Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Carbon Off Set Squig going to pay for the emissions from delivering that many postcards?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Jack, your face is melting or something

View attachment 1546846
I've finally got it...she looks like Anthony Hopkins playing Hannibal Lecter.

Boiler suit. Check.
Slicked back hair. Check.
Weird pose. Check.
Bizarre grin. Check.
Blank stare. Check.

I wonder if she's having Clarice around for a liver and chianti supper.

I haven't got the skill to do a side by side picture.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I’m still in Kryten curtain boilersuit days, hope I get insomnia so I can grunka

• Haha
Reactions: 34
How many patrons did she have back in November 2020?
If she had no patrons and now has say 720 (actual 736), with a steady increase in between that's 30 new per month
With nothing fulfilled and 3 postcards per patron per month she owes 22,770
First month 30 patrons 90 cards
Last month 720 patrons 2,160 cards

If anyone has the numbers I can put them in
ETA didn't see the 10 postcard tier, as above but if 10% are on those it's an additional 5,313, if 50% are it's 26,565 extra (so 28,083-49,335 total)
If she had a lot of subscribers in 2020 it's a lot more

The maffs gets even bigger if you have to work out the ones that joined and cancelled somewhere in there, they are still getting what they paid for aren't they Jack?
Tattle’s Patreon project didn’t start til Feb 2021 - probably because it had been 3 odd months since her last post - but churn wasn’t pretty consistently at 2-4% so you could try and estimate where she’d have been pretty easily, >350 would be a fair estimate imo? Graphtreon is newer than this project but you can see if they have the data over there.

97227AB3-ED16-4437-B1ED-4B37A4FFBEB1.png

As others have pointed out, making amends isn’t just do you want my bones to grind to DUST?? level defensiveness, you actually have to make things right by the other person, not just patch over it and pray you’ve got out of jail free. To do this it’d make her Patreon some sort of tit Ponzi scheme where the money coming in now is used to pay out old subscribers, and realistically can she afford to lose her primary income like that? She’d be better fessing up to it all before everything crashes down before her and she doesn’t even get booked by nice but dim JOB anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
‘What’s that noise?’ whispers Jan, the manager of Southend Post Office.

‘I’m not sure Jan, it’s loud though!’ shouts Kenneth, the local postie.

Kenneth’s eyes widen. Jan realises in horror what is happening.

It’s Jack Monroe and her 50,000 high quality, double sided post cards.

It’s too late for Jan and Kenneth, they have been buried beneath the high quality, double sided postcards. There’s no way to escape.

‘I HAVE ADHD!!!!!!!’ screams Jack.

The post office was closed, permanently, shortly after the incident.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
I've finally got it...she looks like Anthony Hopkins playing Hannibal Lecter.

Boiler suit. Check.
Slicked back hair. Check.
Weird pose. Check.
Bizarre grin. Check.
Blank stare. Check.

I wonder if she's having Clarice around for a liver and chianti supper.

I haven't got the skill to do a side by side picture.
Hannibal Lecter was practically a vegan too

• Haha
Reactions: 43
🙏🏻 Please can someone do a 3x3 collage of all the things her picture has been compared to, with the original in the middle? 🙏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Surely she could do a special recipe thing via email or something for her Patreons? Better still would have been to do a meeting every now and then via zoom, could have spoken about matters close to everyone’s hearts, such as thrifty living and nightmeat etc, and she’d have made many of them very happy I’m sure. The postcards thing was never going to be feasible. She could do a live lucky dip draw for a few winners of postcards on her zoom meetings. There you go Jack, that’s some proper Patreon content for ya.

ETA: she would have made some real human connections there too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Using the same assumptions, I think the estimate of £72k (gross, before any Patreon deductions) taken since rewards were last provided is pretty accurate.
I mean holy tit. Why oh why did she not nix this in month 2 or 3 when she realised she couldn't fulfil it. Did she think people just wouldn't notice? And sorry I don't buy the ADHD excuse, the time this has gone on and escalated has been way too long.

Just to add this is the one thing that drew me in to start commenting here so no sympathy, but wow writing a long form on how you are boiling soap but you are sitting on these funds and all the other tip jar rattles, its is just WOW.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Number of followers changed quite a lot since last update in Nov 2020.

But for 2022 it’s been pretty consistent at just over 700. I reckon it’s over 10,000 postcards for 2022 alone.
What are the postcards *of* please?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.