Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been a silent observer of these threads for AGES but have finally been galvanised into registering because I am absolutely appalled that she continues to be so hideously aggressive to people who are blindly supporting her and her ongoing social media car crash. Where does she get off being so snide? She assumes malicious intent at every single corner.

I'm not sure any other 'national treasure' would get away with it. Does all the poverty cosplay really negate being a prick?

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Bollocks to the idea he likes being called Small Boy, no twelve year old ever likes to be thought of or seen as younger than they are. If he has said he likes it it’s because he’s the child of a dysfunctional parent and that’s what they do, they become people pleasers because they’re afraid of what happens when they express a desire which is contrary to their parent’s desire.
I asked my fourteen year old how she’d hypothetically feel if I started using her room as a storage room and made her share my bed. Her response was that she’d be horrified, especially at the thought of sharing my bed, and couldn’t she at least sleep on the floor? This is exactly the reaction I’d expect from any young person put in that situation.
Unless it was to keep his mum happy and stable...😕

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I’d never watched her talking at the end of that video (due to an aneurysm) til today and it’s the most disturbing thing I’ve ever seen…worse than The Photo.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What also grates my mushrooms is the 'my ex hated this piece of clothing, now I feel like mysefl again'. It implies she was being forced to adopt her clothes to a certain style, without actually making the accusation. (Classic R of the VO in DARVO though, reversing the pattern of her as an abuser and her exes being subjected to it).

Reactions: 45
As Jack is such an environmentalist (the plane would be flying anyway) and had an article in the Guardian about Greta Thunberg (in which she talked not about the climate catastrophe but about Jack Monroe). Oh and 90% vegan -

Couldn't she just put one postcard online to save on tons of shiny cardboard?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Having spotted a few new Frauen on here, I wanted to give a quick PSA.

This is one of the friendliest, warmest, most compassionate corners of the internet I’ve ever come across (to clarify: these threads specifically; I’m scared of other parts of Tattle).

Tattle gets a rough deal from the media (no doubt fuelled by influencers who stoke the narrative), but I can assure you this thread is not the hissing cesspit people – including Jack – would have you believe. Nope, we just hold her to account and prop up that mirror.

These threads, and specifically the people who post on them, have provided me with solace in some of my darkest times. Even when things have just been too horrible, I can still get a nose-snort from the funnies on here, and the kindness of strangers is actually a bit mind-blowing.

Additionally, while we’re a funny bunch (not really including myself in here; I’ve got a GSOH but I don’t think it’s the level of others here), I would assure anyone that they shouldn’t be intimidated by that. Just enjoy it; no-one’s expecting anyone to crack out a line that has them spraying their Professor Peppy (other law-bending own brands are available) over the monitor.

Lastly, this is a smart part of Tattle. People with insight, life experiences, humour, wit, experience, and perspective. I have learned a lot in my two years here.

Lots of love to you all x

• Heart
Reactions: 157
There’s bound to be chat around not understanding fuel property so have been perusing JMs early books which suggest she never had fuel affordability issues… lots of cheap ingredients breads requiring lots of oven time … so far the worst fuel usage I can see is a single beetroot baked for 1hr15 in an oven https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2018/02/13/jacket-beetato-84p-vg-v-df-gf/?amp=1 “jack”et beetato 🤮 can anyone “beet” this
Coming from the past to say that if, as we suspect, Jack's oven is currently broken, it's the ONE TIME she could show a bit of authenticity and empathy with the poors. But no. I am starting to believe that she'd never use the actual truth to her advantage, just the main character tableaux she dreams up in her head.
Although having a broken oven in a rented property is surely the responsibility of the landlady? Make it make sense!

Reactions: 23
I’d never watched her talking at the end of that video (due to an aneurysm) til today and it’s the most disturbing thing I’ve ever seen…worse than The Photo.
The shaky pleading voice and intense stare down the lens of the camera gives the whole thing the look and feel of a hostage crisis.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
god, had not even realised this Dublin trip is going to bring out Oirish Jack (probably alreay discussed extensively).

