Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Arcade Fire?

How does she get things so wrong, every single time? It's a unique skill, I'll give her that.
Arcade Fire played? At the same time The Mercury Prize was postponed. There was Self-esteem and others frantically trying to find some cold storage for all the hot food that had been prepared as they didn't want it to go to waste. It was rescued and will be distributed to the cold and hungry. What does Jack do? Fuck all. Seriously? Sorry for the swear.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
would that information be releasable from the Trussell trust under and FOI? How many times haslce you received money from Jack Monroe and how much were these donation amounts?
[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be FOI as they're not a public body. I don't think you could ask for info of donations made by an individual.

It's very annoying that Jack is making people distrust charities as it's her behaviour that is shady not any of the charities she is working with. Yes there is some dodgy practice out there eg kids company, bit for the most part people in the sector are passionate and want to do the best they can. As organisations get bigger they need more governance around HR and management etc to ensure things are done correctly and transparently. Big doesn't always mean wasteful. A small charity I worked for had an ego driven CEO which meant lots of cash spent sending her to London to speak at this event or meet that MP. All good work for a lobbying charity or similar, but that wasn't what we were doing so it brought about no change whatsoever to any of the people we worked with. I've worked for a multimillion pound organisation and the financial controls were incredibly strong. But that required a good finance team to keep track of everything.

I wonder if she "met" the Queen like I once "met" Princess Diana when she visited my school and all I can remember is a lot of standing around and a glimpse of blue mascara.
Charlie boy came to my school and I was not picked to be one of the students to show him round so I pulled off all of the radiators in the English classrooms.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Also because it’s well known that people who work 100+ hour weeks are often free at the very last moment for gigs.
I personally can't attend things like this last minute because I HAVE A DOG.

I love the way that Bootstrap Cook, always such a stupid brand for so many reasons, has finally mutated into Bootlick Cook. It serves her right for not picking 'Shoestring Cook', which actually makes sense.
Not to blow my own trumpet but I was calling her bootlick cook over two years ago, glad twitter's finally catching up with tattle https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-56-i-jack-monroe.7961/page-48#post-1995043

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

FrankReagan

Chatty Member
Funny how she knows now that she’s moving far enough away in 6 months time to change pharmacies. Especially when they give her such tender care. Makes you think.
794984D5-96B6-4195-82B7-ECD453591773.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Conveniently ill again. "I've got commitments next week that I'd like to get out of. So I am laying a trail."

Also, 'huge speaking/work bit' = doing a share at AA. Speaking to three therapists on speed dial.
I'm astounded (not really) that a woman who lives on her own catches more viruses and bugs than I as a mother of three does and each of my children goes to a different place of education which increases our susceptibility. 100% she cosplayed being ill to stay off school too.

• Haha
  • Heart

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
You’ve been putting it very well, don’t worry about that - but it certainly takes time to really start appreciating the scale of it all. Of course, some money has gone to Trussell Trust and other causes, no one is doubting this. But there is undoubtedly a lot of money unaccounted for. It’s a serious matter.
As for her hurling her nonsense at politicians for head pats, the hypocrisy as always, is off the scale.
Harwood got it right, she grifts for likes and influence because anything that raises her profile and her popularity increases donations.
We‘ve no idea what percentage of donations went where they were meant to because we’ve no idea how much was raised. It’s an extra ordinary position to be in.
I saw criticism of Tattle recently that seemed to suggest that most of our receipts are trivial and intrusive. I strongly disagree. It’s impossible to say what’s important until you start piecing it all together. The lies and contradictions revealed in seemingly inconsequential remarks emphasise Monroes basic dishonesty and corroborate the grift
They underpin the more serious questions Tattlers are asking.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
This housemate business is rum.
She has said on several occasions she is not allowed overnight guests. When someone asked why she didn't give the homeless ex serviceman a bed she said it then.
And they don't appear to contribute to household bills. Even though they have a job.
And they have supposedly been there since last year. All that while poor Jack unable to wash her hair 🙄

• Angry
  • Haha

HoopLaa

Long time lurker here...had one of her books bought for me years ago, tried some recipes that failed badly (the burgers don't stick together) - tried one recipe I loved (PBJ crumble) but was supposed to serve 10 and actually served 3. Something never sat right with me about her, and well here we are...

So if she is saying she works 100 hours a week (at least) and pays herself the living wage (the real one, not the pretend government one) of £9.90, then she's paying herself over £50k a year. I suspect that's why she makes such a big deal of these "triple figure" weeks, which she definitely includes 85 hours of arsing about on Twitter in.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
I hope she suddenly experiences an overwhelming urge to conquer one of her deepest fears this weekend, and we get a shaky cover of Candle In The Wind uploaded to YouTube.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Further to the very valid fundraising questions. Nothing sums up the absolute outrage of her opaque methods of fundraising more than the Ralf Little “but she gives it all to the Trussell Trust” or however he put it. Casual people (like the stupid squig replying to her about unnecessary flying on her day of the Dublin jaunt) really do think she is Saint Jackie giving all that cash to the respectable organisation that is Trussell Trust - who should be horrified and ashamed at being used as a shield and deflection for the personal grift.

Incidently - I have a very close family member that is a leftie lesbian chef 🔺and she rarely has the time or patience for tv cookery. She occasionally catches up with Great British Menu but the only one she watches every year is the Bake Off Professionals (Crème de la Crème as I think it was once called). She messaged me recently wowing over a couple of Nadias recipes she had caught by pure accident and thought they looked and sounded great! Further to this conversation, I asked her if she had heard of Jack Monroe - in relation to making a quick chilli with cooked tins of beans - and she had literally never heard of “him”. The moral of the story is, she really isn’t as well known as she thinks she is. Even with people you would think would have heard of her.

• Haha
  • Heart

That Forensic Man

VIP Member
Clue's in the name pal

firefox_7ERUlJVKsH.png

firefox_agEvJQZ1MN.png

firefox_FQpAriS12d.png

firefox_wjXLBLNo8H.png

firefox_tH1sUWoVPM.png

firefox_njo8yN22Vh.png

firefox_wQJhntQqI6.png

firefox_0oscJyOJQY.png

firefox_Nbf25znF9l.png

firefox_pRxHU80lWM.png

firefox_Ku2bY0sLOu.png

firefox_2Q13fpf1Sk.png

ETA more bootlicker cook mentions

firefox_HORTWq8tNt.png

firefox_pFYqrjiAxY.png

firefox_jwjzN9ERfy.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

g.m.j

Imagine the scene: I’m on a train, doing my marking (Law essay🔺) and along comes a wild mention of Monroe v Hopkins. Frau, I am shooketh. I was of course aware that this case happened, and existed but after spending so much time here, I had slightly forgotten that there was a world outside her Twitter. And more, that students might reference it. As you were, I’ve not caught up - this is likely irrelevant.

• Haha
  • Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
What does she mean? The energy companies control the wholesale price? Or that PMs are secretly all given cash by the energy companies?

Never underestimate jack's ability to present complicated situation as if it's easy as pie to fix. Sure it may go viral on twatter, but who is this reductive stuff helping? It unnecessarily stokes up fear and resentment to no one's benifit other than jack with the more followers + cash donations.

Screenshot_20220909_202711.jpg

Even the worst most out of touch MP spends more time meeting people at the coal face than jack ever has.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 65