Jack Monroe #364 I used to quite like Jack until I started paying attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack posted this a day after Hunger Hurts 2 when she started getting flack for it.
Making it very clear people should donate to Trussell Trust and not her, and that she is not making a living from it 🙄
Ralf mate she explicitly states she uses the tips as her income 🤦‍♀️

Screenshot_20220815_164936.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Has anyone seen even one Jackstan who has had to lock their account because of abuse? I haven’t.
l’ve seen plenty of Jacks critics or those just poking fun lock their accounts though and a couple, where the threats appear to have followed them home, who have deleted their Twitter accounts entirely
86CDA5E4-D39A-4E36-BD1F-CE3EA6E6377B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Was Ralf Little always this much of a bootlicking little scrote? It seems not a week goes by without him popping up to simp for Jack. I can't believe I used to feel sorry for Anthony when the rest of the family would pick on him. Never again.

Uses the same tone as this knight in shining armour. Make the privilege stop screaming :ROFLMAO: View attachment 1500853
The irony of demanding transparency from AM when they're happy for hundreds of people to periodically throw money into the bottomless pit that is Jack's personal PayPal...I just can't.

• Haha
Reactions: 97
Is it wrong that at the end of hopefully a new and perfectly presented thread, AM drops the black eye photo, you know like the funny jet ski dog item at the end of a really serious News at Ten?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Re nigellas comment here, am I just projecty own suspicion or did her comment sound snarky?
I kind of read it as 'How with all the books you've published still not saved enough in royalties' or whatever. I
Just reading the mumsnet thread and there’s lots of talk about how she did such important work highlighting poverty. Did people not realise there were POORS until she wrote her blog post then? I’m older than her and I’m sure we did chairty collections and so on at school.
And someone calling her an anti poverty campaigner has tickled me as if there’d be someone campaigning for more poverty

I think she does a disservice to the cause. There are people that deny the levels of poverty in this country. I have seen people in states that Jack has described. Heating not on, nothing in fridge etc. And I tell some people and they think I'm bullshitting.
You then get people like Jack who is bullshitting! So tarnishes everyone.
(That was rambley, been a long day!)

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I fully believe that there's something that Twitter does to our lizard brains that makes us lose elements of our moral compass if we spend too long on it and start to live our lives through it.
I've heard a couple of people in the public eye 🔺 say that they've had to have their wives intervene when they've been on Twitter too long, and that something about being embroiled in a spat where you want to a) be right and b) have the last word does something to your brain, especially if you are someone who thrives on having an audience.

Me-railing slightly but it makes me sad that internet usage policing is now becoming an accepted part of wifework. It was two men talking, so maybe it's spousework and men have to do this for women too, I don't know. It's a big part of parenting now, too. Anyway, sad that people aren't able to self-regulate, that it's just another potential or actual addiction to struggle with.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
LJC on a cracker, doesn’t he have anything better to do? I’m starting to think Ralf Little also works 100 hour weeks (in a hammock doing “admin”). I’m almost bracing for a thirst shot with facetuned sky and one of his jelly tots hanging out. 🤢

WTF with these people raising “charidee” money into their own personal accounts that they then “kindly gift” (with no transparency and no gift aid) too?!

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Re nigellas comment here, am I just projecty own suspicion or did her comment sound snarky?
I kind of read it as 'How with all the books you've published still not saved enough in royalties' or whatever. I

I think she does a disservice to the cause. There are people that deny the levels of poverty in this country. I have seen people in states that Jack has described. Heating not on, nothing in fridge etc. And I tell some people and they think I'm bullshitting.
Completely agree with this. Also the way she turns everything into a melodrama is unhelpful. You see her banging on about mass starvation of the unemployed, look it up and think "oh well it's not that bad" because you're so relieved but it cuts out the real everyday problems people are grappling with that don't get enough attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Maybe Nigella’s a frau and all of this is a long play to make Jack looks worse in the end 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 49
My brother in law is self employed. He’s very wary about money going into his account even if it’s a present in case it’s assumed to have been earned. These people are dumb.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Snow-White-And-The-Seven--006.jpg

Someday her pumble will come, and who thought it would be Lurchio himself white-knighting for Jack?!

N'awh, she's found her Prince Charming.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
I kind of read it as 'How with all the books you've published still not saved enough in royalties' or whatever.
Yes, I thought I detected a hint of snark from Nigella. Like when your kids ask for more spends and you wonder where the money you gave them yesterday has gone.

I'll be surprised if she's stupid enough to rattle Jack's tip jar again

• Heart
Reactions: 57
WTF with these people raising “charidee” money into their own personal accounts that they then “kindly gift” (with no gift aid) too?!
I know - his 'yes people give me money too for charity' isn't quite the gotcha he thinks it is. No wonder he and Jack think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. They both have large followers. Why not use their privilege to get money directly to charities instead of via them for some unfathomable reason? Is is the qudos of handing over the equivalent of large comedy cheques or tins of labelled food with their names splashed across them?

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.