Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup I think inheritance and bank of mum and dad are really important things too. The knowledge that I have nothing to fall back on has made me work very hard, to extremes at times tbh. I feel that I just have to keep moving because if I stop something might happen or I might go backwards. Jack on the other hand, clearly knows that she does have family to fall back on which is why imho she never works that hard and never tries to develop herself and seems quite happy to piss around. I’m not saying all MC people are like that as that’s obviously not the case. However I have noticed in my own life that MC types tend to be more conplacent than WC types. That’s just my personal experience I should add and seen thru my own personal filter. I am NOT generalising.

I think being from an immigrant family is also relevant here as it’s very common for immigrant parents to really push their kids to get a good education because many immigrants come to this country without having much in the way of wealth and assets and social contacts, so education is pretty much the only lever you can pull to achieve social mobility. My read on Jack is that her dad was quite typical immigrant in really valuing education and possibly pushed her quite a lot, she couldn’t hack it, she also failed to get into the RAF like her brother, so she decided to go to the opposite extreme and larp as a destitute discarded Big Mac eater and sex worker.

I honestly believe that so much of what Jacks become is a sort of performance for and rebellion against her parents. And also because she’s an addict (certainly to Twitter and possibly to other stuff) she’s very much stuck in that rut and unable to change or evolve.

I don’t feel sorry for her tho as she refuses to self-reflect or to help herself. Some people are unable to help themselves because of circumstances and they warrant sympathy. Jacks had loads of opportunities and privileges and she refuses to use them. She just wants to sit on her arse and be adored.

Reactions: 42

Nominate "she's actually quite shit at what she does" thread title

Reactions: 36
I’m not quite which fall is so spectacular these past few days, Jack or Snapshoteye on TikTok proudly saying when he works in care he kisses the patients without a hint of irony, not that you should joke about anything of this kind.

Jack Monroe and Paul Breach are a narc match made in heaven.

Reactions: 27
Might be just me, but do you leave feedback on other comments on Tattle?

Reactions: 9
I’ve seen you while I’ve been lurking on both these threads and my god imagine the two of them together- it doesn’t bare thinking about!!!

Reactions: 11
Don't forget the THREE council estates it backed onto!
The last inspection I can get any evidence for (1998, old Ofsted framework) says it was 'Very Good'. There's no evidence of it being on a 3 or 4 grade going back to 1998. She's such a fucking liar.

Hey Jackie - making false claims about this school is ACTUAL DEFAMATION. Call Marky Mark at 1 Israel St. He'll tell you.

Reactions: 45
She's mentioned being "diagnosed gifted and talented" () so she'll be talking about the gifted and talented programme that I think Warwick uni ran. It was the top 5% of pupils nationwide and really not that hard, my dumb ass was in it lol

Reactions: 22
Grunking so apologies if this lands awkwardly BUT I ASSUMED THE OT WAS A PARODY ACCOUNT. it’s not. I’m dead.
I do quite fancy a couple of sleeve dogs but I definitely can’t afford them. Plus I’m not sure how work would react if I rocked up to the office with barking arms.

Reactions: 11
Bet Jack rattles the tip jar afterwards at whatever daft sod's buttering her muffin

Reactions: 10
Reactions: 32
And I just want to applaud the canal for this thread because it’s been such an insightful, interesting read on class, society and the media. What a clever load of fraus you are.

unlike our own dear Jack.

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.