Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Give me strength, wasn't it just one item of the 30 from the highly experimental data that showed a 50% increase? Heaven forbid they'd use the average increase across all 30 items to show an accurate picture rather than just cherry picking one to misrepresent. And jack did not work with them other than being a bleep and @'ing them on twatter.

---
TRAVELLER MOVEMENT ANNUAL CONFERENCE: THE INTERSECTION OF POVERTY, INEQUALITY, AND MENTAL HEALTH
The Traveller Movement annual conference will be held on Thursday 17th November 2022, 10-4pm at Lambeth Town Halll, Brixton. For the first time since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic we are delighted to be returning to an in-person conference.

The themes for this year’s conference are particularly relevant in light of the spiralling cost-of-living crisis. Jack Monroe’s work with the Office of National Statistics has shown that the inflation rate for some essential food staples is as high as 50%
I'm really disappointed in this. I know people that work for them 🙁. GRT people do not need Jack's advice at all, thank you very much. 🖕

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I bobbed in Tesco's and have found some new traaaaazers for Jack. Camouflaged AND cargo pockets? So you Jack.

IMG_8053.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Totally agree with all this. I remember they were hounded home from the hospital after I am passed. They looked completely broken, the pictures would make you cry. But not Jack. She truly is without empathy. Policing the internet just now is more important than being with her son. She's not a warm and loving person.
it’s quite an achievement to make David Cameron look good compared to yourself - and to make lifelong left wing voters sympathetic to a Tory PM

Reactions: 36
The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Why would anyone spend time creating a “top 100”? What purpose would it serve?
It’s pointless. The data is used for the allocation of school places within individual local authority areas and a limited number of private schools.

The only time I’ve ever seen anything like this was when one of my students got full marks in all Maths and Further Maths A Level papers, and the exam board wrote to inform him. That’s on a slightly different level to the 11 plus, not gonna lie.

Reactions: 29
Omg.
Obviously Jack's 'private DM' didn't make a blind bit of difference.
Hope she is proud of herself for enabling this.
That evil disgusting squig. "Disability is no excuse" tell that to the child who can't walk because of scoliosis, spinal bifida or talipes related amputation. Or the cancer patient who can't speak because their vocal chords have been affected by throat surgery or the elderly person who can breathe unaided because they have lung disease. Rotten nasty squig. TD you are a wonderful woman for stepping in. Jack needs to say something too. This mess is her responsibility. I hope Karl will be ok, he is brave and forthright. And why should he not make others aware of his conditions? Such awareness gives others insight and the ability to help.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
I keep changing my mind about my court outfit!

Originally it was my William Morris Strawberry Thief dress made out of Jack's (definitely gifted) curtains but now I'm thinking.......... a giant postcard with half a scribbled recipe on the back.

I'll linger near a post box and pretend to post myself, then run away going 'LOL not really, don't cancel your subs yeah?! I'm working on it!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Why would anyone spend time creating a “top 100”? What purpose would it serve?
The people at the top get plum TV jobs. For example, academic types such as Jeremy Clarkson and Stacey Dooley were just handed their opportunities in life, while poor Jack never had a chance after dropping off the league tables.

(Not a slam on either of them BTW. It just goes to show that having 4 GCSEs isn’t the big deal Jack seems to think it is.

Reactions: 23
I’m starting to think she’s not even a grifter really. She has no plan, no long con, no pyramid scheme. She’s just a common or garden fake.

Reactions: 31
Omg I can’t keep up, had to do stupid paid bloody job then take kids to the park and now I’m making tea like the bloody martyr I am #sendhomehelpos

Who is she suing? I can attend if needed. I will dress as the milk tray man but instead of a box of chocs I’ll carry a massive burger. But I will leave early, obvs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m starting to think she’s not even a grifter really. She has no plan, no long con, no pyramid scheme. She’s just a common or garden fake.
There’s definitely no plan beyond ‘bullshit for as long as possible whilst people send cashos’.

Reactions: 23
I want you to think about what you've done. 😂
Jenny, I’ve been reflecting all day. Especially as Hole were one of my favourite early teenage bands.
i was there, Barrowlands, 1994 or 5 - Courtney threw her knickers into the crowd!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.