Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cheekymonk3y

Regarding Molly, I think she's aiming for the Charity Commission to look into Jack's 'stuff' for want of a better word, rather than the press. If there is something untoward then the press would pick up on it after the fact.

I do also think that she may have something we don't know about.
Yes, absolutely x

i wish the 2d model of the one bed flat really existed

I'd imagine it to look a bit like this

View attachment 1510054
This is bloody genius ❤ 😂 x

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Swisspea

Chatty Member
He put grated cucumber in his sauce mix for lasagne because he had no celery. I don’t even think Jack Monroe would stoop to this.
Ooh nasty. I would just have left out the celery in that instance!! i suppose it was a similar colour . Had to use one of his recipes as Jack seems to have forgotten to post her meal suggestion yesterday. Makes you think doesn’t it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
Neither do I. There's things like landlord insurance that might limit the number of occupiers. I reckon she'll be renting from someone she knows who has an existing tenant who has given notice. Which is why she's going on about moving in 6 months.
If someone wants to rent and they pass referencing the landlord won't care in general. She doesn't have him full time and it's her business to sort out arrangements for sleeping etc. She might not disclose there's another person stopping over a few nights a week.
Social housing is different, in that you would choose to disclose a dependent needing their own bedroom and they would be obliged to provide the 2nd bedroom...IF the child was there for x amount of nights.
Only thing generally stopping a landlord letting to more people than bedroom ratio is if there was a family of say 7 moving into a 3 bed and they were worried about undue wear and tear.
Landlord insurance aspect: it still generally comes down to the actual tenancy holders. X and y are on the tenancy agreement. Have they passed referencing? Good to go.
Coming from the past so apologies where this lands and if it's been covered 😬

Don't Panic

Why would you 'carry' the largest sideboard out and down the alley then back into the house? Firstly, you couldn't do it by yourself without damaging it. Secondly, there's ample space in your hallway to swing a sideboard anyway so no leaving the house is needed. Thirdly, who has the bloody time to be dragging that much shit around the house every couple of months??

View attachment 1508433
Who does the BAFTA belong to? Or is it a thrift shop find y’all.

• Haha

MsGilmore

VIP Member
What do we think the funniest bit of Hunger Hurts 3 will be? There will have to be an unintentionally hilarious description of some hunger incident during The Poverty. Looking forward to this banging cold dervish. Also The Telegraph article is about a diet. Is she going to firebomb a Weight Watchers meeting or something?
I’m expecting stale bread, weetabix dust, the absence of hoops to rinse and emotive words from SB! ✔

• Haha

Wooh

VIP Member
Indeed I did, what a load of mealy-mouthed blather it was too.
I actually think it's a terrific response, well considered and using actual parts of Jack's appearance. Jack shouldn't have been there, obviously, but I'm impressed by the response to your complaint

Edie Po

VIP Member
I'd give her a wide berth too.
Bet she reaks of eau de 6 day old kippers,moldy socks,and LIES

• Haha

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
Rest assured @Lucy Aeroplane, this is the Chris Evans I lust after! How are you not aware of him??? that time he accidentally shared a dick pic, BEST DAY EVER!
When I googled, it seemed like he’s a superhero film fixture and that’s not really my bag, plus I’m not massively up to date with popular culture anyway, so I guess that’s how his existence has passed me by!

It’s quite a bit less funny that anyone would have a thing for the guy in the pictures than for the Real Chris Evans.

• Heart

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
It was the stolen slogan one. Even when I didn’t think she was up to anything I couldn’t get behind those other abominations.
I did wear it in public once, though this will not be happening again. The shame, the shame!
To be fair, that was the least worst option.

As I always say, Jack Monroe, good and original, but never at the same time.

• Haha

Pimpinella

Chatty Member
Brilliant. Everywhere she turns, her name has been dragged. That's enough to scare brands and agencies off for good. Hopefully her publisher and agent too.
A lifetime to build a reputation, a minute to destroy it...or in her case a consistent barrage of drivel...is it snowing 🌨

• Heart