther, but I think she’s as technically challenged as my 65 year old mum. She does so many things the pre internet way, all the hand written lists, the transcribing of political speeches, the lever arch files and the patreon (non) rewards being actual postcards, not to mention her basic Wordpress site having been broken for ages. I suspect she refuses to learn any new skills because of her inherent laziness and her “completed it mate” attitude.

Reactions: 44
Finally caught up after falling waaay behind at the start of August (bad timing to be busy in real life).

A few quick things that caught my attention -

1) There is no evidence whatsoever that the dog lives with SB's dad. I've talked about this before. Some Tattlers keep insisting the dog only appears when SB does. This is objectively false. Conversely, there is plenty of evidence to support the fact that the dog is Jack's, from the photo of a very young puppy on public transport to the stupid name to Spaniel Friend's numerous tweets making it crystal clear that Jack owns the dog. Has Jack spent far more time away from home than a responsible pet owner would? Yes, but Jack has long been established as an irresponsible pet owner. This ongoing conspiracy theory is just wishful thinking. What's more, when people say "ah don't worry, it's not her dog" they are providing an excuse for Jack's irresponsibility and terrible pet ownership.

2) There is no evidence that Jack's father is giving her a home, that Jack will be renting from her father, or that Jack has bought her own home to move into. We do know that Jack's father did not provide her with a home when she was going through the Poverty, when she abruptly moved back to Southend after being dumped by Allegra, when bailiffs broke into her house, when she had to move in a hurry due to a stalker, or when she started spending 94% of her salary on rent after Louisa LEFT. We also know that Jack is stupid, impulsive, and prone to spending huge amounts of time performatively doing things that are entirely useless. Planning a kitchen based on floorplans of random 1-bedroom apartments she's found online fits that perfectly. Until she actually moves, we have no concrete information.

Don't want to thread-police, but...baseless conspiracy theories are easy to ignore, but not when they're being repeated as gospel 10000000 times. Plus, there are some real journalists (not disgruntled ex-Tattlers) taking an interest in things now, so facts matter more than ever. 🔺️👀 Signed, a survivor of "Jack is being evicted in February 2021", "Harold doesn't exist", "Jack only went to a foodbank once", "Jack's landlady is actually Big Dave or another family member" etc etc.

3) People tying themselves in knots looking for "a grain of truth" or "tricksy wording" etc etc. Don't bother - Jack has no issue openly, directly lying, usually telling more lies when called on it. See: Georgia Church Suppers; "I've only ever had one cat"; "I'm sober" throughout 2020; gin; coriander; "I'm not exactly using my degree" etc etc. I can point to direct, provable lies as far back as 2012, including in her magnum opus Hunger Hurts. One of the things that makes Jack so fascinating is that much of her nonsense has no grain of truth at all, she just makes tit up constantly. She claimed to be intersex on Mumsnet FFS!

When we talk about tricksy wording, we are also providing excuses for some of her more outrageous lies. A good example is this: every time Jack's sex work claim rear its ugly head, someone will pop up to say, "tricksy Jack! She probably had a sugar daddy/worked on a sex line etc." No. Jack claimed DIRECTLY that she was a prostitute in the year 2013. This is clearly a complete and utter falsehood - she got a full-time job as a reporter on the Southend Echo in February '13, then signed her first book deal (worth 25.000£) a couple of months later. No tricksy wording, no grain of truth, just a barefaced lie.

4) If @Marmalade Atkins says something, believe her. She has the receipts.

Now off to fall behind again as I'm BUSY next week.

PS thank you very Marmalade much Marmalade for cheering me on. Grunking gets easier when you ignore every post that's just screenshots of random people on Twitter saying "I do/don't like Jack Monroe".

028FA094-341E-45CE-9D4A-0D49A2CEECD7 (2).png

20210326_154028.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 122
I don’t want to sound like a #1978 truther, but I think she’s as technically challenged as my 65 year old mum. She does so many things the pre internet way, all the hand written lists, the transcribing of political speeches, the lever arch files and the patreon (non) rewards being actual postcards, not to mention her basic Wordpress site having been broken for ages. I suspect she refuses to learn any new skills because of her inherent laziness and her “completed it mate” attitude.
The transcribing by hand of political speeches is one of my favourite Jack behaviours. Especially when combined with the "I'll refer to this in detail later" that inevitably doesn't happen. It's the sort of task you'd set a child or especially irritating intern so that they'll feel busy and important while you can get on with actual work without them interrupting every few minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.