Jack Monroe #392 This is why ppl cook you on that gossip app innit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a small and trivial point.
“there’s a pie with your name on it. Autistic = incredibly literal”

but this isn’t an example of being incredibly literal is it? It’s knowingly making a play on words. It’s (if it even happened) a self-aware joke, not thinking that if you say “there’s a pie with your name on it” it has to have a name on it, cause you’re autistic and don’t understand idiomatic phrases.

I don’t want to diagnose anyone online and I don’t know a great deal about autism but I am not autistic as far as I know, and I might feasibly, jokingly text someone “there’s a pie with your name on it” if it literally had their name on it, because I’d see it as a pun around the idiom (the pie is meant for you) and the unusual reality (it actually does have your name in pastry)

my point is that this doesn’t seem an autistic thing at all?

• Heart
Reactions: 132
So she has alphabet pastry cutters to add to the clutter/tat pile. My god, the hoarding in that place must be outrageous!

The lovey Trifle Defender has also shared the promo for spices to be purchased for prisoners. Which proves, yet again, that she is a wholly decent and wonderful being and way WAY nicer than me - because I sure as tit wouldn’t be sharing it as it has been set up by one of Jacks biggest fans and flag wavers. To the point I had to unfollow her, which was a shame because, minus the overly zealous Jackolyte nonsense, she was a good Twitter follow but I have zero tolerance for the Jack fan club now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Given the “food” on offer chez Jack, it’s no wonder the lodger is always off on 10-mile walks to the chippy is it.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm saying this because I know you'll all know what I mean and in the safe knowledge that you all know I'm not being offensive to anyone except... Well, you know.

This 'pie'
View attachment 1569380
If your 7 year old kid came.rushing home with this pie they made.in Home economics, you'd be thrilled to pieces right?
"Aww Jack, you've even put your name on it and some stars"

If, however, someone you didn't know but was obviously over the age of 30.
If they proudly handed it to you... you'd be worried she'd been eating the wax crayons wouldn't you?
BH’s (better half 🤢) pie she hasn’t so much as pushed the pastry to the edges. Also not blind baked the pastry, so it’ll have a soggy bottom. Is it just me or do they look less like pies and more like little tartlets? They look about 7-8cms across and maybe 2cms deep…. Either way, the oversharing never fails to make me feel deeply uncomfortable. Poor SB. Constant new lovers 🤢 in and out of his life and his home, it would be seen as disgusting if it was anyone else. Why does nobody who supports her pick up on this?

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Just a small and trivial point.
“there’s a pie with your name on it. Autistic = incredibly literal”

but this isn’t an example of being incredibly literal is it? It’s knowingly making a play on words. It’s (if it even happened) a self-aware joke, not thinking that if you say “there’s a pie with your name on it” it has to have a name on it, cause you’re autistic and don’t understand idiomatic phrases.

I don’t want to diagnose anyone online and I don’t know a great deal about autism but I am not autistic as far as I know, and I might feasibly, jokingly text someone “there’s a pie with your name on it” if it literally had their name on it, because I’d see it as a pun around the idiom (the pie is meant for you) and the unusual reality (it actually does have your name in pastry)

my point is that this doesn’t seem an autistic thing at all?
It’s a shame that she can’t be as incredibly literal when talking about the transparency she promised in relation to Teemill.
similarly, she’s not incredibly literal in producing and delivering 10000000 postcards a month to her loyal patreons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
This has come from absolutely nowhere but can anyone else imagine she has those fridge magnet letters and she leaves Bald the housemate “cute” notes with them?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Hold on Fraus can’t we get forensic here

housemate‘s name is B—-D

Miss Anne Thrope last thread knows who Camembert man is - a local business entrepreneur.

can we establish if better half / bodyguard / housemate / best friend are the same potato-faced labourer?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Given the state of her other concoctions, I’m surprised she can see well enough by the solar powered lighting to be able to get the pie letters in the right order.

I also thought of a new illness she should add to her collection. She’s the only known example of long pre-covid - she lost her sense of taste and smell years before she actually got covid. It’s the only explanation. (Can’t think of any others m’lud ❄)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think the third pie says 'BED' and she'll greedily devour it in bed later. The one that looks like an hole will be inhaled while she's tweeting from the bog in the morning.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I was trying to work out the letters on lodgers pie. I thought one of letters looked like an upside down E, so zoomed in and rotated. Not an E, but I can see the face of someone throwing up. Probably said pie. Womp womp.
1662841693701.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52

housemate‘s name is B—-D

Miss Anne Thrope last thread knows who Camembert man is - a local business entrepreneur.

can we establish if better half / bodyguard / housemate / best friend are the same potato-faced labourer?
Bodyguard's first initial is S.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

housemate‘s name is B—-D

This may have been said but B- -D = BodygaurD. Obvs she used the tinniest pastry letters for the middle bit 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
So she has alphabet pastry cutters to add to the clutter/tat pile. My god, the hoarding in that place must be outrageous!

The lovey Trifle Defender has also shared the promo for spices to be purchased for prisoners. Which proves, yet again, that she is a wholly decent and wonderful being and way WAY nicer than me - because I sure as tit wouldn’t be sharing it as it has been set up by one of Jacks biggest fans and flag wavers. To the point I had to unfollow her, which was a shame because, minus the overly zealous Jackolyte nonsense, she was a good Twitter follow but I have zero tolerance for the Jack fan club now.
Oh that is disappointing. It's a really good idea too but if they're a Jack stan, that causes me issues around trust and so I SHAN'T donate. Just to be clear I'm not accusing the fundraising squig of anything but if they can't see what's wrong with how Jack had run the Teemill fundraiser and her Patreon then I can't take the chance. I shall continue to stick dried herbs and spices in the foodbank box at the supermarket but I really liked the idea of giving people their own basic collection as it opens up so many possibilities for making food go further. Even just something as simple as stirring a bit of smoked paprika through unrinsed baked beans livens them up no end, especially cheaper brands. That might work with unrinsed hoops too, now I come to think of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

housemate‘s name is B—-D

has anyone else noticed that Vlad, if written in the Russian alphabet could, quite easily, be mistaken for B--d

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.