Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s pointless. The data is used for the allocation of school places within individual local authority areas and a limited number of private schools.

The only time I’ve ever seen anything like this was when one of my students got full marks in all Maths and Further Maths A Level papers, and the exam board wrote to inform him. That’s on a slightly different level to the 11 plus, not gonna lie.
My county council awarded me a certificate as a County Scholar for getting top marks at a level but I had and have no idea why. It seemed odd and I've never told anyone except now. It seems hilarious to boast about how well you did at school, especially at preGCSE level. Ooooh, I got the headmaster's award for chess club at infant school. Must go tweet about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Things change, including her. I accept this. It would be a slow and boring life if people didn’t evolve. What does not change though is your history. Even if you evolve as a person does that change whether you did/n’t sleep rough, experience poverty to the degree you claim, etc etc?
Yes people do change but the fact is that Jack HASNT changed. She’s still the same snarky, disingenuous, bullying person she was when she made that horrible comment about Ivan Cameron in 2015.

the only evolution about her is that she’s getting meaner, snarkier and more disingenuous

Reactions: 31
Teac
Couple of things:
Most of the country doesn’t sit the 11 plus so it makes the claim problematic on that basis alone.

The key measure of schools at Year 6 is SATS - you may be able to find out how high up your child’s result placed them in terms of numbers passing at each grade (teachers can check this at GCSE with data from the exam board. Never heard of this for 11 plus).

The exam boards at GCSE and A Level did used to contact schools where a student got a top score nationally. Haven’t seen this in a few years, but things were different during covid. Again, no idea if this happened for 11 plus, seems unlikely though.

Just another grandiose claim that no one can check. She sticks to things that can’t be verified on grounds of confidentiality, doesn’t she? Medical, education. Her old school have no right of reply, it’s infuriating.
Teacher Frau here with 11+ experience aplenty. Her claim is, brace yourselves, absolute horseshit. Different schools use different papers from different companies-for example some schools test verbal and non verbal reasoning, others test maths, English and a combination etc. Private schools can set their own test or use the common entrance which is administered nationally. Absolutely no way that anyone taking any form of 11+ can legitimately claim to be in the top 100 nationally. Liar Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
There’s still a flying monkey attacking Karl….. suggesting he is using his disability as an excuse. Wondering if it is a 🧦

blue squigg is Karl
View attachment 1540195

View attachment 1540201
View attachment 1540203
View attachment 1540207
I found this too upsetting to read the whole thing, if im being totally honest. I audibly gasped at the first tweet, so much so my OH asked if I was ok.
someone should be phoning the police for this hate crime. Im beyond mortified that Jack is so hungry for fame and attention that she’s willing to be associated with these people.
if she changed everything tomorrow, the actions of those she’s associated with will always be my impression of her. As my mum says, you fly with the craws you get shot with them.

Reactions: 48
I'm going as Content, in that I will make a grand entrance, inexplicably disappear for days on end and then return, replete with risotto, at a particularly tricky moment.
Bork bork!

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Omg I can’t keep up, had to do stupid paid bloody job then take kids to the park and now I’m making tea like the bloody martyr I am #sendhomehelpos

Who is she suing? I can attend if needed. I will dress as the milk tray man but instead of a box of chocs I’ll carry a massive burger. But I will leave early, obvs.
She is suing everybody. I can't decide on my outfit, either a poverty scar (what does that even look like?) or a "went tell" 🤔
In other words a question mark.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’m beginning to understand all the love for TD, she has been outstanding today. I can feel the white hot heat of her anger from here

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm interested in the 'JM isn't working class' discourse and I'd like to ask Fraus whether they think class is more material (ie you might come from a middle class upbringing and have whatever education credentials but no support network means you're struggling month to month on rent/groceries is working class) or cultural (ie coming from a working class background, distinct 'working class' taste preferences vs 'upper or middle class' preferences, what you spend money on, income is less important)
On twitter sometimes I see people pointing to JM's upbringing alone as proof that Jack can't be working class. I'd more say that it's because Jack has a (minor) celebrity profile, brand deals, books, is invited to talks etc. so claiming they struggle materially to a point of working class-ness is pretty baseless.
Also the Karl stuff made me so sick. Hope everyone is ok x
I think it's the things like years of extra-curricular lessons, the clear privilege in her upbringing for me.

