Jack Monroe #388 Even @3ssex Police are laughing at her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus as most have already mentioned, she had wealthy and *supportive* parents who would have happily looked after her and the kid, helped her get work and given her advice and love when she was in difficult circumstances. A lot of single mothers in that situation would have none of that, and would end up living through genuine poverty without anything to fall back on. I just can't be bothered with idiotic privileged people who put themselves through a parody of the real suffering people go through every day, just to be more 'real' (gag)... or in Jack's case, adolescent stubbornness. It's like her 'poverty period' was a phase for her; a belated teenage rebellion to show her parents she didn't need them??

It's not just Jack, it's practically a part of the culture in some circles now. It's like barely anybody who campaigns to end poverty has actually experienced it, and the people with the power to create change refuse to acknowledge real oppression and inequality. Unless it's going to get them money or a new slot on a show, obviously. In a recession with even high earners starting to feel the bite of inflation, do we really need more rich people swanning about, acting like they know how the majority feel??
This is me, I'm that single mother. This is why I despise Jack, because she has no idea about generational poverty. Jack thinks because she willingly went a year with little food on benefits that she's hard done to. Jack try 9 years love. Jack absolutely could have went to her parents or her son’s father. What was all that about being homeless when her parents are wealthy!? Bollox Jack. Go to Middlesbrough speak with the single mothers there, that's what you call inescapable poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Link doesn’t work for me but it’s my fault not yours. My iPad hates Facebook with a g vengeance.

In trying to find it, I found this article: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/toda...e-fight-for-the-world-he-believed-in-8188474/

Which is basically Jack saying that she’s really sorry that she didn’t bother with Harry even though he asked her to. Now he’s dead and she‘s really sad.
Hello, if you search Jack Monroe on FB, it'll come up with a sidebar to the left of the screen. Select posts. It'll reload. It'll then give you an option of 'Date from', 2019 is the year you need, and a bit of scrolling through and it'll be there.

There's a few old posts amongst the years, a lot of guff though. She got cockier past 2014 for sure.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Also, whilst it's quiet. Here's a video of Jack reading at a memorial service in 2019, for Harry Leslie Smith. She nearly shared a stage with Jeremy Corbyn but he LEFT that stage before she came marching in at 26.45. She admits she didn't bother writing anything, even though she's a LITERAL writer, so reads a bit of Harry's book instead. Kevin Maguire from The Mirror is presenting the event.

Harry's son is another grifter, exploiting his dad while he was alive and now exploiting his memory for sweet, sweet gofundme.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
An environment with compulsory drug and alcohol tests could be good for her. But if she can’t cope with driving and finds it causes panic attacks, is train driver a sensible choice. Incidentally fire officer recruitment requirements include a driving license so no idea how the rumours she was going to be a firefighter have any truth.
She said recently that she was a retained firefighter at some point and would like to return to it. As far as I'm aware retained firefighters have exactly the same requirements as regulars. Make of that what you will 🥰.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
LJC is probably SB's favourite among the revolving door of Jack's partners.
I really hope it is true he still sees LJC. I know I would have liked to have kept contact with some of my dad's girlfriends, but that was before social media. Career wise, she went from Three Counties radio to central BBC then to C4. I genuinely feel for her, having been involved in the car crash of JM life. I think she was just naive and got carried away. The rehab / BB eras suggest she did try to do the right thing.

I think the flat has been purchased off plan so is a new build. The times are about right, as are knowing the dimensions of the kitchen. Maybe the parents property company bought a few early doors and will sell on to her. It'll take under a week to work out the floor plan from her tweets.

Met a 9 month old version of Content at the local hostelry last night. Was massive but very soft / silly. Reminded me why I like cats, they are far less demanding!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think she will squeeze every last penny out of every income stream for as long as she can. Personally I am under no illusions. If the patreon income goes -- wow - under £ 500 a month it's free money. Worth having for doing bugger all. The PayPal is still open. I bet she's still getting money from that.
She's collecting coin for doing what she does. Nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Whatever happened with all those jobs that Jack was applying for? Or am I confused. I thought Jack was applying g for hundreds of jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It's such a random job to mention- does Jack think she can do it because she's been on a lot of trains??
She once announced she would like to work in a pupil referral unit! Can you imagine, Jack who can't stand the mildest bit of criticism? 😳

She has such a lack of self awareness.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I’m almost almost at a point where I’m feeling sorry for Jack. The criticism must feel relentless at the moment.

But then I remember either her son is living in a house with no shampoo, hot water or light bulbs; or she’s pretending he is, and I’m all “Nah, she’s just a bleep
It's awful isn't it? She can do her performative being poor all she likes, I couldn't care less, but she has a child living with her for most of the time, according to her.
Her dog gets chicken breasts and broccoli for a delicate stomach, she can bugger off to Dublin on a whim, yet she won't run to shower gel and shampoo for her son.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Since its quiet, I'll do my origin story.

Vaguely knew about Jack for yonks through Martin Lewis, but I don't watch TV and didn't bother actually reading the cheap recipes he recommended in emails. Started following her on twitter this year when I went through my old school's alumni and realised she was a WHSG old girl too (same sort of time, but I have no gossip, different years/circles) - saw a few things that made me go 'hmmm', then the fridge cost of running thing made me think she was... Well, an idiot. Certainly not someone who's been paying electricity bills for the past 18 years. Or paying attention in science lessons. Or ever lived in a tiny flat with a fridge in their living room, hearing the compressor flick on and off.

Did a general search, found you guys, spent days, many days, getting up to speed, being generally horrified, and deciding if I wanted to I join you. I did.

Long moved away from Essex (couldn't afford to stay!), so unlikely to be able to contribute much that's unique - but hey. I worked as a line cook for a few years, but am currently a disabled housewife.

Have a productive day.

• Heart
Reactions: 116
She once announced she would like to work in a pupil referral unit! Can you imagine, Jack who can't stand the mildest bit of criticism? 😳

She has such a lack of self awareness.
She really does. I've had involvement with an off site school unit (not a PRU) for secondary school kids who are struggling for a wide variety of reasons at the main school site. She would be absolutely torn apart, in all respects (I don't want you dead Jack, it's just reality) in a PRU. I know there are very experienced teacher Fraus of many years here that have said they couldn't do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m trying to relive the Tottenham riots but it’s all interviews with JHB and Little Owen Jones (murderer status: unknown) what next, Jack on salvaging go charred tins of tomatoes from the burning shops and calling it free hot soup?

ETA it’s on C5, if anyone else wants to see middle class wankers moaning about looting

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.