Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for more bean chat but it's annoying me now. Jack's schtick is 90% rinsing thing improbably (and 10% grating spam) because she loves the reactions it gets from the baffled presenters on any show she does. It's part of her whole "I've been at the frontline experiencing this" thing that she can be like when you count every penny like I had to you notice that baked beans are cheaper than plain. But do you even get the same amount of beans in baked beans or does the sauce take up more room?

I briefly considered buying a tin of baked beans and haricot beans and counting them . Please send sanity-os'.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I think the engagement ring has *really* done it for her. I'm seeing more an more references to *that* pic outside of the usual circles
The absolutely ridiculous thing about the rings tweet is that she didn't have to say/post anything in the first place. She could have quietly gotten rid of the rings (or not, whatever) and sat quietly counting her gains. Why on earth did she think posting *THAT* was a positive thing right now? I can't even begin to imagine what she expected the reaction to be. Genuinely speechless.

• Heart
Reactions: 89
Also makes no sense as Gmail has recovery emails so she could easily have obtained it or changed it..

Edited to add that it's also not good from a data protection aspect as it means that an employee had access to personal data after they left as good practice is always to change passwords or disable access when someone leaves
Jack? Data Protection Act?
Think they went to different schools or something..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
The absolutely ridiculous thing about the rings tweet is that she didn't have to say/post anything in the first place. She could have quietly gotten rid of the rings (or not, whatever) and sat quietly counting her gains. Why on earth did she think posting *THAT* was a positive thing right now? I can't even begin to imagine what she expected the reaction to be. Genuinely speechless.
Because Jack Monroe is incapable of doing even the smallest thing without broadcasting it to Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
In hindsight if she had of done the last two/ three weeks quietly, followed by the next six months.it would have been behind the scenes, no one would know anything till she had moved to her new gaff and set up shop.

Reactions: 30
she’s trying to preempt comment about spending on postage / ingredients / etc by showing her deeeeep teeeerible gutwrenching sacrifice of sentimental items.
What kind of human COLLECTS engagement rings?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
An why is the bus ticket being crumpled a specific sign of poverty? Do people who aren’t poor keep their tickets in pristine condition but the poor habitually crumple theirs? Also rickets is rare in the UK, and when it does occur it’s not usually because of dietary deficiency due to poverty but because of other health problems or dark skin tones which aren’t able to absorb as much sunlight as lighter skin tones. Like so many things to do with Jack, the more you think about it the less sense it makes.
It’s a well known fact that poor people ~hate~ bus tickets and crumple them as soon as they get them in their hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
exactly it’s called aquafaba and anyone who knows anything about being vegan (im aware she gave up on being vegan) knows that the juice from kidney beans is often used to make chocolate cake … it’s used in chocolate cake not vanilla because the juice from KB is dark in colour

stupid mare!
Dried kidney beans have to boil for 10 minutes to kill toxins. Nothing to do with the juice from the tins. She should know this

Edited to add and soak for 5 hours and chuck away the soaking water (for dried not tinned which are cooked). Jack, look things up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 46
Few comments on those two recipes

my kids who aren’t wildly fussy wouldn’t touch either of them

I get she’s doing basic cooking but just because you’re poor doesn’t mean you don’t realise the skin needs to come of the onion before you chop it

how does she have a tin of stewing steak coming near to expiry date when she’s living on the bones of her arse

there was something else but I’ve forgotten it now 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think the engagement ring has *really* done it for her. I'm seeing more an more references to *that* pic outside of the usual circles
THREE (should be five) DIAMOND RINGS
Four rusty spoons
Three sentient rugs
Two pumble tins
And a slow cooker of ranciiiiiiid sloooooooop

not long til Christmas fraus 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Morrisons used to do KTC brand, black beans, kidney beans etc 4 for a pound. Not sure if they still do that. As for baked beans, which I'm not over keen on to be fair, Aldi better than Heinz imo. That's my bean input folks.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1498097
Amazing so now she doesn't even have access to the patron account?
This is quite worrying. She doesn’t give a tit about Patreon or the subscribers just keeps getting that income stream with no transparency. Nice of her to throw the ex assistant under the bus there.

Reactions: 38
I can't believe she's officially called her gazpacho 'NO COOK GAZPACHO'. #jackshacks

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Watching this with the nasal whine dialled well down.

The way that not a single cell moves anywhere above her eyelids is well into Uncanny Valley territory. Human eyebrows & foreheads just aren’t supposed to be glass-smooth and utterly lifeless, even if that’s nicely symbolic of the absence of any useful brain activity going on behind them.

Ah, Jack Monroe. With her forehead like a stiff shiny plastic wang, and her bread like the forehead of an Orc being electrocuted. Online life will certainly be less amusing when her gig’s finally up & she has to retreat into shamed obscurity for the rest of her days - which I sincerely hope will go on for a very very long time: a long life as a social media pariah is exactly what she deserves.
Jack, with her forehead devoid of emotion
As smooth as the calm of the Pacific Ocean,
Plagued by the poor people calling her hourly,
And the tories tweeting about her sourly,
She doesn’t need mendacious ninnies highlighting her flaws,
Leave her alone, she’s the saviour of poors.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Been grunking like my life depended on it this last few days. Found this in her mentions and it made me chuckle.
The thing about THAT MAN for me is that his recipes can elevate my cooking. I’m alright, but haven’t got a natural palate to be able to say whether something needs more salt, less acid etc and so a good simple recipe allows me to serve consistently good food that won’t get wasted. Jack’s recipes will always take even talented cooks down to slop level.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.