Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just as religion can create monsters when used by disingenuous people for self interested ends, the same can be said of therapy I think
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say she went seeking sympathy, and validation for the way that she is. And received it in bucketloads. Came out with a renewed and bolstered self confidence to behave exactly as she wants to.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Can dead wasps riot tho?
Dead wasps can't riot
Even though they try it
The stripy little bastards can't
So I wrote you this rant

Jacksi Monroe, People's Poet

All my pomes are for free but it takes exhaustion to upkeep this site with my words so please if you can afford a groat or two, the tip jar is thataway. Thankyoukindly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Me too.

I've got myself a bit upset today when this came up on my timeline.

My lovely mum was a nurse, who had to leave when she married my dad and had us kids, and only went back later when the marriage ban had been lifted and I (the youngest) was in primary school. That meant going from the regular salary of a nurse (not much, but decent money and a job with a certain level of status) to relying on my dad's work in the shipyards. Which really went to tit in the 70s for obvious reasons.

When she wasn't employed, she threw so much into the community and particularly supporting women. She genuinely did the good work (and still does!). So when I read absolute crap like this about a grifting, lying person like Jack getting called a secular saint, it makes me so frustrated because there are people up and down the country (and they're often women) who, like my mum, hold their communities together. They do the difficult and long hours involved in making sure that kids are fed and families are supported. And they don't do it for the horrible, self-serving reasons like Jack does.

Jack wouldn't know the work of the righteous if it slapped her in the face.

View attachment 1497678
Your mum sounds wonderful, Owly RR ❤ and I completely agree with all that you say in your spoiler.

8CAEF9D5-E916-4752-BD93-482E8D343BBE.jpeg

That has to be sarcasm tho, right?

I mean, isn’t that last sentence pretty much plagiarized straight from Johnny Castle up on the stage at the end of Dirty Dancing right before he calls Ms Frances Houseman up to dance?

0385F983-A897-42B8-B632-0A6D9AB59F51.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 40
The thing is a lot of these people think Jack gives the patreon money directly to foodbanks and actually think she is doing 100hrs volunteering in foodbanks. Even if she was, why should she get paid while others volunteer for free and quietly
I think this is true. It's frustrating that people can be so naive, but there you go.

Has she ever suggested setting up a charity?
I mean it would be subject to more scrutiny and regulation than her current setup so I imagine not...

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I think this is true. It's frustrating that people can be so naive, but there you go.

Has she ever suggested setting up a charity?
I mean it would be subject to more scrutiny and regulation than her current setup so I imagine not...
People are naive and a lot of them probably would not question where the money is going because...well it's Jack Monroe isn't it? Saviour of the Poors? Of course she is passing on the money...

Reactions: 20
I’m curious - are there any legal/publishing fraus who might be able to comment on what limitations Jack might run into when it comes to republishing “461” recipes from her books, paid sponsorship deals, paid newspaper or magazine gigs on her website?
Thing is you can just add a bit of this and take off a bit of that (rinse & repeat) and just like that A New Recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.