Jack isn't actually alone in her claims of this, she just seems to be weaponising it more. A few "celebs" have been at similar things recently and the media absolutely are part of the issue. Vicky McClure came up at work the other day as she makes a very big deal about being very working class and only being an actress because of free drama lessons while neatly glossing over the years of ballet lessons she also had. I don't think it's that unusual that when paying for something as expensive as ballet parents can't pay for a second extra-curricular on top but the middle class lefty media seem to think that's a sign of abject poverty!

Reactions: 20
A real life Frau just sent me a text saying “looks like you were right about that Jack MoneyRoe, have you seen Twitter 👀” - why don’t my pals simply trust me in the first place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
She can't afford them ..She's Poor !!!!!!!!!
Another Take a Break headline: So Poor I Wore My Son’s Trousers.

Can we be harridans now instead of fraus? I have a frizzy hair thing going on due to the humidity so I think it suits me better.

8BAF49E1-2D37-41BB-B8CF-83CBD4B02A5A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I found this too upsetting to read the whole thing, if im being totally honest. I audibly gasped at the first tweet, so much so my OH asked if I was ok.
someone should be phoning the police for this hate crime. Im beyond mortified that Jack is so hungry for fame and attention that she’s willing to be associated with these people.
if she changed everything tomorrow, the actions of those she’s associated with will always be my impression of her. As my mum says, you fly with the craws you get shot with them.
Same. Jack started this and I am beyond disgusted at her and her followers. None of my other issues with her behaviour seem to matter any more. This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen on SM.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Wasn’t she supposed to be doing a general update on her Patreon? She’d better hurry up, it’s only a day to the monthly renewal date. She doesn’t want all her patrons deserting her, now, does she. Throw them a bone.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Apologies if this has been posted as I'm not a regular on the Jack threads but oh my lord 😬

I think you had all covered her refusal to give refunds already? But the overshare! Baffling.
Jack didn't stop there. The night of the sex burger. #makingmemories

sexburger.jpg

I will spoiler these screenshots in future. I'm just not bored enough of them yet x hahahaha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Wasn’t she supposed to be doing a general update on her Patreon? She’d better hurry up, it’s only a day to the monthly renewal date. She doesn’t want all her patrons deserting her, now, does she. Throw them a bone.
I reckon she'll stay quiet and not risk any last minute cancellations.

Reactions: 21
Quoting myself like a twit to dissect this more, because it's really riled me!

"Because he uses stories about his dead son as misty eyed rhetoric to legitimise selling our NHS to his friends"

Because = linking something he has said/announced/done in his capacity as PM to his personal circumstances
Uses stories = this is something you tell other people, it didn't happen to you, there is no emotion attached to the tale
His dead son = dehumanising, an object, nobody of note, nor worthy of a name
Misty eyed = fake, not meant, only done for dramatic effect
Rhetoric = a device to persuade, to influence, not necessarily based on fact or experience, a tool to achieve an outcome
Legitimise selling = one personal tragedy informs a policy decision taken as the most senior member of the Government
Our = what was that about rhetoric? It's his family's NHS too Jack, as well as yours or mine
To his friends = I prefer to think his friends are the ones who supported his family through their grief, not grubby men in suits seeking to make a profit.

She didn't apply a single shred of empathy in a single thing she said. I am no Tory, far from it, but a statement so bereft of any human feeling whatsoever is staggering!
I still don’t understand how she wasn’t cancelled for that, it was appalling

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.