Jack Monroe #390 Jack just behaves strangely in a bungalow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hang on, wasn't she just supposed to be going to dublin for lunch and back the same day?

if she's only just got there, it's a bit past lunchtime...
*Half a million Dublin sofas hide under a mat.*

Reactions: 26
This is incredibly well put. You’ve managed to articulate exactly what I feel - particularly about that condescending Tory tenet of pulling oneself up by the bootstraps. And it’s not just condescending, it’s downright offensive to suggest to people (many of whom have endured real hardships) that she pulled herself up by the bootstraps when she seemingly had a very comfortable, middle class upbringing. Of course, she denies that now. I think I even read something about her poor Bob Cratchett dad having to hitchhike to work and sharing tins of beans. WTAF.

It’s just one giant grift by someone who has never experienced real poverty. If she had, she would wouldn’t be suggesting ideas like using cut hair for fire lighters, washing spaghetti hoops and using removing your light bulbs. It’s actually quite mad when you really think about it.

Reactions: 53
@GrannyOgg, not sure if it's relevant to your timeline, but Jack spoke about the Lee Anderson thing during the Tortoise interview. Starts at 11.02 on the timestamp.

Reactions: 27
No required?
BORING

https://giphy.com/26ufnwz3wDUli7GU0

ETA I'm torn between being amazed she actually imposed herself on Dublin (and that pub in particular, poor sods) and refusing to believe she's actually there

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
I've just watched the mug pasta recipe and she says you can pierce the clingfilm with a sharp fingernail if you're 'one of those people'. One of what people? Goblins?

Reactions: 98
Favourited them Jenny Numbers. I’ll have a look through when I’ve time and see what I can put together. You are absolutely my favourite Frau.
I really hope to be able to prove she promised to give PayPal donations To charity if not used on a court case. The tweet on Lozzas timeline might be enough but let’s see what else I can find x

The youtube comments are so good
Brilliant. She says she has instructed her lawyer and Anderson and others have been sent letters asking for an apology. As far as I’m aware there’s been no apology forthcoming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
I don’t know what’s more annoying in that tortoise interview - her nasal voice which goes wobbly when she talks about austerity or the focal length of the camera so that she’s blurry and the books behind her are in sharp relief.

And I’m amazed she’s made it to Dublin when she was so worried about her two friends in ICU she hasn’t slept for 3 nights and last night she was sleeping on a sofa with no pillows or blanket but a massive dog.

Makes you think.

Reactions: 75
Cheers @GrannyOgg

There is no way on earth that Fox and Daubney will back down and I wouldn't be surprised if they've agreed to look after Anderson in terms of fees as he's potentially the weakest link in terms of coming under pressure from his party to drop it and knowing he's at risk of not being re-elected come 2024 so might see it as worth settling for financial reasons. Reclaim seems to be pretty well financed and they'd easily raise funds were they to go down the crowdfunder route. There's a lot of money in online culture warring. I strongly suspect she's lying about the letters but we shall see. She has until May 13th 2023 to take action, so if the silence continues after that date we'll know nothing came of it. From memory I think it was just one tweet soliciting paypal donations but I could be wrong.

Reactions: 35
It's weird that she can cope with a bar but gets offended when she receives emails about alcohol.

Reactions: 76
They remind me of Sims who set the kitchen on fire with a can of baked beans

Reactions: 25
Unless I was in a fuge state and imagined the whole thing (entirely possible, it’s been a long few months in the Jackiverse), an intrepid frau has actually made a Pumble and posted the most glorious step by step.

ETA I have found the glory that was @colouredlines pumble-along

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
Part of a thread on Edwina Currie:

I think she and Jack have a lot more in common than they’d both like to think.

ETA Edwina has QTed asking for proof. Of her own published words. Someone needs to do genetic testing because she and Jack are clearly related down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.