Jack Monroe #38 Will she call her next cat Sue Purrkins?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So her attempt at being ‘nice, happy, positive, fluffy cute Jack’ to regain lost followers was so off the mark that we now all feel like we’ve witnessed something that should exist on the *weird* part of the internet 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Why does she insist on having the poor thing in dangerous poses. It really could just jump out and hurt itself, just like the ridiculous one when it was on her shoulder! 😡
Edited to add, when we got our puppy I would not let the children do silly things with him. They were taught to be gentle and respectful and he wasn’t a toy to be messed about with. The fact a grown adult is doing this for photo opportunity makes me so cross😤
Totally agree, when we got our puppy the first rule with the kids was to be respectful, and also acknowledge it’s a baby. Animals are not toys or fashion accessories!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

She isn't nuzzling because she likes you, Jack, she's nuzzling because she was taken away from her mum too soon, you awful, awful bastard.

I normally roll my eyes at people on Tattle who talk about contacting authorities but is it just me who is fighting every instinct not to call the RSPCA?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

She isn't nuzzling because she likes you, Jack, she's nuzzling because she was taken away from her mum too soon, you awful, awful bastard.

I normally roll my eyes at people on Tattle who talk about contacting authorities but is it just me who is fighting every instinct not to call the RSPCA?
No not just you, I've been talking it over with Mr ogre too

Reactions: 17
Using that poor little kitten for likes, comments and a vomit inducing video has made me loathe her even more than I could possibly imagine.

• Angry
Reactions: 27
The video is definitely weird and definitely sexual. It's like she's trying to communicate to her ex - the giggling, breathing, then the creepy glance at the camera....
I watched the video, with hindsight wish I hadn't.
Seeing that video is basically akin to seeing her 'sex face'

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
This kitten should be with its mum and it slept
in a bathroom last night. Absolutely atrocious beyond belief. Stop trying to force the cat to walk on its paws. See a vet. And consider not posting another pic of your kitten on twitter until she’s been properly checked over. Actual duck off using a poor wee kitten for twitter likes and shares

• Sad
Reactions: 29
It's awful to say (and sickening) but I thought that same thing ☹. It was really icky. What was the writhing about as well? Ugh it's made me feel yuck tbh.

Reactions: 20

I’m not a cat/kitten person AT ALL. However animal abuse, and don’t get me wrong, this is absolutely abuse (evidently taking it away from its mum too soon and the lack of vet visit and forcing it to walk on its poorly paws and placing it about her person for photos) and should be reported. I’ve been thinking about it for a few days now, but that poor kitten must be so overwhelmed by it all, being placed in a bathroom to sleep to the flashing lights of a camera constantly in its face. It’s disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Just watched with sound on and now I feel like I did the first time I ever saw the Blair Witch Project

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
This comment made me shudder, it's so accurate, it's so true. It was one of the worst things I've ever seen because of her sexualised elements and that poor cat struggling along on his legs, it was like a horrific viral video from the early internet days (lemon party anyone?)

She's abhorrent for this, I know she'll use the excuse that she just ~doesn't put everything online (looool as IF) and that she took him to the vets weeks ago and it's her hateful troll enemies, but ffs. ANY ONE with a large social media following has a responsibility to show responsibility in all their affairs - whether it's driving (the TOWIE lot who always use their bleeping phone when they drive!), adhering to lock down, or responsible pet ownership! You don't get to feature your new sickly creature for likes & sympathy without putting in the leg work behind the scenes - vets, vets bills, etc.

I know this is horrible to speculate and I feel mean in saying it, but I wonder if she's not taking him to the vets because she's hoping she can skip the expensive bills by just 'plodding him on his feet' or whatever the duck she's speaking about. She seems to really engage with people discussing how theirs were 'cured' that way?

• Sad
  • Sick
Ok. Look. I'm going to make myself extremely unpopular here by saying I think you're, en masse, getting a little carried away with the kitten situation. You may not like how she is caring for it, but at the end of the day - it is safe, warm, clean, fed and cared for.

We don't know why it's been taken away from mum, but at some point most baby animals are. And putting a kitten in a hoody pocket and taking a picture is really one of the least egregious things she's done.

Taking pictures or filming a kitten isn't abuse. There's nothing for the RSPCA to intervene on here. I know she's a real 'witch eating crisps' for most of us but...yeah. I don't like the way loads of people raise their kids and pets, it doesn't mean they're being abused.

Reactions: 17
Ok. Look. I'm going to make myself extremely unpopular here by saying I think you're, en masse, getting a little carried away with the kitten situation. You may not like how she is caring for it, but at the end of the day - it is safe, warm, clean, fed and cared for.

We don't know why it's been taken away from mum, but at some point most baby animals are. And putting a kitten in a hoody pocket and taking a picture is really one of the least egregious things she's done.

Taking pictures or filming a kitten isn't abuse. There's nothing for the RSPCA to intervene on here. I know she's a real 'witch eating crisps' for most of us but...yeah. I don't like the way loads of people raise their kids and pets, it doesn't mean they're being abused.
So you think a responsible pet owner would adopt a baby kitten and then try and force it to walk on it’s paws when they are quite clearly in need of vetinary intervention, introduce it to a predatory, much older cat and also (allegedly) not even bother with a vet visit? Oh and putting a newborn kitten into a bathroom on its own at night to sleep?

Alright then 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Stuffing the kitten into her hoodie pocket is irresponsible because it clearly would not be able to land safely if it jumped out. Same as when she put it on her shoulder. She could cause more damage to its legs. Unless of course she’s seen a vet but so far she has only spoken about being in contact with one. So it doesn’t sound like this poor kitten has been examined since she brought it home.

• Sad
Reactions: 24

Just speaking for myself here, but what does me in is that the poor cat is having to put weight on deformed limbs, it must be agonising? I imagine it's similar to having to walk on two broken ankles, or two torn ligaments - but not being able to communicate your pain, take pain relief, with no viable end in sight. If you wouldn't expect a human to do it without medical intervention you shouldn't expect a cat to, I really hope she takes him to a vet.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Someone asked to see Jack's face on the video. I've put it as a spoiler so not to put anyone off their dinner.
Screenshot_20200705-165331.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

I admit that I'm probably projecting because My Family Narc (TM) also uses and then discards animals as per her whims.

I'm not bothered about the photos (outside of the usual eye rolls that she just cannot stop taking selfies because she's totally obsessed with herself), it's just the forcing it to walk on it's bendy legs that's making me stress tbh.

• Heart
  • Sad
I am also interested in this. There are 3 of us in this house with below waist length thick hair and the amount of hair wrapped around the brush bar of the vacuum cleaner every few days is ridiculous.
I had a cordless one which has a built in chopper thing that sliced away hair tangles on the roller but the suction and battery life were a bit crap.
I have to have a cordless one as I cba with plugging and unplugging as I go around the house. Yep, I'm that lazy.
There’s not a week goes by without my husband saying “your hair’s blocking the roller” - like I’m cutting bits out and twisting them round when he’s not looking 🙄

Shark have a model they say is good for hair, I’ve seen some decent reviews for it. I wouldn’t buy a Dyson again

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.