Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What if it kept you warm if you put it on your bed side table?

Reactions: 34
I absolutely can't manage meter readings for various reasons due to aspects of my conditions. I have told my utility company numerous times and I'm on their disabled customer scheme but they still regularly ask me to do it, I just hope that their technology is good enough to calculate my actual usage and adjust accordingly

Reactions: 32
I concur. I'm very Scottish, and I love my English friends' fab accents. Saying weird Scottish things is rather annoying and I'm not even sure why...

Reactions: 22
Why does _everything_ she makes look like someone ate it then immediately voided it back up onto the plate? Just so viscerally revolting! It’s like her special gift or something, idk.
~Slightly~ ot but I caught my Content eating their own vom today, still looked and smelled like 'food' , more attractive and no doubt more appetising than anything evil jack could conjure up

Reactions: 15
She's a leach. Exhausted her parents. She's a petulant child. I'll show you attitude. That attitude has never left her.

Reactions: 27
I concur. I'm very Scottish, and I love my English friends' fab accents. Saying weird Scottish things is rather annoying and I'm not even sure why...
I’m going to sidle up to you in Rose St Sainsbury’s and just whisper “taps aff” in English in your ear I’m not

Reactions: 42
The worst ones are when she was doing £10 a week. Yeah they are for a desperate situation but even a food bank would let you survive on this little food:

The mushroom soup? That tasty Sunday treat? 64 calories. No, not per person. For the whole thing, which serves two. This got printed in the guardian for fuck sake.

I honestly think you’d be better off buying loads of value biscuits because at least they’d help you feel full for the day.

Reactions: 65
I once miscalculated how much food I’d need for a trip when I was a teenager, Can confirm that for two days I ate a couple of packets of biscuits. No heating cost, no refrigeration, lightweight to carry in the backpack. That’s my kind of 50p per day living. Mmmm custard creams.

Reactions: 55
I wonder why she doesn't look at Lidl/Aldi special buys every week, and make a meal plan for the week based on what's on offer?

That's probably waayyyy too much effort for her puppy brain

Reactions: 42
She's a scrounger. She's taking the piss. Probably thinks she's educating the great unwashed

Reactions: 29
I had to leave Old Style - some very odd people on there and it seemed more like a coffee morning and a "look what I've done" thread. Some great ideas but some utter loon cakes....

She's as thick as mince.....
She’ll be right at home there with the utter loon cakes

Reactions: 15
I don’t understand why you’d need to wash the sauce off? I make a sausage casserole that uses beans and chopped tomatoes and it mixes just fine. You can buy beans without sauce anyway! There’s a maximum of two portions in that recipe let’s be honest.

Reactions: 23
I could totally see Sovereign Citizen Jack. There's a few where I live, and she does give off that vibe. The older she gets, the more down the rabbit hole she'll fall, because no one has stepped in and told her to stop it with her shit.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.