Jack Monroe #354 Who funds you, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she’s accusing him and James Martin of STEALING HER IDEAS. Oh my god. She’s mad. She can’t cook for tit and she thinks THEY steal HER recipes.
I am done. Send breakfastos from accomplished actual trained cheffos pls.
SCENE:

James Martin is sitting back in his comfiest chair, looking at at his phone. He gives a wry smile and chuckles to himself.

CUTS TO PHONE SCREEN

Where we see he has Jack Monroe’s Twitter page open.

He types ‘U Ok, hun?’

PRESSES SEND. SCREEN CUTS TO BLACK.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I'm giving myself to the end of this thread and then I have to do something with my Saturday :LOL:
I’ve got an 8yo asking me when we are going to town shopping for new shoes, and then we going to watch Brighton Pride parade, she won’t accept staying in much longer for a Saturday chaos. 😁OMG I imagine they’ll be a lot to catch up with today, gonna be pages and pages on here! I’ll have to find a cafe later to sit down and read through all the nonsense Jack’s been up to, she seems up for a big chaos today 🤦🏽‍♀️🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Not all of the recipes Jack. Some the ones you lifted directly from BBC good food etc are nice.

As I always say, Jack Monroe recipes, good and original. But never at the same time.
Not forgetting the ones slightly changed/directly from slimming world groups.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She's finished in the media. The percolation has started. There are people you don't insult and trash, and Tom is one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Just saw a Jack defender claiming her critics don't want her to have money, and that they want her to only have £20 to spend on groceries.

That's not true. I don't care how much money she has or if she has a big house. I just think she's an hole for the claims she makes and the grifting and pretending.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Silly bint. Tom obviously chatted to her to see if she had anything of note to contribute to FTM. Then softly, gently, lost her number.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
It depends on the cut of the ❄ But as a rule, if you do a small amount when you’re drinking it just sobers you up and sharpens your wits, negating the worst effects of the booze.
Also speaking from my pre recovery experience on text and DMs (not Twitter THANK GOD), it makes you very verbose, very self obsessed, prone to over sharing and desperate to always get the last word. And unable to log off. Hmmm….

Anyways Frauen I feel so…relieved that this is finally happening. Yes that’s the emotion, RELIEVED. Imho she showed herself back in 2015 when she tweeted that thing about Ivan Cameron and I just think it’s sad that it’s taken Twitter another 7 years to catch on.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Exactly. A major thing for me to begin with is, who is buying a recipe book when they're absolutely broke? That's 15/20 pounds or Euro toward food. No one who is genuinely broke is buying a cosplay poverty recipe book. They're buying what bloody food they can afford.

I'm not on the bones of my arse (as she likes to say) but not rich or well off by any means, just surviving, but admittedly not struggling at the moment, and even I wouldn't be out buying recipes right now to save money. Purely because there are ample resources available for free online. You don't even need to type in budget. Most pasta dishes and casseroles are cheap. I love James Martin and Rachel Roddy. I love Darina Allen. I can tolerate Clodagh McKenna when she isn't shrieking (recipes are good). Those are just a few free recipe resources. Yes, they do fancy stuff, but I've found plenty of every day dinners there too. No hoop rinsing required.
The whisk app is also quite good. Simple easy recipies. My Old harold likes to cook from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
OMG I slept in and there’s been so much to grunk. I can clear up the TK stuff if they want to avoid court though:

Full time meals recipes: tasty
Jacks recipes: not tasty

Twitter is now full of middle class non food bank users trying to justify rinsed hoops because people don’t like tomatoes. I’ve never been in the position of using a food bank but I’ve always got the impression they try to be nice and not give you thinks you don’t like?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
“Hi it’s Tom, can’t get to the phone right now as am well busy with my Michelin star restaurants, excellent TV shows, catering for F1, running an amazing initiative to help feed kids, editing another fantastic book packed with epic recipes but leave a message and I’ll hit you up you little pirate rascal” “Oh hi Tom it’s me Jack, hope you don’t mind but Marcus gave me your number as he said you were working on something that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to help with as I am the literal expert on it all, I was poor don’t you know, not now but don’t tell anyone, that’s the key you see. Anyway I’ve done some ingenious stuff with hoops, rinsing the sauce off and stuff like that, makes excellent tomato purée if you didn’t know. Give me a shout but I’d probably have to come to yours as I don’t have lightbulbs, hot water or a toaster and it’s a terribly crappy bungalow. If you let me know when as I’ll make a Gorgonzola semi Freddo thing but I need loads of notice as it’s takes ages for me to collect all the stuff in the reduced section, sometimes it can be weeks before the olives pop up, if it needs to be sooner don’t worry as I’ll pop some grapes on the radiator as most stuff is interchangeable. Anyway like I said let me know, it’s best not to write as I don’t open letters, don’t email as I have 184,675 unread ones and it will just get lost but I’m always on Twitter? I can’t wait to speak to you, I’ve got some really fantastic ideas of stuff kids love, sardine lollipops, mackerel milkshake with a bean juice topping, god I’m blithering on now but I’m just so excited. Can’t wait Tom!” “ alright Tom, how’s things?” “FFS Marcus I’ve just had that Monroe leave me an hour long message, why did you give her my number, chucked me right under the bus there!” “I’m so sorry Tom I had to, she’s said if I didn’t she would make me eat another one of those turkey meatballs, I had to get her off my back, can we not just ignore her and hope she’ll go away?” “Christ on a bike Marcus I get it mate, don’t worry I’ll get a new number and mums the word”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
What have I missed ref James Martin?
I also have to go out.
My phone screen is crap in the sun
Ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She’s an idiot for going after Tom Kerridge of all people. A guy who actually grew up poor and sweated his arse off in Michelin starred kitchens to learn his craft. Jack wouldn’t last one bloody shift in a Wetherspoons kitchen on microwave duty. She’s a jealous, nasty tit.

Didn’t she also heavily imply that she was involved in developing Leon’s menu? When she was shacked up with Leggy, there were the usual boring blogs about her big important business meetings and working behind the scenes. Yawn. She was very bitter about its success from what I remember. Quelle surprise.
I think you mean 'Big Important Business Meetings' dearheart.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What have I missed ref James Martin?
I also have to go out.
My phone screen is crap in the sun
Ffs
He went all FB hun yesterday with a post saying ‘KARMA IS A witch’, didn’t elaborate, got loads of ‘hope you’re ok’s’ and ‘inbox me, bbz’, made the national press, and we surmised it was about Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.