Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. She is absolutely 100% lying here 🧢, this teenage girl was supposedly off her head, verbally abusing her kids and throwing drinks trays in a quiet pub garden in the middle of the day and you mean to say the staff just allowed it to happen and did nothing about it? Never in a million years.
2. ‘The little scrunge’???? Wow.
3. Surely if you thought this girl had stolen your wallet, the first thing you’d do is ring the police and report it?
"they wouldn't share so I threw it away INNIT" Seems legit.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Purely speculation, but I don't think they have only one sock on MN, I feel another may have been deployed :oops:
Actually I retract that - think I'm seeing things that are not there. Going to need to step away from the keyboard and have a lie down :eek:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Remember when Jack was only making meals with tinned fish? And put her fresh fish donation in the freezer and couldn't use it because she was working her way through her tins? Memories, rest between the pages of my mind🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Don’t be sad, tender one. It is a bare faced lie.

Thank you dear heart. Indeed they have not. In fact feathers are part of the issue here. We were out in the evening for a little while and as we came back there was a dead bird on the pavement right outside our path. I have a very real fear of this particular type of bird and started screaming. Mr Laz was creeped out by it and is refusing to move it. We have reached a stalemate.
i actually don’t know how I’m going to be able to leave the house in the morning.
bleep.

Probably already been said but don't worry dear heart, it's only a glove!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Has she decided on where she is taking her son for his summer of fun?

I hope she keeps the chaos down today, as i am going out shortly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Just reading the MN thread and have some thoughts that it’s hard when we are all grunking to remember that lots of people who like her probably don’t give her much thought and see the odd tweet and believe it (not like the bonkers ones) but there’s a few on that thread saying oh I thought she was a good one and now realise not. And the mollie thread is the first thing that’s cut through to them plus there seems to be quite a few people that like a lot of us had a feeling something wasn’t quite right but hadn’t looked any further into it but now are realising they were right. And as a result it seems to be snowballing. I’m not sure she will be cancelled but I’d be surprised if she got such a windfall again as she did earlier this week.

Also do we know the reason why her son is mostly with his dad. It’s quite unusual for mum not to be main parent.
Wasn’t there a poster once on MN who said she knew Js father and he had to be very careful to keep the way of her or Jack would stop him having his son?
It sounded like it was a mutual thing but father having to blow smoke Up Jacks arse, telling her she was great Etc to keep her on an even keel and not demand SB back. That was my impression at the time although I could be wrong.
Father seems really devoted to J and his half sister though if you look at his FB. ( which I did only once and felt rather grubby about tbh)
Anyway things will be different now, he’s reached the age where he can decide.

Didn’t she take him to London to live with Allegra though?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
At times like this, when her grifting, lying and other more objectionable qualities are at the forefront of the discussion, it's nice to have a reminder of what a terrible, terrible cook she is.

Literally everything she makes looks like the contents of a blocked toilet, something dredged from the depths of a pond, or, as above, viscera. It's quite the talent.
It’s nice to go back to the beginning (it’s turning out to be an odd day 🥴).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The MN thread is still going. The poster-who-may-possibly-have-been-Jack appears to have given up and gone away.

They're drilling down into various lies, including "I don't have a toaster but here's my toaster" and "I can only afford one pair of shoes but here is my lovely collection of shoes"

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Jack has reached far and wide with recent tweets and retweets. I don't think we are going to be the only connoisseurs of her cuisine in the future. Likewise a far larger audience for her snarky, I am going to sick my lawyer on you tweets. And let's face it, her purple prose deserves a wider reach (barring the triggery bits).

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The MN thread is still going. The poster-who-may-possibly-have-been-Jack appears to have given up and gone away.

They're drilling down into various lies, including "I don't have a toaster but here's my toaster" and "I can only afford one pair of shoes but here is my lovely collection of shoes"
We just need a diagram of her drive/garden with location of the herb pots and trees and we will have a full house.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m noticing a fair few links to Tattle on the hellsite so no picking your noses, lads, or posting in your pants.

When people are openly mocking you and taking the piss you know you’ve lost credibility. I hope she doesn’t try and play out some victim drama as I don’t think people will buy it. It’s hard not to feel sorry for her even though I'm trying to keep in mind that she dishes out worse than this on a regular basis to people who don’t a have team of flying monkeys coming to their aid or others throwing money at them.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
no offence taken, I’m not taking disagreement as dogpiling, and I’m up for being corrected where I’m wrong. for clarity though, what I referred to wasn’t related to any claims about AA, but was in context of a poster suggesting that drinking alcohol free beer during a period of claiming to be off the booze was evidence of hypocrisy or lying. I would absolutely accept that highlighting the contradiction between framing oneself as an AA poster girl and then behaving at odds with AA is a direct contradiction that can be fairly highlighted - but it’s that contradiction that’s the crucial one in convincing anyone of anything, not “claiming to be sober but drinking alcohol free beers”.

