Jack Monroe #36 Drawers of toys, drawers of pills, she needs 5 sideboards for all the lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the duck was she doing? What does she SEE when she looks at these pictures? She cannot see the cringe inducing shambles that we are all looking at.

I am crying with laughter that this is not only an option but also acceptable to laugh at. Seriously, what have you done with your life if people are absolutely pissing themselves laughing over the time you slipped under a train. 😂😂😂😂 I feel like I've gone mad.
Honestly I almost didn't write it because I had a pang of guilt, but now with experience you just knowwww it didn't happen!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
So many favourite moments but I loved DKL, I really did nearly wet myself at the horse spunk lasagne. She was so awful on the whole programme, just loved Matt’s absolute contempt

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Did some more research into her name out of curiosity, to my knowledge she’s used four names: Jack Monroe, Jack Xatzinikolas, Melissa Hadjicostas, Jack Hadjicostas. More combinations are possible but those are the ones she has definitely used. I’ve defended her in the past for changing her name to Jack Monroe but using FOUR names is a bit odd. Anyway, while Googling I found this Tweet:

View attachment 169477
Dead link but Edwina Currie saw through Jack’s tit years ago. Of course, all the comments are Jack’s fans defending her without question. I don’t agree with Edwina using JM’s granddad’s obituary to call her out - not at all. But I’m guessing in 2014 she wasn’t spending thousands on unnecessary home decor so her story was more believable. It’s understandable her fans would reason that a wealthy grandfather didn’t necessarily mean Jack couldn’t and didn’t fall into poverty herself. I get it. What I don’t understand is how 6 years and several book deals, rich partners, and other paid ventures later (plus endless expensive tit!) she still has fans convinced she’s almost perilously close to living on the breadline
I've just remembered a few years ago, she was making a song and dance about going by the name Jack Xatzinikolas. Like so many things with JM, this seems to have since been dropped and never spoken of again. Does anyone else remember this?

Reactions: 15
Oh god now meldrum’s reactivated her account I might as well hand my notice in or I’ll be Grunking 24/7

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I actually know someone that fell under a train. It’s a girl I don’t know that well but she’s a fitness instructor in my local area and she was training for a bodybuilding competition. She lost loads of weight and some of the trains have large gaps between the train and the platform and she fell onto the track.

I actually do believe that may have happened to Jack. Mind the gap as they say.

Does it make me snigger? Yes. I’m a really awful person but it does. Not that I would want anyone to be seriously hurt

Reactions: 4
"There are some serious offers on the table."

Still laughing 😂🤣😆
I am genuinely (and *literally*) starting to become concerned at how deluded she is. We’re obviously still a good way away from any sort of normality but more and more people will gradually be going back to work so daytime TV gigs aren’t going to be what they were in the heady days of early lockdown (when I was supposed to be WFH but was agog at what was happening on DKL. I will never be able to look at a stock pot again or a portion of mince without laughing 😂).

And I don’t really follow that many TV personalities on Insta but of those I do, I’ve never see any of them declare there are other offers on the table - yes they’ll say what they’re up to next but by then it’s a done deal.

So what does that leave for her? Will she be commissioned for another cook book when about 50% of the people who bought them directly from her waited about 6 weeks to get it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 28
New thread title... "The kitten's here, and crassly named. There can be no doubt, Jack has NO SHAME."

Reactions: 17
So many favourite moments but I loved DKL, I really did nearly wet myself at the horse spunk lasagne. She was so awful on the whole programme, just loved Matt’s absolute contempt
It wasn’t just Matt either. I remember Paul Ainsworth was a guest early on and he looked pretty stony faced and unimpressed as she babbled on - it was all he could do not to raise his eyebrows - and he’s normally really amiable on telly.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The Hopkins "slaying the dragon" trial thingy really inflated her balls and she truly feels like a very threatening, not to be messed with person and that her stories will be believed. Half her Twit followers are only there because of the Hopkins thing imo. The train story and tweeting the station etc was not only a 'dont you know who I am' moment, but also a brilliant chance to have a two week long pity party and engagement about how to help her aching bones and joints after the fall, of course she had TRIED EVERYTHING!!!

Reactions: 22
I've just remembered a few years ago, she was making a song and dance about going by the name Jack Xatzinikolas. Like so many things with JM, this seems to have since been dropped and never spoken of again. Does anyone else remember this?
She had a phase of ‘reclaiming’ her Greek Cypriot heritage. Recently she was talking about reverting back to Hadjicostas and using the name on her next book which seemed to correlate with BLM so maybe she felt left out of the oppression... she’s already forgotten about that though 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I am genuinely (and *literally*) starting to become concerned at how deluded she is. We’re obviously still a good way away from any sort of normality but more and more people will gradually be going back to work so daytime TV gigs aren’t going to be what they were in the heady days of early lockdown (when I was supposed to be WFH but was agog at what was happening on DKL. I will never be able to look at a stock pot again or a portion of mince without laughing 😂).

And I don’t really follow that many TV personalities on Insta but of those I do, I’ve never see any of them declare there are other offers on the table - yes they’ll say what they’re up to next but by then it’s a done deal.

So what does that leave for her? Will she be commissioned for another cook book when about 50% of the people who bought them directly from her waited about 6 weeks to get it 🤷🏻‍♀️
I wonder this too. What’s her next move career-wise? I would be shooketh if anyone commissioned her for any decent gigs now she’s shown herself to be belligerent, ill-prepared and utterly unprofessional on every level.

Reactions: 21
I've given myself a stich reading these last few pages and laughing so much. It's the worst pain EVER. Worse than coughing up a lung. I think we should organise a tattle rewatch of DKL. With snacks and commentary.

Oh I has forgotten about the fancy stock pots!!! And when a tattler used the "fancy" side of the grater all those threads back!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The only DKL I could see on YouTube is the lasagne one!! It truly is magnificent. Here you go dear hearts....

I also forgot her mad gesticulating at herself when she wasn’t being paid enough attention by Matt and the guest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The only DKL I could see on YouTube is the lasagne one!! It truly is magnificent. Here you go dear hearts....

I also forgot her mad gesticulating at herself when she wasn’t being paid enough attention by Matt and the guest.
They’re all on Dailymotion for your viewing pleasure 😬

I’ve just rewatched the last one - love that she asked the professional gardener if he’d ever grown beans 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just wondering what everyone's favourite JM moment/s are so far? These are mine (paraphrased as I am just too BUSY right now to find the exact quotes, if that is OKAY with you?)

Dead Viv
bleeping Redcar
I MEANT that I have never ever before had another cat AT THIS EXACT MOMENT IN TIME, OKAY?
Mine is bleeping REDCAR but saying she uses stock pots when she wants to be FANCY gives it a run for its money.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Mine is bleeping REDCAR but saying she uses stock pots when she wants to be FANCY gives it a run for its money.
I was watching a (depressing) news report on covid hotspots and Redcar and Cleveland were up there. I nearly hooted but stopped myself just in time.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.