Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I don't like to use gaslighting because it does get overused but I am starting to see now it truly fits here. I was wondering why I kept getting cross with her, and then feeling sad for her and feeling conflicted. Her explanation about Harriet and Miliband has shone a spotlight on it for me.

She had 2 cats. (Fact) ~We know this to be true. It is evidenced.
Harriet and Miliband exist.
She shared their pictures on social media.
The cats were gone. (No explanation online remains) ~ Confusion
She states on Twitter she has only ever had one cat. (The lie) ~ Questioning ourselves, did we remember wrong? Seeking answers.
We know there were at least 2 more?
Someone asks for clarification. Where are M&H?
Jack responds. There is only 1 other cat NOW. (The excuse) ~Disbelief. She's twisted the words to make us look unreasonable. ~Doubt. Did we misunderstand? Have we taken it the wrong way?
Jack had to give up the other cats as she was THREATENED with homelessness. ~Guilt. We have invoked a bad memory. This was a traumatic time for Jack. We are at fault here.

Apologies, this is crudely done. What I really want is a flip chart and some coloured pens but you get the idea. She is TOXIC.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 110

Cat_scratches

Finally, I've made it.
I don't know how to do a trigger warning so apologies & if someone can explain then I'll pop it on.
So, the last 10 days have been shite.
I've had an early miscarriage - I was told no more children. Its been a shock.
My cousin (who in really close to) has been in icu, she has organ failure due to pre-eclampsia and her baby girl died at 31 weeks.
My mum has suddenly been diagnosed with type 1 diab and non alcoholic liver disease.
Stress has triggered a flare up & I have zero spoons.
But obviously I'm no where near as tragic as our Jack.
I saw the kitten update & the hell and roundup and I don't even have words.
The thread that must not be named (cut short, mystery cross posters) had me intruiged.
Jack turning up had my cringing inside out.
You can take co-codamol with tramadol (I do)
My head I'd about ready to spontaneously combust.
Love all you trolls.
Sorry for the disjointed post - I'm bleeding knackered

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 97

Flumps

VIP Member
I don't like to use gaslighting because it does get overused but I am starting to see now it truly fits here. I was wondering why I kept getting cross with her, and then feeling sad for her and feeling conflicted. Her explanation about Harriet and Miliband has shone a spotlight on it for me.

She had 2 cats. (Fact) ~We know this to be true. It is evidenced.
Harriet and Miliband exist.
She shared their pictures on social media.
The cats were gone. (No explanation online remains) ~ Confusion
She states on Twitter she has only ever had one cat. (The lie) ~ Questioning ourselves, did we remember wrong? Seeking answers.
We know there were at least 2 more?
Someone asks for clarification. Where are M&H?
Jack responds. There is only 1 other cat NOW. (The excuse) ~Disbelief. She's twisted the words to make us look unreasonable. ~Doubt. Did we misunderstand? Have we taken it the wrong way?
Jack had to give up the other cats as she was THREATENED with homelessness. ~Guilt. We have invoked a bad memory. This was a traumatic time for Jack. We are at fault here.

Apologies, this is crudely done. What I really want is a flip chart and some coloured pens but you get the idea. She is TOXIC.
I don't like to throw around terms like gaslighting either. Mostly because I've had it done to me in 2 relationships for sustained periods of time and it's one of things that properly sent me around the twist in the end, because it destroyed all my understanding of what was real and what wasn't, and turned me into someone incredibly paranoid and completely destroyed my sense of self, which was shakey to start with. I still cannot express (or indeed now clearly remember, because it's too hard, and it's easier to look at it through a haze) how devastating it is, because often each example is so small and seems inconsequential, but it all builds to living a life that feels like it's built entirely on shifting sand and somehow you become the person running around trying to prop it all up with reality, but you're left with nothing tangible to cling to. You feel like you are wrong and to blame, and when you are someone who tends to blame themselves anyway (and somehow people who do this can sniff you out like truffles), then it's a completely vicious circle. You feel like you are going mad, and then, sometimes, you eventually do.

One tiny one that I always remember because it was such a nonsensical thing to do it over. I had boxes of juice to put in my daughter's lunchbox and there was only one left and I remember making a note of it, because I was going to the supermarket the next day and would pick some up.

I came to pack her lunch later for the next day and it was gone. I asked my partner where it was (he was at home all day while I was at work) and just casually asked him if he'd drunk it. He said 'No, of course not, why would I drink it?' and I knew my daughter hadn't because I'd picked her up from school and there had been no opportunity for her to drink it. So I left it for a bit, sort of went over it all in my head, remembered thinking 'There's one left' and remembered thinking about supermarkets, and just having a clear image in my head of it. I spoke to my partner again and basically said, it's not the end of the world if you did drink it, but if you can let me know, then I can pick more up. He exploded at me about how there was never enough to drink in the house and I left him there all day with nothing to drink and no money to buy any more and blah, blah, blah, how dare I accuse him of drinking a child's juice, but if he had, which he hadn't then that would have been was because there was nothing else. Sudden furious rage that blew me away (I don't like rows) and went on for ages. I just backed down, because I couldn't fight that much about apple juice, and obviously I must have been wrong. By the end I was sure there had been no apple juice, so why had I remembered it, I must be losing the plot etc etc.

My life was like that anecdote for so many years (over one marriage and one long term relationship). It is powerfully damaging, though most examples are as small as that one.

