Jack Monroe #361 The only person thats suffered has been, uh, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No issue with the ADHD stuff - I won’t judge her for that at all. She is immensely privileged to have been able to access support, and continue medication privately though. It’s a lifeline afforded by very few.

Guess we know what the patreon helps with though. Certainly not “raising funds” to get someone to run a simple script on the Wordpress site for ads and affiliate links. Whack it on fiverr, it’s a quick job.

Reactions: 39
These seem to have been deleted but they're on the Wayback Machine.

View attachment 1491951
1. They are, obviously, available on the NHS.
2. Jack lives in England and therefore has access to Right to Choose, meaning the NHS refer you to a private provider and pay for it.
3. I've never heard of assessments taking months or multiple psychiatrists. NHS waiting lists are long but not to weed people out. Sounds like you just got ripped off or were suspected of being drug seeking hun x

I was referred, diagnosed and starting titration within three months. NHS paid for it and my GP prescribes my meds at standard NHS charges. Her misinformation could stop people seeking help and is so bleeping harmful. As usual.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
Saw the screenshots from that BBC appearance. Her face looks weirdly bloated. Is there a rule against mentioning drugs on Tattle because I've only seen people referring to it obliquely? Asking because she def looks as though she's on something.

But on a more important note: why do mainstream news outlets keep giving her a platform?! It's infuriating to witness these repeated invites knowing that she's taking the place of more informed guests. This choice doesn't reflect well on the BBC either. It shows a lack of research, understanding and common sense. It also makes them appear out of touch with the lives of 'ordinary' people - call it the Nigella Effect.
As a relative newbie to Tattle and a definite newbie to these threads, that's the bit I CANNOT understand.
How the, who the, what the ... 🤣

The expression about fooling some of the people some of the time springs to mind.

Reactions: 18
1. They are, obviously, available on the NHS.
2. Jack lives in England and therefore has access to Right to Choose, meaning the NHS refer you to a private provider and pay for it.
3. I've never heard of assessments taking months or multiple psychiatrists. NHS waiting lists are long but not to weed people out. Sounds like you just got ripped off or were suspected of being drug seeking hun x

I was referred, diagnosed and starting titration within three months. NHS paid for it and my GP prescribes my meds at standard NHS charges. Her misinformation could stop people seeking help and is so bleeping harmful. As usual.
It's really horrible the way she's written that. If someone thought they might have ADHD but couldn't afford to pay £135 per month or found the idea of the process she describes overwhelming then as you say they just won't come forward. I'd personally find the idea of being treated with suspicion over a prolonged period pretty stressful.

Reactions: 57
It's really horrible the way she's written that. If someone thought they might have ADHD but couldn't afford to pay £135 per month or found the idea of the process she describes overwhelming then as you say they just won't come forward. I'd personally find the idea of being treated with suspicion over a prolonged period pretty stressful.
Yep, if I'd read that there's no way I would have gone through with it because of the prescription costs alone, nevermind the ~£1000 for the assessment.

For any English Frauen who have wondered about it, the PsychUK website has all the information on RTC and there's a really helpful FB group called something like "Adult ADHD/autism diagnosis - right to choose England".

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She's the same when she talks about benefits too.

She tells horror stories and even says she has some sort of PTSD from doing it during her poverty moment. Uses it as an excuse to why she's not on them now. Would put people right off. She tried to bullshit her way through the HoP Committee, Siobhan Bailee saw right through it, and Jack has still not got back to her with the data.

I really wouldn't put it past her to be fiddling the DWP too and claiming every penny of tax payer's money she can get her grubby mitts on.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I thought she'd tweeted about being on AD's that aren't compatible with ADHD meds, obtained privately or not.

Reactions: 17
I didnt watch the breakfast telly fiasco, but was wondering if she mentioned at any point that she was selling her lightbulbs and using solar fairy lights due to her fuel poverty?
I did however look at Tommy Lee’s wang pic.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
She's the same when she talks about benefits too.

She tells horror stories and even says she has some sort of PTSD from doing it during her poverty moment. Uses it as an excuse to why she's not on them now. Would put people right off. She tried to bullshit her way through the HoP Committee, Siobhan Bailee saw right through it, and Jack has still not got back to her with the data.

I really wouldn't put it past her to be fiddling the DWP too and claiming every penny of tax payer's money she can get her grubby mitts on.
She lies about her time on benefits. She claims she was subject to a sanction for leaving her job voluntarily. This is a lie, she would have been entitled to Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Child Benefit and Housing and Council Tax benefit due to having a small child. She was under no obligation to seek work in exchange for benefits. There might well have been delays with her claim through admin error etc but it was nothing to do with her circumstances and any competent money advice organisation would have been able to help her. She also keeps pushing the idea that children are taken into care as a result of benefit delays and claims this is why she couldn't tell anyone her and SB were living rough and starving. Until she went to a foodbank who mysteriously didn't hand her over to a Social Work snatch squad for asking for food. It's very dangerous to be pushing these lies and she really needs to stop.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 87
I've just seen that the Two Chubby Cubs are working with Lorna from fyf20quid.
Good lads. Well done.

She lies about her time on benefits. She claims she was subject to a sanction for leaving her job voluntarily. This is a lie, she would have been entitled to Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Child Benefit and Housing and Council Tax benefit due to having a small child. She was under no obligation to seek work in exchange for benefits. There might well have been delays with her claim through admin error etc but it was nothing to do with her circumstances and any competent money advice organisation would have been able to help her. She also keeps pushing the idea that children are taken into care as a result of benefit delays and claims this is why she couldn't tell anyone her and SB were living rough and starving. Until she went to a foodbank who mysteriously didn't hand her over to a Social Work snatch squad for asking for food. It's very dangerous to be pushing these lies and she really needs to stop.
If only there could be a pinned post at the top of each thread 👏.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
This squig seems like a fan a yet is genuinely perplexed by that recipe. How is Jack quite so hopeless at this one task?

Screenshot_20220812_033432.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
This does such a good job of explaining what many of us, including me have tried to. It’s wiki-worthy maybe, that and…

This! Also wiki worthy.

Reactions: 41
I’ve never heard of assessments taking months or multiple psychiatrists. NHS waiting lists are long but not to weed people out. Sounds like you just got ripped off or were suspected of being drug seeking hun x

Also this, as mentioned before someone close to me has ADHD and was able to go private due to their work, I also have a friend with an NHS diagnosis. The waiting lists on the NHS take a long time yes, but not the diagnosis itself.

This could be that Jack was not being taken seriously, or, also likely knowing Jack, she’s making a badly judged gross exaggeration so as to make the fact she takes them seem more ‘valid’ particularly to those who haven’t experienced whatever she is speaking about. We know this is how she operates. As others have said it has the probably unintended consequence of putting people off seeking help.

I have no doubt that wasn’t Jack’s intention. As with the lies about benefits it will have only been to make her own story sound more tragic than it was I think.

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.