Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lazarus

VIP Member
The response to the Karl thing:
She admits to checking peoples bio’s before responding to them. She’s basically saying she normally is calculating enough to target who to unleash her shit and her FM’s onto.
In this instance she got it wrong and didn’t check Karl’s bio first otherwise she wouldn’t have done this.
If Karl was still the person he is, but didn’t share details of his personal life or conditions in his bio, she would have gone for him. That’s basically what she’s saying here.
i don’t use Twitter, but if I did, I wouldn’t make mention of my >2 decade eating disorder or my PTSD. does that mean it’s my fault if I’m attacked by her for not sharing enough information for her to declare I’m a un/safe person to attack?

as with everything she does, she thinks of herself first and foremost. I wouldn’t dream of sharing those details on my bio, it doesn’t make me fair game for attack.
TLDR; she’s a dangerous hag.

• Heart
Reactions: 104

Semi_literate_bot

I hope it had cooled her heels a bit, perhaps she will be nicer today, doubtful.
Screenshot_20220830-120548_Twitter.jpg

In the same breath as 'apologising' to Karl, she was continuing to contribute towards the pile on of another squig who dared to call her rich. He currently has almost 300 replies from FMs calling him all sorts ranging from a waste of oxygen to a pedophile 😡

Screenshot_20220830-120720_Twitter.jpg

So yeah, doubtful indeed.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 104

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
Karl is my aneurysm. Not just because of who brave, determined not to go quietly, Karl is but because there have been thousands of Karl’s who just aren’t necessarily disabled or living in a care home. Little accounts who don’t get noticed but who are left reeling from an attack from Jack and those dreadful creatures who follow her around. An attack that can go on for days if they have offended badly enough.
Having said that, there’s been a sea change. Last nights dreadful carry on happened on Jacks own timeline with every single one of her follows able to see it and form their own opinions.
There’s less talk now of evil tories or GC monsters out to take Jack down, now it’s the puritanical left demanding impossibly high standards of the smol poverty princess.
Last night damaged her, it’s another nail in her coffin but at the expense of a vunerable and actually very bright man. It doesn’t feel worth it.
One last thing, I will never ever feel sorry for Jack Monroe again, my sympathy is all for her victims

• Heart
Reactions: 103

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-08-30 13.36.40.png

Really, everyone on Twitter should just tweet Jack Monroe is rich and then mute all responses and let the FMs rant away.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Welcome back to another late night with Mx Monroe. Toot Toot!

Congrats to @ChaosCEO winning thread title competition with @elepal nominating you. You both get a totally sincere apology off Jack. Atone!

Jack went real nasty towards a well meaning squig and the FMs took it to a new depth. Wasn't nice. Jack has now made an apology but it's not her fault ok?! She is being harassed and was at a meeting and IT'S NOT HER FAULT.

Here's hoping we don't get another midnight burger munch. No thank you.

Please help with recaps!

Go and touch some grass, pals.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100

NellieBoo

VIP Member
Jack has been up and awake tweeting utter nonsense for days with little or no breaks. But apparently 'went to take a meeting' at AA and had 'no access' to her phone for the precise period that a man with very clear, complex issues had a barrage of vile abuse targeted towards him. She has Google alerts set up. Really makes you think.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

moldwarp

VIP Member
My read of the Jack grammar school situation is that she arrived in year 9 full of her own importance and assured of her utter beauty and brilliance and then just couldn’t hack it. Which doesn’t surprise me as she has a bad attitude and doesn’t like to be told. This led to some sort of breakdown and then rebellion and she’s basically been doing that ever since. She feels she can’t live up to her (very admirable) parents so has decided to make it her life’s work to embarrass them instead. And she’s done very well.

All you Fraus are being so intelligent and insightful this evening. I’m especially enjoying the posts on class. In my view class is a mixture of occupation, income, generational wealth, education, parents education and culture. I understand the ‘proximity to power’ theory of class but I don’t agree with it as it’s all a bit postmodern and foucauldian for me.

I can’t stress how much of a difference it makes of your parents did A Levels, went to uni and own a house. I grew up WC immigrant to a single mum who’d done none of those things but due to luck and scholarships i got an extremely good education. Occupationally im MC now but culturally and In sociopolitical outlook I believe I still have marked WC immigrant traits. The transition from WC to MC was traumatic for me, I was leaving behind one culture whilst not fully fitting in with the other. CBA to go into detail rn as I prefer laughing at Jack but social mobility can be quite isolating imho. Even tho I’m also grateful for it. A previous Frau talked brilliantly about cultural capital and how knowing about cultural MC touch points helps you navigate those spaces. I didn’t know about those things and it made social spaces very hard to negotiate. Now I’m fortunate enough to be in a position where I can be myself and not care about embarrassing myself.