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Although having a broken oven in a rented property is surely the responsibility of the landlady? Make it make sense!
If I'm not mistaken (I may be), the cooker is Jack's, she bought that specific model and it was quite pricey.

ETA it was a Chefmaster I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I'm guessing this has already been posted (I'm busy, m'kaaay?). But...In the BBC's One Pound dinners....there's not one by smol pixie. There's Rupy, Miguel, Chetna, Rachel Allen and others.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I’m confused 😕 can anyone help, as it might have been covered.

The bedroom thing. SB is in Jacks room so it can be used as a clutter sorting station. Why? Why move crap from one place to another? I walk around the house with a bag for life and pop things in it for the charity shop. No need to kick a child out of their room. And why does she feel they need to acclimatise to a 1 bed flat? And why would any sane parent with primary custody choose a one bed flat?

If SBs room is now clutter central what about the lean to, is it full? What’s happening to SBs bed? Is it just being unslept in so she can cosplay poor (I’m convinced the ouchy back from sleeping on sofa tweets will come, and eventually, a GFM for a bigger flat).

Or is it piled with shite? Why? Or is she selling it? If her bed is so great why doesn’t she sell that and let SB keep his room? WHY IS IT ALL SUCH PERFUNCTORY POOR PLAY?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Having spotted a few new Frauen on here, I wanted to give a quick PSA.

This is one of the friendliest, warmest, most compassionate corners of the internet I’ve ever come across (to clarify: these threads specifically; I’m scared of other parts of Tattle).

Tattle gets a rough deal from the media (no doubt fuelled by influencers who stoke the narrative), but I can assure you this thread is not the hissing cesspit people – including Jack – would have you believe. Nope, we just hold her to account and prop up that mirror.

These threads, and specifically the people who post on them, have provided me with solace in some of my darkest times. Even when things have just been too horrible, I can still get a nose-snort from the funnies on here, and the kindness of strangers is actually a bit mind-blowing.

Additionally, while we’re a funny bunch (not really including myself in here; I’ve got a GSOH but I don’t think it’s the level of others here), I would assure anyone that they shouldn’t be intimidated by that. Just enjoy it; no-one’s expecting anyone to crack out a line that has them spraying their Professor Peppy (other law-bending own brands are available) over the monitor.

Lastly, this is a smart part of Tattle. People with insight, life experiences, humour, wit, experience, and perspective. I have learned a lot in my two years here.

Lots of love to you all x
💯
I am a lurker turned poster. Only really been active for a few weeks but I can confirm I slid right in like slop off a shovel and have felt perfectly at home.

There really is genuine insight and emotional intelligence here, something I wish there was more of on twitter. There's also huge amounts of mutual respect which I think has created a place where people feel safe enough to share their often difficult stories. That's actually quite rare on social media these days.

That's my tuppence worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 102
What also grates my mushrooms is the 'my ex hated this piece of clothing, now I feel like mysefl again'. It implies she was being forced to adopt her clothes to a certain style, without actually making the accusation. (Classic R of the VO in DARVO though, reversing the pattern of her as an abuser and her exes being subjected to it).
I had a coat that my ex bleeping loathed. I think it caused him something close to physical pain at times which naturally I found quite funny and carried on wearing it because I am an adult and will not die if someone doesn't like my finery and besides he wore stuff I thought was boring, literally every single time he got dressed so it balanced itself out. The idea of sitting there after the event on Twitter going "my ex HATED this- look at me wearing it" is just bizarre. Then again I'm not trying to imply I've been abused in some way so you know *shrugs*. At this point Jackie is just a huge big red flag and I advise everyone to run- even you Bad Harold.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Jack now claiming The Jumpsuit is four years old!
She’s permanently ricocheting between feeling entitled to nice things so she can be part of the affluent media set and then remembering that her entire brand is based on being poor.

Plus sharing her entire life online then being outraged that people comment on it. It just goes on and on and on. She’s created a prison of her own inconsistencies.

I’m taking a break Frauen because I am EXHAUSTED! Much love to you ninnies

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Did we ever hear any more on The Burger King or are we to assume he was a snowflake of her imagination?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.