Jack Monroe #364 I used to quite like Jack until I started paying attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She explicitly asked for it for HERSELF. And why would you give to someone else to give to charity when you could give direct to the charity and they'd not only get it faster, but get gift aid on top.

Cripes but Ralf is dumb.

Reactions: 88
View attachment 1500732

This squig DARED to question St Jack's latest blog and the hard times it depicts when she had her spare diamonds to sell. The Jack stans have formed the view that they deserve abuse for failing to uncritically believe everything Jack says. Naturally Jack has made no comment to condemn or discourage the abuse because she approves of it or a few of her socks have gone feral.

View attachment 1500739

TLDR: It's not right but you were asking for it.

View attachment 1500740

Gullible twit.
I found this genuinely quite upsetting. What kind of person justifies giving out abuse because "other people get it"? We're not seeing any abuse of Jack, we're seeing her challenged and people querying her Jackanories.

People were getting abuse for laughing at hoops last week, FFS. The sooner the veneer of respectability is lifted off her, the better. Big up Molly and anyone who likes her tweets! ✊

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Absolutely 🦉 🍾 at him thinking all the money is going to the Trussel Trust. Just shows how these “celebs” are suckered in just as easily as “normals”
Jack's tagged into the tweet so I'm sure she'll correct his mistake. Or maybe he could ask the Trussell Trust.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
The other infuriating thing about her "but you CAN eat for £20 a week" pro-Tory shtick is that, as previous posters have pointed out at great length, you can't if you rely on her recipes because there just isn't enough food. You don't need to do the calorie counting to work out that 1 tin of red kidney beans, 1 tin of black beans and 1 tin of steak slop plus a few bits of veg isn't really enough for 4 people, even if you include the oil which people will skimp on if they're really short.

Combined with gazpacho for lunch and perhaps she should market the Jack Monroe diet rather than 'poors eat like kings for £20'.

Going from the exact ones she listed, the tin of kidney beans is 282kcal, black beans are 258 and the steak is 490 kcal. The chopped tomatoes are 88 kcal and the oil is 252 kcal. The other ingredients are going to be neglible. So that's 1370 calories between 4 people.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Crumbs! It's not looking good over on the hellsite😬
Oh, and "Lurchio" you can pipe down too you lazy little sod.
duck me, Ralf. If you want to shag her, just ask her if she’s interested. At least then you’ll know one way or the other and can desist from continuing to making a complete twit of yourself in public on Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
This squig looks verrrrrry similar to the 5k troll who is now locked. I think there’s something else happening that is beyond Tattle, AM and the tide on Twitter. And I’m not watching too much TV lately either 😬
B33BF637-B070-4C38-8354-439006FB9AEB.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 88
I have large diamond on my fingers. I’d sell them if I could feed my daughter. I’d cut off limbs to feed her. Sentimental value means nothing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
““celebs” in inverted commas wasn’t exactly kind was it.” Aw poor Lurchio’s ego is hurting 🥺
Absolutely 🦉 🍾 at him thinking all the money is going to the Trussel Trust. Just shows how these “celebs” are suckered in just as easily as “normals”
All I have to say to Ralf is this:

Screenshot 2022-08-15 16.32.51.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Ralf Little should really pay more attention before he wades in.
This is from last night. 75 replies once Jack retweeted this squig, none of them very pleasant from what I can see.

22348FFF-7232-4797-83FD-1BC82085A93A.jpeg

This one is particularly horrible. It was to someone who has now understandably locked down their account. #BeKind eh

347F41AE-5688-4D05-A2E3-1FE9C920B42E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 108
Just reading the mumsnet thread and there’s lots of talk about how she did such important work highlighting poverty. Did people not realise there were POORS until she wrote her blog post then? I’m older than her and I’m sure we did chairty collections and so on at school.
And someone calling her an anti poverty campaigner has tickled me as if there’d be someone campaigning for more poverty

I found this genuinely quite upsetting. What kind of person justifies giving out abuse because "other people get it"? We're not seeing any abuse of Jack, we're seeing her challenged and people querying her Jackanories.
Ah, unfortunately I used to see this justification used quite a lot on Twitter. JKR can't complain about her death & rape threats because there's already a genocide on trans people. Luciana Berger can't complain about her abuse because Jeremy Corbyn gets loads of abuse. And don't even get me started on the ways in which #teamJohnny and #teamAmber justified their horrible antics on SM.

I fully believe that there's something that Twitter does to our lizard brains that makes us lose elements of our moral compass if we spend too long on it and start to live our lives through it.

Gently or even forthrightly calling out JM is NOT abuse. But I would call grifting and bullying abusive.

This squig looks verrrrrry similar to the 5k troll who is now locked. I think there’s something else happening that is beyond Tattle, AM and the tide on Twitter. And I’m not watching too much TV lately either 😬View attachment 1500797
I agree there's something going on, a tide turning, I don't think it's orchestrated exactly BUT I do think there are people from her past, maybe in the food industry or TV production, who she's upset with her behaviour and are finally getting brave enough to vocalise it.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Oh Ralf. Please explain the explicit beg at the bottom of Hunger Hurts two. Then please point out the Trussell Trust link on same blog. Handy hint: there isn't one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
303E51C2-E25B-4F3F-A3FC-E19BF300E55E.jpeg

@sleepisforwimps I only saw this after the thread closed but wanted to reply. You maybe saw my follow on posts where I said that I thought when the Marines asked Jack “where” she was hurt, they were asking as they thought she had been injured in the line of duty, as asking “what happened?” still wouldn’t be good, but it would make more sense.

I’m sorry you’ve had such bad experiences but sadly not surprised. My husband needs to use a walking stick a lot of the time and at the gym a group of older teenagers laughed at him and somebody asked me not long ago what was “wrong” with my son. And this is one of the things that annoys me about Jack - she classes herself as disabled but doesn’t care that by her using tricksy language and trying to make us think a group of Marines in a pub thought she was injured in combat - when we don’t even know if they asked her why she used a stick - she does a lot more harm than good.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
291AC8C6-1DA7-4D56-BD7D-67CD1DFBC8AA.jpeg

SERIOUSLY never have I been so disappointed that it’s too early for a thread title nom. I’d LOVE to have this come up very visibly when someone does a search for her, demonstrating clearly what she enables and encourages. bleeping disgrace that she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 124
View attachment 1500732

This squig DARED to question St Jack's latest blog and the hard times it depicts when she had her spare diamonds to sell. The Jack stans have formed the view that they deserve abuse for failing to uncritically believe everything Jack says. Naturally Jack has made no comment to condemn or discourage the abuse because she approves of it or a few of her socks have gone feral.

View attachment 1500739

TLDR: It's not right but you were asking for it.

View attachment 1500740

Gullible twit.
So these people (socks) are claiming to see the torrent of abuse Jack receives on a daily basis? How peculiar...

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Screenshot 2022-08-15 16.51.36.png

One of the squigs tweeted this screenshot as an example of abuse received by Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 145
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.