Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well if you’re so passionate about the content of books SB is reading and supposedly always have been 🤔, then part of co-parenting would be to be aware of every books content and to make dad aware of this. FGS she could just watch the tv adaptations if she didn’t have time to read them. I know how BUSY she is obvs 🙄

A bit louder for us at the back View attachment 173400
Yeah just quote this back to her next time someone slightly has a different factual opinion about one of her recipes/Tv appearances/attitude towards cream teas. See what her response is then!! FFS yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but what she unleashed last night, wasn’t just an opinion 😡

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
This is the thread:
I’m by no means defending men, especially not sex offenders, but surely she knows that tweeting a list of men’s names is the last thing you can actually do? This sadly must all be for show, yet again?

Look at the Bercow Twitter case where she made a joke about “oh why is he trending 😳” in regards to p*do allegations, not even out and out saying “this man is a n*nce FYI x” and she got done for it! Even accounts retweeting it got done, down to the teeny tiny couple a hundred followers who he allowed to settle for a £25 charitable donation! He came for everyone & the law fully backed him!

I don’t agree with it personally, but she too has been part of legal history in setting these civil court action precedents so she MUST know what can and cannot fly online! You don’t get to pick and choose what parts of libel law you adhere to sadly, or for which Twitter users, even if the men you’re discussing are horrid and deserve the very worst in the world happening to them!

Also she wants to be careful slinging mud like this cos the last thing she wants is a load of solicitors & accountants digging into her assets and earnings and publishing their findings 👀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Omg, I can’t get pulled into this today as I’ve got so much work to do this morning (as I’m taking a few hours off this afternoon for a trip to the hairdressers to sort out my lockdown hair 😊), but just look at the irony in this post from one of her sycophants 🤢😡So wish they could see the Emperor’s clothes that Jack parades around in 🙄
8E22E9FE-D560-4877-ACAF-72016554AE87.jpeg

Plus one of her brigade has veered onto DW site. Pile on beginning?? I so hope DW doesn’t reply, but has quietly been taking screenshots of all her bile from last night, and has requested a meeting with his lawyer today. All being quiet will probably give Jack the confidence to continue and then whammy the legal team swoop in 🙏🙏
354851C8-47CC-4C69-A621-F5B8DDF89C8C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
"I'm so calm it's almost terrifying sometimes"

I adore this quote, it's hilarious. Does she truly think she's calm? I mean, terrifying is 100% accurate but does she look at her sudden, seemingly random attack on David Walliams which turned into a threat of a #MeToo list and think "ahhhh so chilled"??

Am now wondering this morning whether the vicious attack on David Walliams, followed by a seemingly unrelated but also furious launch of a #MeToo signifies anything? Is she insinuating David Walliams is on her list? Perhaps that is the assumption she is hoping people will come to?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I think she’s deleted the ones which she could get sued on. I hope that his team have seen it.

Reactions: 19
I think she’s deleted the ones which she could get sued on. I hope that his team have seen it.
As of a few mins ago the only ones I believe have been deleted are the hoover gif one and the one where she said he ‘ripped’ other peoples stuff. Annoyingly she branched off into so many threads that it’s hard to keep track.

Reactions: 15
I wonder what on earth tipped her so over the edge last night? It can't have just been a DW book, it can't, surely? No one is that sensitive, and if they were, they'd be paying more attention to what their child was reading.

I admit to be being pretty lax about what my daughter reads. Her reading level is a good few years older than 10, but that's veering into Y/A territory, which a lot just isn't quite appropriate, and she's not interested in anyway. She still enjoys reading things geared towards her actual age, so not really stretching her, but she likes them. Reading should be about pleasure at her age. We've already fitted in chats about Enid Blyton, Laura Ingalls Wilder etc and how things have changed, what's no longer considered ok and that's enough for now.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Does this actually work? I have very bad post partum hair loss and looking for anything that will help
It is widely recommended for sparse manes

a friend with stress hair issues used it on herself and it appears to be successful

how ever correlation is not causation and the plural of anecdote is not data

also without a control who knows what would have happened anyway ? However it is popular for manes

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't know about anyone else, but to me swearing is an act of aggression, so even if the person swears in a calm Voice they are still using aggressive language. I know some people use it as part of their vocabulary but I generally find these people to be quite frustrated and generally angry.

I don't swear very often at all, I usually only do it if I am at the end of my tether or really fed up with someone's attitude.

Those tweets scream angry to me, if someone was directing those messages to me, I'd be asking them what I had done to offend them, part from be more successful in a writing career.

I think she was totally out of order to jump on him like that, ok she thinks his books are drivel. I do too and I haven't bought any of them for my son, but if he does want to read them I will let him. I am avid reader and I have read most of the classics as well as some absolute shite in my time. She needs to wise up and stop feeling disgruntled because people regardless of their back ground are doing better than her. I know you claim to work super hard already but if you want to do better my advice would be to work harder.

Reactions: 26
Just caught back up. Desperately tried to stay awake last night, last week I had awful insomnia and sleep finally caught up with me. Which is wonderful, but inconsiderate of Jack to wait till last night to kick off, I could have done with that entertainment on previous nights 😂

I just don't know what to say. She's an idiot and so are her followers. I can't believe the amount of tweets suggesting she's justified to say these things as it's her opinion, her claiming it's nothing he hasn't heard before and she hadn't tagged him so basically it's fine. And yet what we discuss here makes us evil trolls and worthy of being sued?! How can she not see the hypocrisy?!

Well I think we can rest easy that she clearly has no bleeping idea when it comes to libel. Hope she gets comeback for all of this and don't get me started on her peppering her tweets with sexual assault claims.
She's a nob. Quite simply a nob.

Because Jack so readily accepts criticism... Ah I can't read her Twitter anymore, these people are making my brain ache! 😩
Screenshot_20200706-074127.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I am no Walliams fan but he did not write little Britain alone he wrote it with the bald headed bloke who's name has left me. I never liked it personally but it was quite popular during its time. Ok it's now been pulled for offensive material and quite rightly but it wasn't just him who wrote those things. Alot of comedians if you look at their work use the shock factor and are normally very un pc because unfortunately/ fortunately dependent on how you want to look at it, it gets them laughs. He also done some amazing charity work in his time so not all bad, I don't think.

I mean didn't he swim the channel. That's impressive in it own right. She needs to learn to pipe down and stop being so bitter because no one is paying her all of the attention.

My guess is that SB has come back from a lovely fun weekend at his dad’s and his mum is jealous. Dad has bought him a new book and they’ve been busy while she’s been on her own with kitten.
I’m only on page 28/36, sorry if this has been said in the interim.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Well, none of us on this forum own tit books by weedy little cunts who can't bleeping cook
I own A Girl Called Jack. Tbh I do use the aubergine curry and gigantes plaki recipes occasionally, albeit with various alterations. I initially backed her Kickstarter (can't remember the title now) but after seemingly endless delays and rare-but-snotty updates, she posted something a bit flouncy along the lines of "FINE, if you're all so impatient and heartless I'll refund your BLOODY PLEDGES" - I took that at face value and got a refund, thus no book for me! (I seem to remember the Kickstarter Edition of that book was to have black-and-white hand-drawn illustrations by JM, whereas the retail edition had professional colour photography. I know which version I think would offer more bang for one's buck...)

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.