Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

moldwarp

VIP Member
Just wanted to put these two tweets side-by-side for .... reasons 😏

View attachment 1539295

View attachment 1539297
"He had a lot of support in the replies thank god"

This is such a devious response. I'm not sure why it's raising my hackles so much. Maybe because it feels like an abdication of responsbility for what she said by shucking it off to other people? Even though she encourages her FMs to shit on people?

I don't know but that response makes me feel quite ill and quite angry. There's something nasty and disingenuous about it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 76

Cack_Conroe

I'm interested in the 'JM isn't working class' discourse and I'd like to ask Fraus whether they think class is more material (ie you might come from a middle class upbringing and have whatever education credentials but no support network means you're struggling month to month on rent/groceries is working class) or cultural (ie coming from a working class background, distinct 'working class' taste preferences vs 'upper or middle class' preferences, what you spend money on, income is less important)
On twitter sometimes I see people pointing to JM's upbringing alone as proof that Jack can't be working class. I'd more say that it's because Jack has a (minor) celebrity profile, brand deals, books, is invited to talks etc. so claiming they struggle materially to a point of working class-ness is pretty baseless.
Also the Karl stuff made me so sick. Hope everyone is ok x
I think it’s both.

I don’t buy that you can’t change class, so even if Jack’s upbringing was working class, her being a well paid minor celebrity for the past decade would negate that, as would her current lifestyle and interests. I think it has to be a long term change or circumstances though.

Whaf I find interesting is that most people have a mixture of social class traits and characteristics, and are not purely stereotypical. Yet Jack is so obviously middle class in every possible way. I can’t even think of a single trait of hers that is in any way associated with the working class. Background, family, beliefs, politics, clothing style, accent, attitudes, snobbery, interests, housing etc all scream middle class.

The true marker is did she benefit from her class? Yes, and there is tangible evidence.

There’s an insta post on this thread that shows Jack got her big break after a friend put her in touch with a journalist who was looking for a skint mum at Xmas feature:

The media is a middle class industry, so connections only come from being middle class.

She also has the accepted celebrity “woke” beliefs that are common among middle class leftists, and compulsory among famous people unless setting out to be a token right winger.

She is given much more empathy and leeway for her terrible parenting and alleged alcoholism than a working class woman would have been. Imagine if Kerry Katona had ended up skint after the Jungle, then left her children starving because she was too ashamed to ask for help? Or if she claimed her kids had to check if she was still alive after witnessing her alcoholic stupors? Or was laughing about her 10 year old child’s stained underwear? Or any of the other nasty or neglectful things that Jack claims to have inflicted on her child. A working class woman would have been shamed into oblivion for Jack’s mothering skills.

She is also given the benefit of the doubt for her intentions. A working class woman would immediately be suspected of grifting, whereas Jack has carried on under the radar for a decade. Imagine if Kerry Katona - after coming out as skint and having starving kids - was still claiming to be on the brink of starving years later, and constantly rattling her tip jar. She would be treated as a feckless alcoholic drinking her money away.

KK would not be defended like Jack is from setting up bogus crowdfunders to buy her own book for “charity”, or raking it in from Kickstarter and Patreon and giving nothing. KK would also be treated like a laughing stock if she lied as much as Jack and if she publicly displayed Jack’s level of ineptitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Is it slowly softly gradually occuring to her that being an absolute cunt online, and encouraging it amongst her followers can have serious consequences?
Karl openly stated his health conditions, but many others, who Jack and her trolls lay into with abandon don't. Is her treatment of them 'a horrible horrible mistake' too? Or is that OK? If so why?

• Heart
Reactions: 75

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
I think that apology is the result of a family member getting in touch with her, either her Mum or Dad. The language used (which looks like it was provided to her) seems like something that a parent, rather than a work contact, such as her agent would say.

The telling part for me was "I truly feel very ashamed of myself."

That's a parent telling a naughty kid that they should feel ashamed of themselves due to their bad behaviour.

• Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
How the hell is she going to numerous meetings per week AND her son is only at his Dad's a couple of nights a week? Obviously I know it's a MOO POINT.
As the vile bullies of the internet robbed SB of his dream summer job managing my Twitter, I have appointed him the chair of AA for the South East England region instead.

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
This is the headmaster dude that Jack piled onto a year and a half or so ago?

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 14.17.14.png

Surely the point is not how she handles it afterwards, but that it's still happening at all?

• Wow
  • Heart

NellieBoo

VIP Member
Another therapist had gifted her a rubber ring with the words "in case of a Bad Harold".
I've watched BBC 4 documentaries of people trekking over vast continents making less of a fuss than Jack trying to cover up her true self hideous tweets with her yomp to AA. Michael Palin never subjected us to this nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 74

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
Fuck off Jack. Leave Courtney alone. The shit about dressing in fishnets totally contradicts everything else you have said about what you wore and why you wore it as a teen. And you don't understand the lyrics. although you do want to be the girl with the most cske

And why the coy little * in sex? If Jack is playing former sex worker hoping the daily mail will pick it up as a distraction for present day cunt, it won't work. She has tried it before, and no one is interested.

However telling a man with LDs to fuck off less than 12 hours after appearing on radio 4 to cry about vulnerable people, that is news worthy.

• Heart
  • Haha

Boyo

VIP Member
So it’s all Courtney Love’s fault then? Why of course

(She’s out of her tree)
I know it’s early. I do. But surely “It’s all Courtney Love’s fault” has to be a thread title nomination. I just made a little noise in a public area when I read it 😂

• Haha
K
I've said it here before but: Don't let Jack ruin anything for you.

Whether that is the work of a blue ticker under her spell, eucalyptus trees, crafting, Hole, golden doodles, Saaaarfend, the Edinburgh Book Festival, Bombay Bad Boby pot noodles, Cotswold sideboards or hamburger shaggathons. Don't let her ruin it for you.

She's awful, but not all that she touches has to become tainted.
I'd also like to say to my fellow fraus in recovery, do not let her steal your sobriety from you. She's not worth it. (Yes I was tempted to have a drink as one of the chaoses unfolded, then I thought fuck her and didn't. Yay me.)

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I find it interesting that her supporters on Twitter are so weak in their reasons for support. There’s never specific examples of how she helped it just ShE DOeS GooD LeaVE Her ALOne
This person actually wrote this without an ounce of sarcasm. It's bizarre.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 08.46.13.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72