Anyway, my point is, it's not a word to be lightly used, but that whole 'one cat *now*' episode is an absolutely textbook example of gaslighting, it's, frankly, heinous behaviour. It's not about misspeaking occasionally, it's about lying, then refusing to back down, then making it seem like the other person is wrong, then throwing some guilt in on top. You've summarised it perfectly and entirely accurately there. Not sure why I wanted to chime in with my waffle, but basically, I've experienced it *a lot* and that is precisely the template.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say this moment has to rank in the top 10 greatest hits:

1593631189114.jpeg

ETA - Spotted escaping from the scene of the crime:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79

peperomia

IMG_6634 (1).JPG

I said goodbye to this orange man after 16 years last autumn. Half of my life in this dream team, the grief has been unreal but I'm so grateful for every moment <3

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

Silver Linings

VIP Member
F20FC376-1DDD-42F1-A7D0-F6FBB4F6D53D.jpeg

Oh I do enjoy it when people who she’s no doubt assumed are tattlers, aren’t, and stand up for themselves. You go, red squiggle.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71

Mrswhale

These threads make me cringe so much and laugh real tears at the same time. How someone can lie like she does publically and call people on here trolls when she infact is a troll herself has my jaw on the floor most days. As a mother of a 10 year old who was diagnosed anorexic at 7 I'm utterly appalled by her latest shitshow bullshit. Jack you are an absolute disgrace. So many times iv debated joining twitter just to tell her to fuck off but this really is something that she needs to address and apologise for. Editing photos to make it look like she has an eating disorder is disgusting. Tattlers thank you for the laughs during an incredibly difficult few months ❤ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Cat_scratches

I'm still over on the other thread.
I've been grunkaling for what seems like eternity now.
Just. Popping into say hello to the cabal.
I've had the shittest couple of weeks, many shitty things have happened to me and my family. Obviously not as tragic as our poor Jack, but a little reason why I'm so behind.
Much love, hopefully see you all in real time soon xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68

choccydigestive

Chatty Member
Of all the things that trouble me most about her, its how she accessorised the vegan community and is sometimes shitty to (genuine) vegans / vegetarians (of which I am one) when they question her volte-face.

And, I guess you could say I'm already boycotting Fortnum & Mason... because I can't afford to do my shopping there!
I too have been actively boycotting Fortnums, as well as Vivienne Westwood, R&P, Chanel, those villas in the Maldives where you go down a slide into the sea, Creme de la Mer face cream, that really expensive Japanese beef, Victoria Beckham's new skincare range, first class air tickets, Bugatti, pots of saffron and the Hope Diamond.

ETA: sorry guys, my purse just did a chaos, hacked my account and wrote that post all by itself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

NorthernSoul

So yet again the poor person simply enquiring about the book THEY PAID FOR is made to feel guilty and actually suggests paying for extras? Omg how does she constantly get away with this shit?
I know, it makes me rage. A customer apologising for asking where the item she bought is. She’s a bloody joke! 😡

Seems this insta follower has Jack’s card marked, go girl 😂👏👏
F9095AC1-1142-4257-A9DD-FEB2C7A378A4.jpeg

Seems I’ve linked the book debacle with the insta post about the kitten!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66

moglits

From the other thread - it was quite rightly asked what Jack has actually done to help people during the pandemic.

SHE BROUGHT US EVIL WITCHES TOGETHER.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
She was on TM to cook linguine, or lingreenie as she called it. It was maybe a ten minute section and ahe spent most of the time with her back to the camera and Eamonn literally pulled faces and only spoke once when she was about to go. The pasta was raw, the water hadn’t even boiled yet. 🤪
Her hunched over the pot, with Eamonn's face kills me.
Screenshot_20200604_105244.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
I have a theory that I'm slightly scared to write down because I fear it will bring Jack screaming back here, but I'm gonna take our collective lives in my hands and go for it anyway. DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way judging sex workers here, more commenting on the speculation caused by Jack's lack of transparency.

Jack made Quite The Thing of being a sex worker and it was implied that this was street work during the dark days of selling SB's toy dinosaur etc. I actually wonder if it was significantly later, post-fame, and she does a bit of the sugar baby/fin-dom stuff. All these claims that a fucking EMIN and other niiiiiiiice stuff is "gifted" sit really strangely. I know she claims to have good friends but I really see no evidence of that. And there is certainly no way that normal friends would give you a super bougie but ultimately useless gift when you're quite clearly having a breakdown. She would also have a good network of contacts through the increasing media-luvvie-dom.

Anyway, just food for thought and total speculation, your honour. We know that successful types like to play on power dynamics and that this extends to their sexual predilections, and it goes some way to explaining Jack's professional urchinism.
I do love a wild theory, but I think it may be more likely that there are no friends and no gifts. Just her buying things with her comfortable income and wanting to talk about them without acknowledging she isn't, in fact, on the breadline.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I’m curious - after the events of the past week does anyone feel sorry for Jack any more or has she throughly shot herself in the foot by coming on here and being a complete nause?

(personally I have never once felt sorry for her in all of this because I do not pander to attention seeking histrionics)
I admit that I did at times feel sorry for her / a little guilty that she was reading here .. and I also used to find her amusing because she was so ... ridiculous .... but she did her self no favours coming here and I really wish all of her Jack-o-lanterns could read that whole exchange and then the weekend’s display of utter wankery and attention-seeking and LYING and be educated as to what exactly they should be championing.

I don’t feel sorry for her anymore. If what is written here upsets her or pisses her off, don’t seek it out. If she’s so BUSY, who would have the time? Utter chumbucket.

Even if she took that kitten on but did it privately without the massive song and dance and defensiveness and stupid name - then it’s her business, as she clearly can afford its care? But all of the showboating and opening the floor for for ‘advice’ is just another display for sympathy and attention and lining the saintly bed.

In other news, I had this for lunch today (I have it most days as I’m boring like that and I love it):

Houmous on toast, sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper and guinea pesto. Yum!
E2B70E2B-3FB9-4139-A809-14E05FD10236.jpeg

Just kidding it wasn’t guinea pesto. I’m not a monster. It was guineaguacamole 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63