Jack Monroe #354 Who funds you, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh she’s trending on Twitter again!
I can do weekend chaos’s because everything that I do at work is timed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I flagged that sock last night.

Jack, you're a sad desperate twit. Just give it up.
Oops, sorry Bri. I was on a skimgrunk all of yday so missed the detail.

I’m usually a stopwatch demon in the gym with rest between sets but I was reading Tattle and Mr Goat was like “um, Disgruntled, it’s been four and a half minutes, is it time for you to pick up the barbell again?”

Me like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I’ve just read the full introduction for Tin Can Cook and the only real mention of food banks is how she had to use them for a long, dreadful, hard 6 months. No “I’m writing this for the people who use them, in conjunction with” It’s just bullshit, her stock response when her back is against the wall is to cry “none of its for me, it’s for the poor people!” And as for it being the simplest recipe she has obviously forgotten the canned OJ. Who actually signs this shite off!
Because the poors don’t have hobs or pans or fuel but they absolutely all have blenders, don’t they?

Christ.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
She boils canned (cooked) chickpeas for duck's sake. the pretence that her recipes are for people too poor to boil pasta is fully exposed.

Reactions: 54
You just know the truth of it is Tom politely nodded and smiled at her whilst she banged on about The Poverty and her hoop rinsing expertise, then went off and did what he was going to do in the first place. The idea that anyone (thicko squigs excepted) let alone a professional chef would approach Jack for advice about food is laughable.
Just shows the size of her ego though. She genuinely believes that these actual chefs steal her ideas, and in her mind gain success off the back of them. She's accused JO numerous times of doing the same. She can't accept that these people are better than her, she doesn't have a 'niche' and noone needs her bizarre recipes that don't work. In her head anyone that does well with any budget cookery has only done so because they've copied her. It's pitiful really. But also a bit funny 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Can I ask a bit of an ignorant question please?
Not really specific to Jack, but more general. I’ve never done coke but have been drunk a lot, to varying degrees. I know I couldn’t write a coherent tweet or message, free of typos, if I was drunk. I’d think it was fine and then in the morning I’d see that I’d oh-so-calmly written “polar bear” instead of “shoe” or something. And I’d be sure there were no errant capital letters but there definitely would be.

Putting the timing and content of her tweets aside, I’d have thought (naively I suspect) that if she wasn’t sober, it would show, but her tweets are usually typo-free*. I’m not asking this to imply that she is or isn’t sober, I guess I just always thought that someone under the influence would be firing off misspelt and sloppy tweets. I’m sure I’m wrong - but can someone verify?

* Apart from the flagrant refusal to use apostrophes in possessives, of course, but that’s another story.
It depends on the cut of the ❄ But as a rule, if you do a small amount when you’re drinking it just sobers you up and sharpens your wits, negating the worst effects of the booze.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I really hope pasta Kevin has had a glorious week this week! Every single person who's had a crappy pile on from Jack and her flying monkeys should be sitting having a little giggle to themselves now.
She dishes it out so often. Whether they're a public figure or not, whether they're a twit or not, don't dish out what you can't take.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
It’s funny because the other day I saw a new cooking show on BBC3 that’s headed up by Stacey Dooley. But isn’t she very working class? Jack said that the BBC don’t hire working class people like her, so I’m terribly confused right now. 🤔 Oh well, must be because she’s trans then.
I love that show!
You forgot the aristocrat Big Zuu! 🙈 No slop here!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I cannot believe she’s done this on the morning I’m helping my dad move his massive boat* up to his sailing club** from their sweeping driveway***.

So rude.

* a wee tiny dinghy
** a shed by a loch
*** the side return by the bins.
I know right? I think I’ll have to get one of my staff to read out tattle and twitter while my masseuse is here. She’s so selfish!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Screenshot 2022-08-06 09.44.32.png

SHAN'T screenshot them all because I can't be bothered squigging but quite a few folk are tweeting Tom Kerridge about Jack's allegations. The one above made me 🍾 🦉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
If she has Tom Kerridge’s number, I wonder if he’s currently getting grovelling texts from her.

“I didn’t mean what I said, I was in a fugue state after they criticised my beans!”

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.