Jack Monroe #36 Drawers of toys, drawers of pills, she needs 5 sideboards for all the lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a completely awful time for you and your family. Glad you are here and you can join in. Sending lots of love to you.
Thanks so much. Its nice to have somewhere to go to forget and remind myself our jacks woes are incomparable to everyone elses x

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Finally, I've made it.
I don't know how to do a trigger warning so apologies & if someone can explain then I'll pop it on.
So, the last 10 days have been shite.
I've had an early miscarriage - I was told no more children. Its been a shock.
My cousin (who in really close to) has been in icu, she has organ failure due to pre-eclampsia and her baby girl died at 31 weeks.
My mum has suddenly been diagnosed with type 1 diab and non alcoholic liver disease.
Stress has triggered a flare up & I have zero spoons.
But obviously I'm no where near as tragic as our Jack.
I saw the kitten update & the hell and roundup and I don't even have words.
The thread that must not be named (cut short, mystery cross posters) had me intruiged.
Jack turning up had my cringing inside out.
You can take co-codamol with tramadol (I do)
My head I'd about ready to spontaneously combust.
Love all you trolls.
Sorry for the disjointed post - I'm bleeding knackered
Oh you poor thing, what a time. Much love to you and yours. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
"normally I would brush it [the white sauce] on"

BRUSH ON THE SAUCE?
the horse sp*nk (can't bring myself to type it!) fiasco is so much funnier the second time round, I've hooted with every comment

edit: sorry was Grunka-ing so missed this, @Cat_scratches sending lots of love, please look after yourself and keep checking in here x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Thanks so much. Its nice to have somewhere to go to forget and remind myself our jacks woes are incomparable to everyone elses x
This thread is good for that. Plenty of comedy here, but also compassion, sharing - and pretty bloody good detective work 😂 Jack’s woes are out of this world - I don’t think anyone could compare 🥴 X

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I know covid has reshaped our commutes, but following nearly a decade of daily commuting & a lifetime of tfl, I can't believe that I have never:
  • Fallen under a train
  • Been locked on a train
  • Been told white trash shouldn't breed whilst on (or disembarking?) a train
Feel thoroughly undesirable tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Being here is the best distraction and I laugh so much, im still having an absolute shite time but I remind myself nobody had a worse libel case than Jack and mine pales in comparison. (I'd actually give my eye teeth to swap with her but hey...)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Finally, I've made it.
I don't know how to do a trigger warning so apologies & if someone can explain then I'll pop it on.
My cousin (who in really close to) has been in icu, she has organ failure due to pre-eclampsia and her baby girl died at 31 weeks.
My mum has suddenly been diagnosed with type 1 diab and non alcoholic liver disease.
The thread that must not be named (cut short, mystery cross posters) had me intruiged.
Love all you trolls.
Goodness, that really is a tit time. I'm so sorry you're going through so much right now. I hope the cabal can offer you some light relief at times, and support when needed. We are the nicest bunch of awful beefy faced witches. Sending love x

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Finally, I've made it.
Love all you trolls.
also just wanted to add how sorry I am to hear this and sending you love. That’s a lot to process and I hope you have good support around you xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm pleased you have slept better since Christmas. I hope you feel better now since then.
This Morning’s raw pasta segment. That was a special day.
I have a special weakness for the This Morning segment and the sad looking salmon and peas pasta dish. It was Eamon's grim taking one for the team expression as he forced down a forkful. Also Jack's If you wanna be fancy, and Ruth's you can taste the salmon.

I watch this on Youtube more than I would like to admit.

Btw, does anyone remember the episode and timing for Matt's terrible, as I would dearly love to revisit that.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Did some more research into her name out of curiosity, to my knowledge she’s used four names: Jack Monroe, Jack Xatzinikolas, Melissa Hadjicostas, Jack Hadjicostas. More combinations are possible but those are the ones she has definitely used. I’ve defended her in the past for changing her name to Jack Monroe but using FOUR names is a bit odd. Anyway, while Googling I found this Tweet:

View attachment 169477
Dead link but Edwina Currie saw through Jack’s tit years ago. Of course, all the comments are Jack’s fans defending her without question. I don’t agree with Edwina using JM’s granddad’s obituary to call her out - not at all. But I’m guessing in 2014 she wasn’t spending thousands on unnecessary home decor so her story was more believable. It’s understandable her fans would reason that a wealthy grandfather didn’t necessarily mean Jack couldn’t and didn’t fall into poverty herself. I get it. What I don’t understand is how 6 years and several book deals, rich partners, and other paid ventures later (plus endless expensive tit!) she still has fans convinced she’s almost perilously close to living on the breadline
I'm one pay check to being in the tit. Most of my friends are too. I guess a lot of the country are as well. I've not got the luxury to pay myself the minimum wage and bank the rest as I can't live on the minimum wage. I live on my salary which is a little higher than MW and I live frugally (no rinsed beans) but I've nothing else to save. Jack could've come on here and shut down this thread with a few Q&A

• Heart
Reactions: 32
also just wanted to add how sorry I am to hear this and sending you love. That’s a lot to process and I hope you have good support around you xxxxx

Hope your ok cat scratches. That's so sad. I hope you and your partner are getting all the support you need and your cousin and mum get well soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know covid has reshaped our commutes, but following nearly a decade of daily commuting & a lifetime of tfl, I can't believe that I have never:
  • Fallen under a train
  • Been locked on a train
Ever kicked a man’s shin on a train?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
  • Fallen under a train
  • Been locked on a train
But have you ever kicked a man in the shin on your uneventful train journeys?!

Ever kicked a man’s shin on a train?
Snap!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Favourite moment: YOU'RE ON, YOU'RE ON! The voice, the look in her face. Priceless.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

JACK MONROE - DESTROYER OF MAN SHINS

Edit- wait that's not the shin dammit. Gifs too small on my screen!!!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.