Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think think there's a massive problem in this country with poor nutritional knowledge and it cuts across class. Also a lot of women have a terrible relationship with food due to stupid diets even if they never develop full blown eating disorders. I think this partly explains people believing Jack is providing anything like adequate nutrition on £20. The lack of protein and calories is the most glaring problem but I'm sure someone better informed than I am would be able to point out other deficiencies.
Can't be too 🔺 but I'm looking at data in work and one of the questions was about what people think the recommend daily calorie intake is. Both men and women underestimate the recommended daily calories, women slightly moreso.
Overall mean response was 1850 for women and 2300 for men (actual average recommendations being 2000 and 2400).
It would be interesting to look into it further, eg means for different backgrounds/education levels but it's not on my agenda atm

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Plenty of people thought that the death of her maj might signal the end of the monarchy. Who'd have thought it might also signal the end of Jack's twitter reign?

• Haha
Reactions: 72
Was trying to find info on the exec summit - were we aware of this speaking gig: https://www.longhurst-group.org.uk/...ially-launches-improving-lives-2025-strategy/

There is audio (sorry) of the talk here:

Edit- ok I just started listening to it and she's literally reading hunger hurts 1 - and has the cheek to say people who need support under their (longhurst's) care aren't there to speak for themselves - no you knobber that's because you're taking up their platform reading a story that's a decade old because it's easier to book you than do real community engagement.
God save us. Listening to that, never mind I Daniel Blake, I'm now wondering if Jack ever read (or watched) Angela's Ashes.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It is if an infection (viral or bacterial) caused it you bleeping idiot Jack

View attachment 1577901

Yes, because it's a simple inflammation and not an infection that's causing you to feel "rotten" and need a power nap
She's brain dead
I was going to say this! It's impossible to tell what's causing it without cultures being taken and I'm assuming her friendly pharmacist doesn't have a lab out the back to test ... Absolute cretin.

• Angry
Reactions: 49
View attachment 1577851

I think this explains that other unidentified logo
M&S Collection Pure Cotton Flannel Check Overshirt (Khaki) £35

View attachment 1577863

You can shut up now
Jack learned nothing from the last time she mentioned David Cameron then
How unprofessional is she?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Plenty of people thought that the death of her maj might signal the end of the monarchy. Who'd have thought it might also signal the end of Jack's twitter reign?
If it causes the end of Jack's twitter reign I think that is one thing for which we can all give thanks. Her Majesty's final benediction to her people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Just looked at the ‘Jack Monroe’ trending on Twitter, it’s an absolute piss-take out there, still her squigs are fighting back but they are being torn apart, only defence they have is ‘Jack does good work, leave her alone’, needless to say this isn’t deterring the retorts back. Jack is a figure of ridicule now, actually shocked how much things have changed for her on the Twitter. People engaging her for events really need to see and recognise what the perception is of her now, they ain’t doing their causes any favours by linking with Jack.

One of my fav recent tweets on the Jack trending timeline 😁

7DEE2D67-9547-46E4-BEF0-4EA505BAB7E9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111
I was going to say this! It's impossible to tell what's causing it without cultures being taken and I'm assuming her friendly pharmacist doesn't have a lab out the back to test ... Absolute cretin.
I'd bet she saw "laryngitis is an inflammation caused by overuse..." and just stopped reading because it suits her agenda. Anyway THE 6 DAY OLD BABY WAS ALREADY SNUFFLING OK???

This is my laryngitis (confirmed).

ETA if she'd actually gone to the doctor they'd have probably just bunged her on some antibiotics for 7 days in case it was bacterial, and by then a virus would have probably run its course as well. The chances of it not being caused by an infection are low as she's been feeling so rough, overuse or irritation etc. probably wouldn't cause that to such a degree. She wants to have her laryngitis and hold babies too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Honestly I've never been happier that work is super quiet. Guilt free catch ups!

About to get on a train into town. Hope nobody tries to hand me their 6 day old baby because I'm just not interested.
I too hope that no made up incidents happen to you on your journey. 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Its hard not to feel some sympathy for Big Dave, there he was polishing his big gun and BAM, he’s a Twitter legend
DC52612D-2897-42B8-A2CD-CE83DF031DFA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
Was trying to find info on the exec summit - were we aware of this speaking gig: https://www.longhurst-group.org.uk/...ially-launches-improving-lives-2025-strategy/

There is audio (sorry) of the talk here:

Edit- ok I just started listening to it and she's literally reading hunger hurts 1 - and has the cheek to say people who need support under their (longhurst's) care aren't there to speak for themselves - no you knobber that's because you're taking up their platform reading a story that's a decade old because it's easier to book you than do real community engagement.
Oh my GOD the tremulous voice set to that music - she really draws nourishment from trotting this stuff out doesn’t she 😡 nothing she says at the end is wrong but why must she be handed this platform when there are many others who can do it better? Surely the people who book her for these events should know about the many, many inconsistencies in her story and the constant provable lies?

Reactions: 33
I’m expecting a post from Big Dave explaining that Jack moved out at 17 coz she was a bit of a mad head, they tried to help her out but she kept spunking all her housing benny on crap and ended up in a load of debt. They got her a great, well-paid and difficult to get job which she also managed to eff up. They’ve helped her out as much as they can and kept quiet through all her shameful behaviour because frankly, they’re used to it.
He votes Labour but is a Royalist, mainly because of his years in the forces. He has a few books on many subjects as do lots of soldiers-know your history and your enemy and all that. He didn’t realise Jack had taken that to mean he was a Marxist because she’d also borrowed her mum’s copy of Riders by Jilly Cooper and hadn’t accused them of running a raunchy racing stables.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 121
I do feel sorry for Big Dave, he probably got up, made his disabled wife a cup of tea, watched the kids go off to school and college, got ready for a hectic day doing a lifeboat drill or wheeling his big cannon into the heritage shed. At some point he’s going to check his phone and/or the haunted bird app and the day will be ruined.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 91
Just looked at the ‘Jack Monroe’ trending on Twitter, it’s an absolute piss-take out there, still her squigs are fighting back but they are being torn apart, only defence they have is ‘Jack does good work, leave her alone’, needless to say this isn’t deterring the retorts back. Jack is a figure of ridicule now, actually shocked how much things have changed for her on the Twitter. People engaging her for events really need to see and recognise what the perception is of her now, they ain’t doing their causes any favours by linking with Jack.

One of my fav recent tweets on the Jack trending timeline 😁

View attachment 1577935
Every time she goes viral now , her reputation dips and never recovers

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.