Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many patrons did she have back in November 2020?
If she had no patrons and now has say 720 (actual 736), with a steady increase in between that's 30 new per month
With nothing fulfilled and 3 postcards per patron per month she owes 22,770
First month 30 patrons 90 cards
Last month 720 patrons 2,160 cards

If anyone has the numbers I can put them in
ETA didn't see the 10 postcard tier, as above but if 10% are on those it's an additional 5,313, if 50% are it's 26,565 extra (so 28,083-49,335 total)
If she had a lot of subscribers in 2020 it's a lot more

The maffs gets even bigger if you have to work out the ones that joined and cancelled somewhere in there, they are still getting what they paid for aren't they Jack?
I thought most of Jack's Paetron supporters were only paying £1 a month so not getting any postcsrds,- I am sure Jack said that, and will remember it when Jack starts crying about carrying 1,000s of postcards to the post office.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I've finally got it...she looks like Anthony Hopkins playing Hannibal Lecter.

Boiler suit. Check.
Slicked back hair. Check.
Weird pose. Check.
Bizarre grin. Check.
Blank stare. Check.

I wonder if she's having Clarice around for a liver and chianti supper.

I haven't got the skill to do a side by side picture.
With tinned fava beans?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Keeping up with the threads is practically a full time job, now I get where Jack calculates her 100 hour working week calculations.

Anyway, Mathsing.

Post cards come at the £7 tier, but I think it's a safe assumption that most subscribers are going to think it's worth paying the £3.50 up from the basic tier to get the goodies- post from your fav celebrity crook? bargain. She currently has 763 patreon subscribers, but that was up to 800 at some point.
Let's go with 750 just for simplicity. I know from my pals who have patreons (for cooking-related bits and bobs and actually deliver!) that most people will stump up the extra to get a physical object.
She has 6 tiers, so assuming an even split of patrons across all tiers, that's 83% of subscribers she'd need to do postcards for.
That's 622.5, let's say 622 people who need cards.
Rewards range from 3 to 10 cards depending on tiers.
3 postcards per person, that's between 1,866 and 6,220 cards a month she owes per month.
She hasn't delivered rewards since November 2020, which is 22 months.

Meaning she owes between 41,052 and 136,840 postcards.

I'm sure her local post office is thrilled by the news that during the postal strikes, Jack's going to be rocking up with her shopping trolley filled with tens of thousands of postcards and a shrug "ADHD amirght".
So sending individual postcards 2nd class (68p) and taking the midway point of 100,000 postcards means the postage alone comes to £680,000 £68,000 (thank you for correcting my terrible calculations @BlairWaldorf86

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I thought most of Jack's Paetron supporters were only paying £1 a month so not getting any postcsrds,- I am sure Jack said that, and will remember it when Jack starts crying about carrying 1,000s of postcards to the post office.
She's broken her gifted shopping too!

She'll send SB to do it for some pocket money.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh yes!!!

Seriously, how do you guys keep up with ALL THE LIES?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That's a very good point. She doesn't have much, if anything to 'sort out' then does she 🤔?

Reactions: 23
Am gutted I just checked when mine is due for delivery but back when I PRE ORDERED IT IN MAY I had a different card registered and for some reason it didn’t switch so I’ve just had to update and now needing to wait til Saturday
Ha! Me too! 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What are the postcards *of* please?!
Prepare yourself, I'm going to give it to you straight. There are no postcards. You may wonder how something that doesn't exist can be both high quality and double-sided, but that's the genius of it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I’ve finally caught up properly and want to add my voice to those of the other actually diagnosed ADHD/ASD Frauen who are cringing at the very thought of letting so many people down for so long. I won’t be the only one who, if I was failing to deliver on something I’d promised, would simply vanish/go to ground instead of publicly twatting about on Twitter. I’d be too ashamed and feel sick at letting people down - I wouldn’t be posting constantly online looking for back-pats, I wouldn’t be tweeting everything that came into my head, I certainly wouldn’t be broadcasting a one-night stand to half a million people, and I wouldn’t be ignoring good faith questions. I’d be lying awake at night anxiously hoping nobody asked me anything and during the day would be working furiously to actually deliver what I’d promised.

It’s not an ADHD trait to completely let people down whilst simultaneously and very publicly acting in ways that very strongly indicate you have no shame about that whatsoever. That’s a bleep trait. Nothing to do with ADHD.

It’s deeply offensive that she’s weaponising it as an excuse, and it’s actively harmful to all of us who actually work incredibly bleeping hard to overcome our invisible barriers every bleeping day. People are going to read her “waaaah poor me it’s my ADHD making me act like a bleep” posts and will go away thinking that ADHD means someone will be as tit as Jack. When, in reality, and especially in the “professional” workplace, we’re often conscientious to the point of becoming neurotic and anxious about our work being high quality and on time. And we have to overcome people’s stereotyped views of our abilities which Jack has just reinforced by using ADHD as an excuse.

Jack, every time I think you can’t sink to a new low, you manage to go lower. Using harmful stereotypes of ADHD as an excuse for your actual laziness and crapness is sooooo damn low.

• Heart
Reactions: 121
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.