Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if someone has already said this:. The postcards were a sudden spur of the moment invention called "thrifty shades of beige". Postcards celebrating beige food.

She announced it with much rattling and fanfare. People signed up

Then it was never mentioned again

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I’m 🍾🦉at the idea of some one who’s forgotten they are even paying for her patreon suddenly receiving a huge box of beige postcards randomly in the post

• Haha
Reactions: 79
Wasn't there another 'Thing' she was writing, see you on the other side, and then she popped up in Pontins?

Something about the price cap, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Apologies if someone has already said this:. The postcards were a sudden spur of the moment invention called "thrifty shades of beige". Postcards celebrating beige food.

You mean like freezer tapas?

• Haha
Reactions: 27

I’m trying to remember what the reason for it was, did that man or someone talk about healthy eating or something and she reacted. There are squiggs who have been waiting for the black pudding McNuggets for years now

• Haha
Reactions: 28
C245D3EB-77BB-4256-A608-B1324356450B.jpeg

Where’s Head in a Jar Jack when you need her?
50B8E58C-915E-45AD-A579-576A83AF11E6.jpeg
ETA sweary spoiler. Click w care

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Prepare yourself, I'm going to give it to you straight. There are no postcards. You may wonder how something that doesn't exist can be both high quality and double-sided, but that's the genius of it!
Well I am shocked to my very core!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think she was quite sneaky about the postcards. The way she phrased it, it could be read that only new subscribers, from the point of the beige announcement, would be eligible for the postcards.

• Wow
I'm not strictly commenting on how much i still have to grunk, but is it ok to say I want to cry upon getting to 383 and discovering there's already 11 pages of 384?

jack, please stop posting!

fraus, please, i beg! i love you, but please stop posting!

go well my loves. pray for me 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I don’t think the Thrifty Shades of Beige ones were ever more than a thought in her head but the £7 tier promised 3 art postcards a month.
Here they are: https://jackmonroe.bigcartel.com/category/art

Obviously that‘s only 15 so you’d probably get some bowls of slop held by grubby hands added to the haul if she ever sent them

• Haha
  • Sick
Am gutted I just checked when mine is due for delivery but back when I PRE ORDERED IT IN MAY I had a different card registered and for some reason it didn’t switch so I’ve just had to update and now needing to wait til Saturday
It's lovely. Well worth the wait. Obviously That Man is getting all up in her niche AGAIN 🙄 with lots of cheap recipes, veggie/vegan ones and a section on batch cooking with meal recommendations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Can I buy one for my front door to stop cold callers please ..probably stop any poltergeist from enter either tbh 😬
I'd buy one but it would terrify my children and I think my OH would seek.am intervention for me

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm not strictly commenting on how much i still have to grunk, but is it ok to say I want to cry upon getting to 383 and discovering there's already 11 pages of 384?

jack, please stop posting!

fraus, please, i beg! i love you, but please stop posting!

go well my loves. pray for me 🙏

You've got a lot of postcards to add to Jack's list of coming soons :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Brace yourself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Jack, I can see that you are struggling with this, so I wrote it out for you. You can have it for free.

Dear patrons and supporters,

As of today, I am closing my Patreon. I am so very sorry, but I am not able to meet the obligations I set for myself. I know that I owe many of you recipe cards, discount codes, and other goods and services. I will be in touch with you individually to discuss what, if anything, I can do to make you whole. Unfortunately, I will not be able to refund any money, as I have spent it.

I am also removing my tip jar link to PayPal. I do not wish to be transparent about my finances or income, so I realize that it is unfair and manipulative to expect people to simply give me money when there are so many others in greater need. Furthermore, I will not be accepting tips through Twitter.

I will be monetizing my blog/recipe site with ads. I will also provide a list of worthy causes and organizations that you may donate to if you wish. As for the VBI, I quite honestly have no idea when I'll be able to finish it. Again, I am truly sorry to those I have let down. I want to thank you for holding me accountable.

My hope is that from now on you will see me focused on centering others, those who truly need help. Shouting on Twitter isn't enough. I want to use my platform for real change. I hope you'll see great things from me. No more "behind the scenes" work--I want it all out in the open, the better to serve others.

Jack

• Heart
Reactions: 149
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.