For those who aren’t familiar with/don’t use AA, the idea of drinking alcohol free beers while abstaining is utterly mundane, and there are lots of people who successfully recalibrate their problematic/habitual drinking by using alternative/alcohol free beers as a manageable way of changing habits.
As @TbilisiPeach delineated above though, there’s obviously a difference between making a point in a way that is an attempt to convince newcomers to Jack’s actions, and between casual discussion when you’re already very familiar with it.
As I joined in the wake of the twitter thread, I was definitely calibrated towards interpreting posts as “ooh this‘ll be good if it got seen” vs “hmmm, if I’d seen that I wouldn’t think it showed anything weird at all”, but after a day or so of reading, I get that these threads arent designed to convince anyone but to discuss amongst those who already get it.
I may have misread the room in that respect, though I joined up specifically because quite a few people were saying they’d be interested in the perspective of newcomers after the JM is a grifter thing went mainstream, so I engaged as a newcomer, being straightforward about how this stuff reads to someone who has only just gone down the rabbit hole
I'm very glad you're here @CEB1980 ! The more the merrier tbh.

Also on MN - someone's got her number re the VBI....

"What did JM actually do re ONS?

What she did do was get a bit upset when her local asda didn't have some cheap rice in and decided it must be true everywhere (or something along those lines).

She is extremely talented at writing angry tweets that people mistake for 'doing work'/"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I don’t understand the mortgage offer thing, tbh. I’ve only ever applied for one when I was certain I had everything in place and was definitely going to buy/sell. If she was turned down then that goes against you in the future, yes? So did she go asking how much she could borrow, but didn’t have the deposit? And if she was told that she would able to borrow £550,000 then that’s based on her income, so she must be pulling in a fair amount. Would they take the Patreon income into consideration because that can’t be guaranteed income. I’m a bit baffled by that whole thing.

I also don’t think it was a dry run as such. I think she’d seen somewhere that she wanted to buy but some obstacle was put in her way, whether that was earnings, not enough deposit or whatever.
I think it's just the usual tricksy wording again. I reread the post about buying the 800k house in a heartbeat if it were worth 2/3 of the value and then she goes on about paying 550k some of which was a loan. I get the impression she thinks she should be entitled to just get a house mortgage free. Frankly at this point my brain has melted with the numbnuts of it all.

Reactions: 41
no offence taken, I’m not taking disagreement as dogpiling, and I’m up for being corrected where I’m wrong. for clarity though, what I referred to wasn’t related to any claims about AA, but was in context of a poster suggesting that drinking alcohol free beer during a period of claiming to be off the booze was evidence of hypocrisy or lying. I would absolutely accept that highlighting the contradiction between framing oneself as an AA poster girl and then behaving at odds with AA is a direct contradiction that can be fairly highlighted - but it’s that contradiction that’s the crucial one in convincing anyone of anything, not “claiming to be sober but drinking alcohol free beers”.

For those who aren’t familiar with/don’t use AA, the idea of drinking alcohol free beers while abstaining is utterly mundane, and there are lots of people who successfully recalibrate their problematic/habitual drinking by using alternative/alcohol free beers as a manageable way of changing habits.
As @TbilisiPeach delineated above though, there’s obviously a difference between making a point in a way that is an attempt to convince newcomers to Jack’s actions, and between casual discussion when you’re already very familiar with it.
As I joined in the wake of the twitter thread, I was definitely calibrated towards interpreting posts as “ooh this‘ll be good if it got seen” vs “hmmm, if I’d seen that I wouldn’t think it showed anything weird at all”, but after a day or so of reading, I get that these threads arent designed to convince anyone but to discuss amongst those who already get it.
I may have misread the room in that respect, though I joined up specifically because quite a few people were saying they’d be interested in the perspective of newcomers after the JM is a grifter thing went mainstream, so I engaged as a newcomer, being straightforward about how this stuff reads to someone who has only just gone down the rabbit hole
Oh no you’ve not misread the room at all and I really don’t want to come across as telling you you’re wrong, your post is perfect at illustrating the difference in contexts - basically 0.5% abv ✅ for alcohol reduction/lifestyle change ❌ for sobriety/recovery. The problem with her is she’s decided to centre herself in her local fellowship - eg I’m the secretary, I’m making biscuits*, attendance to my meeting is up because of my biscuits *and* is dishing out incorrect advice whilst posing as a trusted person in the fellowship. It’s literally why the traditions exist to safeguard the fellowship against nefarious/unwell characters like Jackie diverting the message/intention of the fellowship away from its primary purpose. What she’s doing is seriously bleeping wrong and potentially deathly, I know it comes across as mithering unless you take the huge AA issue into account. Sorry I can’t even type well on this as it is my anger issue with her & the guardian for irresponsibly platforming her on this. There are tons of genuinely inspirational actually WC or marginalised people in recovery & promoting recovery to those who need it who’d never get to share their amazing messages cos Jackie has sharp elbowed herself in for another 60p a word tirade.

*trades description will be in touch in due course cos idk what those crusty things really were

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Totally agree that its none of our business why their custody is why it is - was just something I was pondering. Go well.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.