Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Swisspea

Chatty Member
OT, but on a recent thread - maybe the one before this - someone shared some suggestions for good food bloggers. Ones who produced actually edible, affordable, non-slop family meal plans. Have tried searching but if anyone has any clues I’d be very grateful. Toot toot!
Was it bored of lunch?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

CEB1980

I think that’s a fair response from the BBC. You’re never likely to get a less diplomatic response than that, wouldn’t expect there to be

Reactions: 10

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
Hello Fraus & fellow Asshats,

Have lurked since the beginning of the last Great Chaos a few weeks ago & having trouble keeping up.

Looking forward to a flurry of Tweets/ Other deflection devices by our favourite smol pixie around 8.30pm Monday 22/8/22, but I'm sure there will be more than enough to entertain us until then.
Hey we have the same pic.

What is Molly doing? Has she done a Jack and not going to bother to deliver. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Pimpinella

Chatty Member
Embarrassed to admit I do actually have 3 Billy book cases (one in each of the kids’ rooms). They’re flimsy as fuck, they barely survive being moved around a room, let alone being chucked in a skip and then salvaged.
Mine are okay but I've put doors on them both and attached them to the walls..

Reactions: 8

nachoo

I thought the same. I didn't find the teaser particularly shocking (sorry Molly 😐). There is so much that could be highlighted about JM but, like has been said before, there is no stand alone *clanger*. It's a culmination of fibs and grifts. I still think the Hunger Hurts 1/2 blogs need to be unpicked. My biggest gripe is the performative poverty cosplay. I was so disgusted by the most recent begging letter I was sure it was going to bring her down. The lies in that alone are obvious and potentially easy to disprove. I've barely seen it mentioned. It seems to have been conveniently brushed under the carpet and forgotten. I'm really hoping Molly pulls something out of the bag. I get the impression that people are watching and waiting to see where it goes. There are some influential eyes on the AW account and even the FMs are being cautious. The silence is telling. Feels like the calm before the storm. I hope. 🙏
That account should have left it at one thread. A blog post from faceless twitter account that exists purely to talk about jack and retweet other somewhat unhinged accounts from icel types or failed slimming world cooks (with bought followers and near 0 engagement) isn't going to do squat all.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I started watching the first one. Firstly, I assume Hellman’s-having paid 5 figures for this absolute shitshow are happy with her deleting it?
Second, how does she not cringe at her self obsession? Me me me, I was born late, oh some more about me, this is a vegan episode, me again because I was vegan (no you weren’t Jack, it’s not a diet), I couldn’t stick to it, oh look at me being incompetent again, me me me’.
Jack reminds me of a skip full of bits of other people. Other people’s recipes, other people’s writing styles, other people’s personalities.
Keith Floyd & Nigella get away with their foibles because they’re clearly genuine and part of a whole package that makes sense. The audience can sense they are what they are, however much they might ham up certain aspects up for TV.
Jack’s persona doesn‘t work. On any level. It’s just intensely irritating and embarrassing & screams fake and try hard.
#thread title Jack’s persona doesn't work

• Haha
Reactions: 6