Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much prep and admin is needed in shouting ‘we’re all going to die??’

I find it interesting that her supporters on Twitter are so weak in their reasons for support. There’s never specific examples of how she helped it just ShE DOeS GooD LeaVE Her ALOne

surely as she’s involved with everything behind the scenes, has tried or lived everything anyone ever mentions there would be so many examples people could post. You think when a celeb dies and all these old nice stories come out about them. (No I do not want you to stop breathing) just makes you think

Reactions: 44
I too have experience of this and since Covid they've been more than happy for you to patch into the interview on your laptop or phone. In fact even before Covid they were happy to do a down the line interview for radio certainly if you were struggling to make it in. So Jack's exaggerating massively - either that or she wanted to go to London anyway to hang out at that well known refuge for the poor and struggling - the Groucho.

Reactions: 44
THIS!!!!!!!!!!

too short

THIS!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 37
How much prep and admin is needed in shouting ‘we’re all going to die??’
At this point she should just wear a sandwich board which screams 'The End is Nigh (gibs cashos)' and parade up and down Southend Pier.

Although she may deem that involves too much hard work.

Reactions: 43
Also.

Without giving too much away, I guess speak on podcasts/events etc - and I always get any expenses refunded.
Find it rather hard to believe that the Beeb doesn't also.

Reactions: 39
She did also mention down the line interviews (for which, as she said, I think correctly, you don't get paid) so this must be the times they desperately needed her in the studio, so they invited her up to a building that was demolished 10 years ago, on an 8 hour round trip, and gave her £50 for it.

NB if 'NBH' does mean Broadcasting House in London now, OK... my search suggested it referred to the no longer extant Manchester one.

Reactions: 47
It also can’t possibly take her 4 hours of research each time because she was all thrilled about the last minute, jump off a train, radio interview she did the other day. (That one wasn’t the BBC though, perhaps she only bothers to research for them.)

I start to see where the 100+ hour weeks come from though. 4 hours research + 5 mins radio appearance, 90mins AA meeting + 6 hours travel. It all adds up! We should be more sympathetic.

Reactions: 51
You put it much more eloquently than I did dear heart (Agree about the landlord thing with her grandad, the fact that she has the bare faced cheek to slag off her LL is quite something.)

It does make me wonder if her grandad left her anything at all? Do we know about this?
It’s obviously she thought she was entitled to a house (god knows why) and feels resentful and cheated about it, surely there’d be a sizeable chunk of inheritance for all of them though? That is an inconceivable about of money to me, I wonder if she pissed all hers away and where it went.
She’ll probably say that the only thing she got was that pan and it was the only thing he had left or something so we’ll never know

Reactions: 29
Maybe she got cut out because of the ILLEGITIMATE BAYBAY should’ve-kept-yer-legs-shut. Though I’d imagine he just divvied between kids and let them decide. Though I don’t doubt she expected a house and I think someone has it nailed on that she’s moving into one of Big D’s flats while she ‘saves’ lol. Especially as SB doesn’t live with her most of time.

Reactions: 27
I would imagine the will was straightforward- went to surviving spouse and then their children.

Reactions: 33
I know someone irl with one and she’s a proper weapon too.
Really makes you think
Does Jack have a 'Be The Change' tattoo as well or am I dreaming? I know someone with both and I think you pay with braincells if you're getting either of those two things tattooed on you...

Reactions: 18
I find it interesting that her supporters on Twitter are so weak in their reasons for support. There’s never specific examples of how she helped it just ShE DOeS GooD LeaVE Her ALOne
This person actually wrote this without an ounce of sarcasm. It's bizarre.

Reactions: 72
I would imagine the will was straightforward- went to surviving spouse and then their children.
Is that normal? Like I genuinely have no idea! That’s how it worked for us but there weren’t any grandkids and my grandparents didn’t have any property or money.

I don’t know, obviously I’m in no place to judge and I’m not! But I would expect that they’d think the grandchildren would benefit more from it than Big D, it just seems odd to me!
https://giphy.com/EZYQjm1uPrXGg

Reactions: 12

Is Nadine one of the MPs Jack is close with? Has she been giving Nadine tips? Is this why she bought Content? Can we expect ‘buy a £1.5k dog to insert in one sleeve and your cat in the other to keep warm’ in her 150 Grifty Tips for Morons book?
Other highlights; make boxes out of boxes; soup out of a tin of soup; connect your cooker to the radiator pipes; rinse hoops instead of buying pasta.

Reactions: 56
Does Jack have a 'Be The Change' tattoo as well or am I dreaming? I know someone with both and I think you pay with braincells if you're getting either of those two things tattooed on you...
She basically just looks like she printed a fourteen year old girl’s Tumblr page from 2011 directly onto her arms.

Reactions: 38
I think what she's referring to here is the ONE time when she must have jumped off the train in Manchester on her way back from Edinburgh to do that BBC studio thing last week. You know, before she hopped off the train in the hopeless place to take selfies in a playpark and do the radio phone in. She may not have bothered to claim travel expenses because she was on the train down anyway.

Reactions: 22
I've just realised - did she ever come back with revised figures after FridgeGate?

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.