Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God knows what I’ll do on Monday with absolutely nowt on and nowt open.

Anyone want to predict Jacks Twitter during the Statey Funes?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
God knows what I’ll do on Monday with absolutely nowt on and nowt open.

Anyone want to predict Jacks Twitter during the Statey Funes?
I'm hoping she has another right royal mare on her timeline by trying to ride two horses with one chunky Mediterranean arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Frau’s I need advice. I have received my response to the ONS FOI but I’m a bit reluctant to post it because I know it will appear on Twitter straight away, with a bit of a ‘gotcha you big liar’ angle to it. I know it will be published on the ONS site in due course. Should I just whack it on here anyway?
You'll be dealing with hundreds of aneurysms if you don't post it, so...

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Presented without comment. I asked. They replied. Just for clarity though in my original request I sent a copy of a tweet from
Jack in May 2022 in which Jack confirmed she had once again met with them along with other tweets where Jack had referenced meeting and working with ONS.
8BCBE9B5-0866-4796-B06D-3028ABE99A23.jpeg
56D2D1DD-761C-457D-9ACE-C1E10313F301.jpeg
75AD744B-4C51-45EA-86E1-0508CE78E680.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 179
So they had a chat after her twitter storm and...nothing changed. She's not been to anything that could be described as a formal meeting as that would've been minuted and they've had no formal correspondence.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 98
Can we just take a moment to think of the poor driver who has had a tit start to his day by getting landed with driving Miss Lazy. It'll take more than a new Magic Tree to get rid of that lingering honk.

Driving Miss Lazy for a thread title

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
So they had a chat after her twitter storm and...nothing changed. She's not been to anything that could be described as a formal meeting as that would've been minuted and they've had no formal correspondence.
Yes that’s what I have taken from it. The changes were already underway but they thought she should speak to Jack.

Reactions: 37
Presented without comment. I asked. They replied. Just for clarity though in my original request I sent a copy of a tweet from
Jack in May 2022 in which Jack confirmed she had once again met with them along with other tweets where Jack had referenced meeting and working with ONS.
So beautiful.
I hereby petition the Thread Elders to award Penelope_Ghent an MBE for Monroe Bullshit Exposure

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Yes that’s what I have taken from it. The changes were already underway but they thought she should speak to Jack.
A more forensic frau could go through Jack's various claims about meetings etc and see if there are any big ol' whoppers that can be exposed because of this. But I am busy. Well not that busy. I am lazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
To be fair I 🔺 have something v similar (ironically from a Kickstarter that actually fulfilled their pledges with zero chaoses, floor-clawing and apology tours from beleaguered assistants), and it is exceptionally handy for draining cans, straining cocktails, juicing lemons, opening jars etc. Who’d‘ve thought, actually useful kitchen implements?! Not that 1000 gently, softly rusting spoons aren’t useful of course.
Well yes, this sounds very useful and not just for hoop rinsing.

I would have loved to have this handy gadget a couple of days ago when we found out of date lentil and bacon soup in the back of a cupboard. It was only there due to Mr Fawlty insisting about a year ago he would have it for lunch, I can't stand it. So being the evil cow I am I made him drain it so as not the block the sink. He's got quite a strong stomach but what was left in the sieve had us both 🤢😬🤢😬🤢😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Guys I'm really confused. As any fule know Jacks is autistic and incapable of lying. She is also FORENSIC and cannot make mistakes. Are the ONS LYING? Send helpos!

• Haha
Reactions: 65
But not long ago she said she had weekly meetings with the ONS.
And the only record they have is ONE informal chat in January?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
Jack in May 2022 in which Jack confirmed she had once again met with them along with other tweets where Jack had referenced meeting and working with ONS.View attachment 1579909View attachment 1579908View attachment 1579910
Sorry I know you feel trepidatious about this going on Twitter but it’s literally the most delicious response to people who say “Jack was instrumental in getting the ONS to change their methodologies”. Boom, no she wasn’t, she had one chat (AFTER the viral tweet thread, nothing prior to that eg in November 2021 when the change was decided) and no actions for follow-up. I guarantee those bigwigs left that meeting like “ok that was an hour I could’ve actually been working”.

ETA p.s. PAGING MOLLY

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Make it a little easier to.. ahem.. digest..

Also, of this exists as a link to n official ons response type page, that'd be grand..
Harder to ignore.
Screenshot_20220915-115655-01.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Really?! Who did she plagiarise? Is that why some of the recipes in a girl called Jack are edible?
It may be why 🤣

I can't remember the names of the authors she plagiarised (allegedly, Your Honour), but someone who apparently used to work for her first publisher posted about it on Mumsnet. They didn't mention Jack by name, but it was obvious it was her. The screenshot must be somewhere in a previous thread but I haven't been able to find it again 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.