Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is amazing! The more people do their own digging as well, the more they'll come across that will confirm for them that Jack is a charlatan. It's all there for them to find.
Mollys thread is everywhere.
This is from a Squig with a relatively small account but who is followed by, to me, quite influential people. They did a short thread about Jack, setting out what they saw as both sides. Asked their conclusions they posted this.

EF25995D-6C6E-463C-B836-E8D1C65204FA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 98
I don’t understand the mortgage offer thing, tbh. I’ve only ever applied for one when I was certain I had everything in place and was definitely going to buy/sell. If she was turned down then that goes against you in the future, yes? So did she go asking how much she could borrow, but didn’t have the deposit? And if she was told that she would able to borrow £550,000 then that’s based on her income, so she must be pulling in a fair amount. Would they take the Patreon income into consideration because that can’t be guaranteed income. I’m a bit baffled by that whole thing.

I also don’t think it was a dry run as such. I think she’d seen somewhere that she wanted to buy but some obstacle was put in her way, whether that was earnings, not enough deposit or whatever.
She probably just put some numbers into one of those online mortgage calculator thingys to arrive at the 550k they don’t take into account things like credit rating.

I think this, or as other have said, she’s actually bought/is buying the crappy “1 bed flat” and is crowdfunding things like lawyers fees disingenuously

• Wow
Reactions: 33
This is from a Squig with a relatively small account but who is followed by, to me, quite influential people. They did a short thread about Jack, setting out what they saw as both sides. Asked their conclusions they posted this.

View attachment 1471172
How very dare they, it's 352 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

View attachment 1471172
Think that's a fair assessment, but we are at 352 now, squig. X

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Ask and ye shall be accepted into the comments club my tender one. Go well xx
Edit - has the MN chat thread on her been zapped? When I try to find it from google it says something went wrong!
Edit again - found it! Doesn't work in the app for some reason.

They've got a setting where they can make posts/threads/sections not searchable - it's used on a section called OTBT (off the beaten track), for a start.

Reactions: 17
Richard, the leading economist and big Jack supporter, is questioning economic policy this morning. Not sure why he isn’t asking Jack for her take, as he was indicating yesterday that chucking money her way would help in the fight we all face this coming winter 🤷🏽‍♀️

Don’t want to break it to him, but however painful raising interest rates will be, the BOE have little choice now in their effort to curb inflation. The longer we leave it the worse it will become for many more, it’s pretty much all the BOE have left to stop inflation increasing further. Have to say I would love to see Jack comment on this though, sure she has the answer in one of her binders of ‘invaluable work’

View attachment 1471148
Does Clever Dickie understand the causal link between over a decade of rock bottom interest rates and the ridiculous inflation in asset prices over the same period, which is directly responsible for shutting people out of the housing market and eroding living standards?

No.

Clever Dickie is to economics what Jack is to Truth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I loved Beer Garden mum so much for doofing Jack in the face with a tray.
She probably just dropped it a few feet away from Jack. Not sure a pub gardenia the first place I’d think of to visit with a 6yr old and a *checks notes* dog…..?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She probably just put some numbers into one of those online mortgage calculator thingys to arrive at the 550k they don’t take into account things like credit rating.

I think this, or as other have said, she’s actually bought/is buying the crappy “1 bed flat” and is crowdfunding things like lawyers fees disingenuously
That would be the assumption but Jack made a big deal of how she could have gotten a mortgage if she'd allowed a mortgage broker to kiss her feet or something similar.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I mean this with all due respect and appreciate you are new so please don’t take this as a kick to the shins or dog piling - but the posts re 0.5% ABV alcohol are coming from people in the fellowship with years / more like decades of recovery between us all? It is incredibly important to point out that Jack is simultaneously pushing herself as AA poster girl (in breach of traditions) whilst also sharing dangerous advice with vulnerable newcomers, like drinking these “alcohol free” drinks and using booze in cooking, this directly contradicts advice in the “living sober” book which even goes as far as to advise avoiding wet places and keeping any booze in the home, you wouldn’t even use a mouth wash or shaving foam containing alcohol. It’s really, really not on and I’m sorry but your repeated hammering of this point isn’t really fair when you’re seemingly not in the rooms (correct me if I’m wrong pls) so arguably not equipped to comment on what is or isn’t safe for people in recovery? It’s a privilege to think caring about this stuff is weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I just want to add (as someone who doesn’t drink, who isn’t in AA, but comes from a psychology background), there are numerous psychological reasons why “alcohol-free” or low alcohol drinks (beer, gin, seedlip type thing) should be avoided by those who are struggling. These reasons generally include the triggering of behavioural cues, either by taste (not the actual alcohol content), memory or smell. Other factors are involved but a long OT spoiler will be required.
I am in no way as qualified to speak on this area as others (HTRIA for example), but I just wanted to say that it isn’t just the actual alcohol content in these drinks that is problematic, it is so, so much more. There are degree programmes on it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I am fascinated by what jobs these people do…
Generally business admin/marketing within higher education. It's an issue that their higher managers are aware of. Thankfully they don't report directly to me or there would be a wheen of P45s required.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
This is going to sound daft but is Tattle an insane website? I don’t really look at anything else.
In fairness to squig, if she turned up during the first Harold mania thread or the Walrus thread you can see why she might be wary.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Going well then?
So much chatter out there!

This is what some people think or that she passes the money on. This is the same guy who did the poll - he not happy! :D
1659608791060.png

We counted our teeth! I think we're insane. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 101
In fairness to squig, if she turned up during the first Harold mania thread or the Walrus thread you can see why she might be wary.
Or my favourite ever post, the drawing of the ballet dancing cat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I'm all for the off-the-wall, surrealist insanity you lot have here, it's the best. Oh, and the dramatist personae too. X

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.