Jack is middle class. But more importantly, she is a dickhead. A status that is both classless and timeless.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

jenny2603

VIP Member
22k followers so not squigged.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 11.12.32.png

He also wasn't happy about Karl and has said that Jack should refund the Patreon. He's a writer and though this doesn't look like his thing, he's clearly taking an interest so we might see some more Twitter rather than an article from him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 94

moldwarp

VIP Member
Grunking and I know various Fraus have said this but I feel strongly as I have a relative with a TBI and know how vulnerable people with LDs and TBIs can be even if they are articulate and engaged:

That was NOT an apology. A REAL apology would have been on public Twitter to Karl (since she insulted him in public) and she would have addressed him by name and articulated exactly what she did wrong to show she understands what she did and why it was out of order. That in my view is how you relly say sorry - you articulate your wrong clearly and you give the other person the opportunity to say how it made them feel.

That's how the Big Book tells you to do it for Step 9. Don't boast about AA and your sobriety Jack without doing the do. You snivelling coward.

• Heart
Reactions: 94

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Her dad hitchhiking to his managerial position…. cos they were so poor? Is this before or after her mum had a Land Rover discovery? The Land Rover Discovery that was driven to holidays in Portsmouth - despite only EVER holidaying with ‘granny’ at an Irish caravan. Also, in her mum’s wide open Facebook, she comments about a fancy hotel in Cyprus that they’ve been going to for x amount of years for a month at a time, and it goes all the way back through the poverty to when Jack was a kid. Makes you think 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92

Pavlova

VIP Member
Something to liven your day.
My 77 year old mum on the phone last night piped up when we were chatting about food and said "oh, have you seen those fucking disgusting pictures of that girl rinsing spaghetti hoops in the internet.
"Pavlova, your dad might not have any teeth but I'd never feed him that pile of old shite.
"Is that what people are doing now?
Fuck me..."
Dear readers I had my aneurysm. Nor was I in any fit state to explain who Jacksie was either laughing so much 😁
I love my mum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
it was not a trauma response it was a spiteful unpleasant attack.
I DMed any I saw? This is so offensively and obviously untrue. It implies it was difficult to see any of her monkeys attacking Karl, but that she did her best to spot and rein them in.

And why would it ever be more practical to DM multiple people than to make a broad, blanket announcement to all your followers?

She didn't do it, but it's such a pointless lie anyway.

Why does she broadcast everything else to thousands, from her toilet habits to her one night stand, but expect people to believe she makes apologies in private?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
People who don't know much about her think she was very poor so she knows what's she's talking about. When I say she wasn't they are very surprised/ don't believe me. I think it has to include some on record stuff of people who know her, saying how they remembered her so called poverty time
If it wasn’t for Tattle I’d probably still think she was the real deal. I suppose this is my origin story, I came to Tattle when I became throughly disenchanted with mumsnet and was looking for another discussion site to peruse over a cup of tea. Initially I stuck to the secret celebrity thread, I use to work in west end theatres so I had quite a bit of tea of my own, and I’m quite old and not much of a social media user so most of the other threads were very much who he/she. I was intrigued by the really busy threads on Hinch and Jack, I didn’t know much about either, the former I knew was a cleaning influencer who was probably responsible for the popularity of Zoflora and grey crushed velvet sofas, and the latter was a food writer who had been very poor and for some reason wasn’t allowed to be critiqued on mumsnet. I didn’t find Hinch very easy to follow or very interesting, but Jack was another matter.
I think one of the reasons I almost immediately found Jack interesting was because in a funny way I can relate to her. I have a similar ish class background, and in my much younger days I was desperate to be thought of as anything other than what I was, a very ordinary, slightly awkward, sheltered, lower middle class young woman. Unlike Jack however I’m not a cunt and my efforts to be cool and interesting didn’t involve lying, inventing and or weaponising trauma. They mostly involved terrible clothing choices, pretending I understood things I had no clue about and completely failing to pull off manic pixie dream girl years before the term had even been invented. Yes, I look back and cringe a lot, but am thankful I was able to grow out of being a total twat (although I can still be a bit of a twat on occasion). However, no matter how cringy Jack is (and she is, a 34 year old boasting about having sex) that’s not a crime on its own, but the Tattle threads held the truth, Jack was never really poor, not in the way she portrayed it, and so my eyes were opened.

• Heart
Reactions: 89